India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

right wing

Country flag

Turf now held by Chinese soldiers includes positions in the Galwan Valley that overlook a new Indian highway built to supply New Delhi’s most forward military base at Daulat Beg Oldi. “The Chinese have presented a fait accompli to India, and they are deeply entrenched and sitting pretty in vantage locations overlooking the highway, which is now in easy artillery range of the PLA,” said Brahma C
hellaney, a professor of strategic studies at New Delhi’s Centre for Policy Research.

...............But analysts are sceptical about New Delhi’s prospects of dislodging the Chinese troops without big concessions.
Chellany lost his job back in 80s for fudging BTW.

right wing

Country flag
He's a good guy regardless, no point trying to burn everyone who has a different view since the fact is that we simply dont know what's really happened. Even Nitin Gokhale is saying that the Chinese are on some spurs between f4 and f8.
The only thing is that he is not "everyone".He has been a hawkish delusional critic ever since he started his job with expert international connections in all western media and think tanks.
That is why his views are to be taken very cautiously in general.

right wing

Country flag
The only thing is that he is not "everyone".He has been a hawkish delusional critic ever since he started his job with expert international connections in all western media and think tanks.
And the Chinese have been between F4 and F8 since 1999 at least if not more.
So no point discussing their presence or occupation here,what is more important is their nefarious camping very close to F4 and our follow on clashes which has precipated this standoff .

Indrajit

Country flag
And the Chinese have been between F4 and F8 since 1999 at least if not more.
So no point discussing their presence or occupation here,what is more important is their nefarious camping very close to F4 and our follow on clashes which has precipated this standoff .
The complete blocking of our patrols is new. The occupation of the spurs there is also new since it relates to indian patrols using different routes to get to f7/8 .

Indrajit

Country flag
I would say that he's been absolutely correct on China where the others have been delusional. He's a hawk but theres absolutely nothing wrong with that, we need more hawks around.

tsunami

Country flag
Gentlemen,
It would be interesting if we can show this map of historic occupations of china upon various counties in the last 75-100 years to open up their can of lies and myths they transpire across the internationally in various political platforms.
View attachment 49752
China occupied Manchurian??? I thought at least Manchurian was Chinese :pound::pound::pound::pound:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Ladies/Gents,

As I mentioned earlier, this whole tamasha was manufactured by China in desperate hope that India for the fear of escalation would not bomb Pakistanese terror launchpads. Unfortunately for Pakistan, it did not work. India last night (India time) carried out air raids against Pakistanese terror launchpads. There was nothing that China could do to help Pakistan.
whats the source that claims the midnight air raids? i haven't seen any on main stream media

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag

Indrajit

Country flag

About general Harinder Singh the commander of 14 corps .
The article again seems to suggest some taking of heights by china.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is just chinese sleight of hand....move on a number of different positions, then make concessions by offering to pull back from most but holding on to what was possibly the main aim. We need to watch the situation in Galwan valley closely.

Last edited:

right wing

Country flag
The complete blocking of our patrols is new. The occupation of the spurs there is also new since it relates to indian patrols using different routes to get to f7/8 .
Yes that is what the standoff is about,not about Chinese roads or base in finger 5,because they have been allowed by our indifference in last 2 decades.

Indrajit

Country flag
Excellent points by shiv(@bennedose)

shiv

Profile picture
6 hours ago
, 10 tweets, 2 min read

Bookmark Save as PDF My Authors

Thread: I have been studying the India-China border areas for 3 years and have made about 20 videos. One thing I can say is that there are vast areas where no human goes at all & other areas rarely visited. LAC/border is just a line in the mountains. 1/n

In some of these areas it is likely that Indian soldiers cross over at some time and Chinese cross over at other times. Sometimes they meet and tell each other to move back and it is called "face off" or "difference in perception"

Shivshankar Menon stated in his book that with the increase in Indian border forces and patrolling the meeting between Chinese and Indian forces is happening more frequently. It is possible that wherever Chinese were getting a free pass, they are now being met by Indian forces.

It is my personal observation that unlike Indian border camps which often have green tents, the Chinese do not have small camps. They build roads and patrolling seems to be done more by vehicle than on foot. Roads end with a loop near the LAC or border so vehicles can do a U-turn

Rather than camps - the Chinese tendency from Arunachal border to Aksai Chin is to build structures. Near the border all these structures are protected by trenches and defensive positions as though anticipating an Indian attack.

It is not easy for anyone to maintain a huge army presence in mountains that are over 4500 meters high (15000 feet). It is cold and oxygen levels are low. Water boils at a lower temperature and flames are less intense so cooking of food is tedious
Above all humans are not normally adapted to living up that high, Acclimatization takes weeks and even after that time some young, fit men suffer high altitude sickness which is life-threatening, Forget old people.

Urgent treatment for high altitude sickness is evacuation to lower levels. For India the "lower levels" are available within 50 km. For the Chinese in Tibet there is no low level. "Low altitude" is 1000s of km away in the east and 100s of km away in the west (towards Xinjiang)

Tibet is barely self sufficient for food in supporting its population. If you push in 100,000 troops the food and fuel will also have to be shipped in. Whether it comes by road or rail - the distance to be shipped is around 2500 km

I have done videos on all this and more. Here is the playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=azQlfT…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles