India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay99

Country flag
That's why you dont attack with a single Brahmos. You need to fire a salvo that will hit at the same time and brahmos has this capability. Modern defences make it difficult for a single missile to get through.
I would imagine IAF would have factored in all this possibilities without a proper ADS on our side... News is doing rounds that india has deployed SPYDER SAM ..this is the same SPYDER which shot down our own MI-17 in Kashmir during the last skirmish with pak in feb

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
View attachment 51315
Indian soldier's heartwarming appeal to boycott China goods

Amid LAC face-off between India and China in eastern Ladakh, people in India were appealing to boycott Chinese products to protest Chinese incursion. Now, a video of a soldier appealing to the countrymen to boycott the Chinese products and mobile apps is doing rounds on social media. In his heartwarming appeal, this soldier tells everyone that the Indian Army is performing its duty in tough situations and appeals that as citizen everyone should fulfill their duty by boycotting Chinese apps and products. Watch the video for more.

- i cried watching that video, it's heart melting..
watch the full video on the link

the soldier on the video, why doesn't he have bullet proof/ballistic vest on??? where is his helmet? or side arm? :notsure::notsure:

AmitG

Country flag
Just my gut feeling. I dont think the US will allow Pakistan to make it a 2 front war. Uncle sam cannot risk India being weakened. He needs the full might of India against the Chinese. Ofcourse he will demand his pound of flesh. But that cant be helped. Its really easy for the US to cut off Balochistan from Pakistan and that will be the end of the CPEC dream. Karachi is to congested to substitute Gawadar.

garg_bharat

Country flag
That's why you dont attack with a single Brahmos. You need to fire a salvo that will hit at the same time and brahmos has this capability. Modern defences make it difficult for a single missile to get through.
I think we guys over-simplify how weapons are used.
Brahmos is a very expensive missile and I fear it is reserved for a certain purpose.

China's air defence in Tibet/Ladakh area will not be as simple as just deploying S400. Mountains complicate air defence.

AmitG

Country flag
Brahmos is a very expensive missile and I fear it is reserved for a certain purpose.

China's air defence in Tibet/Ladakh area will not be as simple as just deploying S400. Mountains complicate air defence.
Well S-400 is a strategic weapon and Brahmos is ment for just such a purpose.

Mikesingh

Country flag
Attempt to grab land is directed at many objective but the main aims seems to be discredit Modi. The internal actors behavior is a testimony to that.

In the event of China not able to achieve its main objective, it would be futile to garb a few km at the risk of larger loses.
I agree! It's a geopolitical game to throw the Modi govt out and get the Cong in! There's a lot of secret goings on between the dynasty and the CCP! For example the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with China which would have been a complete and unmitigated disaster for India's economy but would have made the dynasty and the CCP laugh all the way to the bank at the expense of lesser souls like you and I. And they almost agreed to hand over Siachen to Pak at the behest of the Chinese!! Thank the Almighty and Gen JJ Singh who put his foot down. Otherwise, even the Karakoram Pass would have been with the Chinese today making DBO untenable!

There's no question of a localised Chinese confrontation in any big way anywhere in Ladakh or AP or even a land grab. It will be a disaster for them on all fronts.

> Their PLA troops are mostly inexperienced in mountain warfare.
> Most conscripts are spoilt kids from single child families who are more into the easy life and computer games! (As reported by many analysts and Western defence experts).
> 80% are conscripts for 4 years in the CCP's PLA and thus lack experience and will to endure.
> Need a combat ratio of at least 6:1 for the PLA to attempt to capture FDLs in mountainous terrain.
> Deployability and number of troops severely restricted for an offensive.
> Limited approaches for attack where the defenders fire power will be concentrated.
> Severe logistics problems as lines of communication can be fairly easily disrupted in mountainous terrain by air and arty.
> Enemy supporting an attack with arty/rocket fire on dug down defences and terrain config reduces effectiveness considerably.
> Assembly areas prior to an attack are considerably restricted in mountainous terrain and will be subjected to sustained arty fire as well as from air.
> They can muster upto about 30 divisions in all for an offensive all along the LAC in case of an all out war which is next to impossible due to the mountainous terrain. Time and space will not allow it. And logistics will be a nightmare. A no go situation. And the Chinese know it for sure!

In 1962 they succeeded because of surprise and a combat ratio of 1:10. And with zero acclimatization and .303 rifles as well as canvas PT shoes and just plain OG jerseys in temperatures below minus 10 at altitudes up to 18,000 ft, it sure was tough going for the IA. Added to this, we had a clueless commander of the force appointed by Nehru himself, Gen Kaul who knew squat about mountain warfare being from the ASC!! And to cap it all, Nehru refused employing the IAF which was a disaster of epic proportions.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I don't know, probably annex the whole of Ladakh? Us S400 to defend their ground assets when they make a push for it.
They only claim Aksai Hind which they have encroached. If they move any further it'll be a full scale war. That also means if we take care of S400, Chinese plan whatever it is will fail. 🤔

cereal killer

Country flag

Yep Brahmos is extremely expensive & can only be used to a limited extent. I'm sure we may be have cheaper substitutes for Brahmos that we can use freely but we may have kept it a secret. We should focus more on our Arty & ULH to counter Chinese MBRLs. Brahmos is a tactical weapon that cannot be thrown around randomly.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Just my gut feeling. I dont think the US will allow Pakistan to make it a 2 front war. Uncle sam cannot risk India being weakened. He needs the full might of India against the Chinese. Ofcourse he will demand his pound of flesh. But that cant be helped. Its really easy for the US to cut off Balochistan from Pakistan and that will be the end of the CPEC dream. Karachi is to congested to substitute Gawadar.
If Pakistan involves it'll lose PoK for sure. This also will reduce importance of Gosthana for Chinese.

