India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Country flag
Bhadra, the implications of a war with China are fairly big.
OK. so the LAC should be left unguarded and given to ITBP Mahila Battalion. Ladakh is a temporary duty station for ITBP for three months and after that be in Delhi in the name of Ladakh. Ladakh has been made such a joke by the agencies responsible to guard it.

The first and foremost is the status of Chinese companies operating in India especially in telecom sector. Second is of course reality that any conflict can spread across a large area and become out of control. Third is how world treats such conflict and who comes to India's aid.
How come that necessitates that the Security system in Ladakh should be lax. How does a Chinese company doing business effect LAC management?

I think ITBP managing a border in peacetime is hardly an issue. India has a defensive posture and it is natural that India will lose some land at least initially in any conflict.
If it is not an issue for you, then leave it Pal. We write about it. The GoI never asked and authorized anyone to gift land in Ladakh to the Chinese. Being Defensive means not giving one inch of land. If you do not know that it is futile to write on the issue.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I think this is a chicom ruse to buy time for their division from Hubei to acclimate.

Their commanders are probably swimming in troop vomit by now.
and worse, the lessons they have learnt now might lead to forward deployment of their troops for next round of poking which is not far away.

India might have to start monitoring the entire region to preempt their next poking. which would mean if ELINT picks up troop movements for acclimatisation we might have to mirror the same much earlier than the event actually happens.

which would mean dedicated satellites for Tibet alone.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
and worse, the lessons they have learnt now might lead to forward deployment of their troops for next round of poking which is not far away.

India might have to start monitoring the entire region to preempt their next poking. which would mean if ELINT picks up troop movements for acclimatisation we might have to mirror the same much earlier than the event actually happens.

which would mean dedicated satellites for Tibet alone.
Our RISAT and CARTOSAT constellations are growing and cost-optimized, as is the launch vehicle. It costs us nothing to throw more satellites over Tibet.

right wing

Country flag
What nitin mentions is how Indian soldiers used a different trail for patrolling till the fingers beyond 4 In order to avoid Chinese engagements
Really shows how innovative our men on the ground are whom many doubt.
So irrespective of Chinese camps and roads in the area,it was done last year and may be attempted this year also.

Bhadra

Country flag
Bhadra: I do not think a para military force can deal with PLA whether ITBP or any other.

China has become very aggressive in last 2-3 years. One can argue that India should have foreseen that and taken countermeasures. And I think India has taken countermeasures to the extent possible. India does not have political structure of China to take aggressive measures.

However India does have adequate reserve capacity to counter an aggression.
Please ... please. I am sick of explaining that in this forum..

ITBP or anyCAPF (five of those - CRPF, CISF, ITBP, BSF and SSB) is nowhere near being a Paramilitary Force. They are Armed Police Constabulary just like any state reserve police force - like PAC in UP or Kerala Armed Police.

Paramilitary means they being trained, employed and controlled by the military .

The only two Paramilitary Force in India are Assam Rifles and ICG.

Since your basics are not correct. any discussion on the subject will go wrong.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Please ... please. I am sick of explaining that in this forum..

ITBP or anyCAPF (five of those - CRPF, CISF, ITBP, BSF and SSB) is nowhere near being a Paramilitary Force. They are Armed Police Constabulary just like any state reserve police force - like PAC in UP or Kerala Armed Police.

Paramilitary means they being trained, employed and controlled by the military .

The only two Paramilitary Force in India are Assam Rifles and ICG.

Since your basics are not correct. any discussion on the subject will go wrong.
Bhadra sir, I wanted to ask you a question. If you were a PLA commander, which area would you consider strategically more important? Galwan and Gogra or Pangong Tso.

Bhadra

Country flag
Develop Andaman nicobar navy base and give limited access to US navy .

:rage: that should lit a fire under their ass.
Please do not come out with such fantastic and innovative ideas...
There is no dearth of US bases in that region....
And yes Chinese have been giving two hoots to the US for the last ten years...

ninja hattori

Country flag
off topic,

koi bataega, kargil war ki woman pilot ki biopic me jhanvi Kapoor ka kya kaam,

bas ye ladki duba na de itane ache topic ko:gangnam:

Mikesingh

Country flag
I feel sad for porkis.
Especially turds like Lal Topi who was going berserk with delight on Pak media saying that their Chinese masters have captured three fourths of Ladakh and the Indian Army is on the run!! 😂 In fact most Paki media thinks so! Now what of Lal Topi? Deep depression!

ninja hattori

Country flag
Karan Johar, Dharma productions you shouldn't be surprised. Releasing on Netflix that means it will be a low budget movie too.
Atleast series he bana dete,

badly needed in this era of pseudo feminism,

on the lines of Aarohan or Udaan that aired on DD national,

kuch nahi to inhi do ka remake bana ke Netflix pe daal do,

creativity ka the end hai OTT India ka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles