What Should India Do If China Invades Taiwan Tomorrow?

saffronwarrior

Country flag
What should India do if China invades Taiwan Tomorrow? What should be our response
Given that:
> USA and the West has backstabbed both Kabul and Kyiv
> Apart from sanctions and sympathy, and few helmets and rocket launchers they have done nothing in the defence of Kyiv (Banning Russian cats from International Cat Federation was a heartless move by the way)
> Japan and Taiwan are now openly urging USA to clear what will they do if China invades Taiwan
> Taiwan is very important for the world because its a major supplier of Computer Chips, but so is China which is still the factory of the world.
> India still follows the One China Policy adherently

Abhijit Chawda's take on this issue:

He says:
> India will not help Taiwan militarily and cant do much diplomatically because we are a follower of OCP, the best we can send is "Humanitarian aid"
> India MUST immediately "SECURE" Sri Lanka and Nepal once China invades Taiwan

Blademaster

Nothing. India has no sphere of influence there. All India can do is evacuate its citizens from Taiwan and provide safe haven for the people of Taiwan.

It is pretty much between China and US. India will not provide any troops or materials to the US. The only material that India will provide is humanitarian aid.

QUAD is a joke. It is just mental masturbation. I do not know why we are wasting our time with QUAD. Is it done to make China angry? Ok fine with me as long as we don't waste any resources on it.

Vinash

Country flag
Prithvi 2 , 2000 in numbers
Hundreds of pralays
Many thousands of artillery
We will win bro.
I never said we can't.

All I'm saying is odds of China trying to invade us are higher than odds of China invading Taiwan.

Island operations aren't easy. And China won't risk a double whammy i.e Antagonizing West at this point + Carrying out a difficult Island invasion.

assassin162

Country flag
India has to take in Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka the very same day......
And increase some heat on the Chinese border so that our Amriki godfather cum owner cum maalik cum daddy approves of our actions and our newly acquired territories are quickly permanentised in global institutions and perceptions.

Hari Sud

Country flag
If China invades Taiwan and the US gets involved, it is unlikely to be easy and outright victory for China. The Taiwanese forces will put up big fight and US will move in for the rescue. That is the perfect time for India to grab Akash Chin plateau and cut off Sinkiang from Tibet. ……. Yes, India can do it. It will be a big payback for 1962. India has 1.4 million troops under arms all well trained. Chinese have 1.8 million conscript Army, all busy in the east facing Chinese misadventure in Taiwan…….. Wait for Chinese misadventure and india move into Akash Chin.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
If China does invade Taiwan, than I don't think so that the US will come to its help considering how US left Kabul and Kyiev. US is not a trustworthy ally and never comes in times of need as seen in history. Taiwan will Most Probably have to defend itself from the Brunt of the Chinese Military.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
If India dares; try and help Taiwan out a bit by moving to realign the border with China (I'm mainly talking about evicting them from Indian positions/lands they keep encroaching on over the years - nothing major). I absolutely don't recommend this unless there's a Trump type President in office.

If not, at the absolute minimum - take the opportunity to sort out Pakistan (including retaking PoJK and Eastern Sindh) and permanently clean up the internal 5th column.

maximus777

Country flag
If India dares; try and help Taiwan out a bit by moving to realign the border with China (I'm mainly talking about evicting them from Indian positions/lands they keep encroaching on over the years - nothing major). I absolutely don't recommend this unless there's a Trump type President in office.

If not, at the absolute minimum - take the opportunity to sort out Pakistan (including retaking PoJK and Eastern Sindh) and permanently clean up the internal 5th column.
The cynic in me says nothing of this sort will happen. Vishwaguru and his dhokla boys will be busy with some election or the other. No vision, no strategy. Even worse, dhokla boys are out of power in 2024 in which case a Momta or a RaGa led govt will sell the country, themselves and their moms over to CCP.

Blademaster

There is an old military adage/axiom. Only attack on your terms, i.e., the conditions must be favorable to you for you to attack. Never attack on someone else's timetable.

Amateurs think tactics, Professionals think logistics. For further explanation, take a look at how the Russian Army is faring in the current conflict right now.

If you want to attack, you have to make sure that your logistics are up to par or even exceeded what your projections require in order to accommodate any fuckup that will definitely occur during your attack operations. And also you need your logistics chain secured in order to withstand any counteroffensive operations conducted by your enemy. Plan for the worst & hope for the best.

Blademaster

What I am trying to say is that we do not know when China will attack Taiwan or under what conditions it will attack Taiwan so we cannot plan accordingly. We should only attack when we are ready and the conditions are favorable to us. So we shouldn't take Taiwan into the planning stage too much, i.e., don't rely on the Taiwan issue happening as to make the whole operation work. If you rely on Taiwan situation to pull off your plan, that's a recipe for disaster.

Global Defence

Articles