AmitG

Country flag
I agree! It's a geopolitical game to throw the Modi govt out and get the Cong in! There's a lot of secret goings on between the dynasty and the CCP! For example the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with China which would have been a complete and unmitigated disaster for India's economy but would have made the dynasty and the CCP laugh all the way to the bank at the expense of lesser souls like you and I. And they almost agreed to hand over Siachen to Pak at the behest of the Chinese!! Thank the Almighty and Gen JJ Singh who put his foot down. Otherwise, even the Karakoram Pass would have been with the Chinese today making DBO untenable!

There's no question of a localised Chinese confrontation in any big way anywhere in Ladakh or AP or even a land grab. It will be a disaster for them on all fronts.

> Their PLA troops are mostly inexperienced in mountain warfare.
> 80% are conscripts for 4 years in the CCP's PLA and thus lack experience and will to endure.
> Need a combat ratio of at least 6:1 for the PLA to attempt to capture FDLs in mountainous terrain.
> Deployability and number of troops severely restricted for an offensive.
> Limited approaches for attack where the defenders fire power will be concentrated.
> Severe logistics problems as lines of communication can be fairly easily disrupted in mountainous terrain by air and arty.
> Enemy supporting an attack with arty/rocket fire on dug down defences and terrain config reduces effectiveness considerably.
> Assembly areas prior to an attack are considerably restricted in mountainous terrain and will be subjected to sustained arty fire as well as from air.
> They would need at least 30 divisions for an offensive all along the LAC in case of an all out war which is next to impossible due to the mountainous terrain. Time and space will not allow it. And logistics will be a nightmare. A no go situation. And the Chinese know it for sure!

In 1962 they succeeded because of surprise and a combat ratio of 1:10. And with zero acclimatization and .303 rifles as well as canvas PT shoes and just plain OG jerseys in temperatures below minus 10 at altitudes up to 18,000 ft, it sure was tough going for the IA. Added to this, we had a clueless commander of the force appointed by Nehru himself, Gen Kaul who knew squat about mountain warfare being from the ASC!! And to cap it all, Nehru refused employing the IAF which was a disaster of epic proportions.
It might not have anything to do with Modi. It has all to do with taking down India a couple of pegs and proving that the Chinkis are top dog. If they can take India down all the countries in Asia will fall in line aside from the ones under direct US protection. Even to them it will be a signal that the US cant protect them for long. But they have grossly miscalculated. This is turning into a huge geopolitical game with the US getting involved. I dont expect the US to get directly involved militarily but the support in various forms is going to be there. I seriously dont know what game the Russian's are playing.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yep Brahmos is extremely expensive & can only be used to a limited extent. I'm sure we may be have cheaper substitutes for Brahmos that we can use freely but we may have kept it a secret. We should focus more on our Arty & ULH to counter Chinese MBRLs. Brahmos is a tactical weapon that cannot be thrown around randomly.
If IAF's want to use a 10 crores bharmos it's the IAF's choice

AmitG

Country flag
Anyone knows what different radars have China procured in it's purchase of 2 regiments of S-400?
Not sure, but I think they have not sold them the 400 km 40N6E missile as the chinkis are not part of the MTCR. On the other hand It has been reported that the Indian S-400's will only have the 400 km 40N6E and the 250 km 48N6 missiles.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Anyone knows what different radars have China procured in it's purchase of 2 regiments of S-400?
The 91N6E panoramic radar has a declared anti-stealth targeting range of 150 km (93 mi)Maximum targeting ranges (detection ranges are wider) are:

• For a ballistic target (speed of 4800 m/s and a RCS of 0.4 square metres): 230 km
  • For a target with RCS of 4 square metres: 390 km
  • For targeting of strategic-bomber sized types: 570 km

96L6 high-altitude radar
The 96L6 high-altitude detector (TSBS) radar and equipment operates independently of the 96L6E low-level radar detector. The 96L6E2 export version can track a maximum of 100 targets, and is resistant to false returns of clutter in mountainous terrain. It can perform the functions of a command post for battalions of S-300 (SA20/20A/20B) or S-400. 96L6-1[47] of S-400 and S-500. It serves as the command post for the battalions.

• Command Center PBU 55K6E The maximum distance between the command center and the battalion of 98ZH6E with the use of re-transmitters is 100 km (62 mi).

92N6A radar for S-400
Missiled are launched from 5P85TE2 self-propelled launchers or 5P85SE2 trailer launchers operating in conjunction with a BAZ-64022 or MAZ-543M tractor-trailer. A new type of transporter was introduced in 2014 to improve mobility while reducing fuel consumption. The cost of transporters in 2014 is 8.7 million rubles.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
They only claim Aksai Hind which they have encroached. If they move any further it'll be a full scale war. That also means if we take care of S400, Chinese plan whatever it is will fail. 🤔
1000 salutes for calling AKSAI HIND instead of Aksai chin..

1593160418771.png

mods: can we ban people who calls aksai chin going foward? :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles