India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Strafing is not a good idea in this terrain. Your aircraft will get shot down. The only good option is artillery. However Chinese positions may be shielded from direct impacts. This is what seems to me.

Employment of aircraft in this situation is tricky if Chinese can see our aircraft from long distances. They do have anti aircraft missiles of long ranges.

I would avoid over-simplification. It is our military forces that will decide on strategies.
I am not going go indulge into operational tactics at this stage, but I liked @Bhadra ’s intent of taking on Chinese.

Anything that enters the war theater becomes both a challenge and a target. Without becoming a target you can not become a challenger especially when the technological edge is not there or is at parity.

Challenge and then enduring atrittrions not only force the adversity to change their tactics but also expose their weaknesses.

You want to keep everything safe then keep them in museums.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Some astrologers are saying this eclipse will be worse for India.
We will have even more bad relations with our neighbours and some are even saying galwan can be a big problem to India.

This is why I am saying no diplomatic talks china is just buying time.
We will have even more bad relations with our neighbours and some are even saying galwan can be a big problem to India.

You are wrong!!

In fact, if you believe in astrology and astrologers, across the spectrum, they are predicting doom for China and rise of India.

Don't know why people give out wrong info when there is none. It's ingrained insecurities and blatant childhood negativity.

Flint

dude. are we seriously talking astrology here?

panzerfeist1

Country flag
The Indian BMD or any one for the matter is not a magic wand. It is of no use against Chinese long range missiles. Don’t get carried away. Currently our BMD can handle only missiles of 2k range.
The only problematic issue is that the Chinese have asked for assistance from the Russians to build a BMD system and of course both China and India are S-400 customers which I assume have MRBM and IRBM capabilities. India atleast has ambition for trying to make a BMD system to deal with 5000km missiles interception capabilities as their next phase. But if India is desperate enough they can ask the Russian's like the Chinese for assistance. I sort of grasp the capabilities of multiple ICBMs being intercepted by a mobile system like the S-500 but I am rather more curious that if India did ask for assistance would they request a A-135 or A-235 BMD type system. Either way India is doing good but I would rather be careful as to how far the Russian's are assisting China's BMD systems because the next difficult targets to deal with after ICBMs are hypersonic glide weapons, ballistic type missiles with thrust vectoring, scramjets and last but not least still a concern and that is nuclear shells with hypersonic velocities and trust me the ranges I have heard for new howitzer shells are quite staggering.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire

I will kill that astrologer first. Our cities and states have been turned into wastelands many times before. Learn to fight, kill and die. There is nothing in between, there is no other science glorious than this.

AmitG

Country flag
What part of my post contradicts what you said ?

The PM just reminded China of the same through this Signalling so that they do not escalate.

And you think after two decades of R &D, expensive at that, with some of our best scientists, we can still only intercept till just 2k km, then I can only sigh at your ignorance.

Here is a hint. The ability of any BMD to intercept any BM is not dependent on range. Its actually the Terminal Re entry Velocity of the Warhead as its comes down.

Remember Mission Shakti? What was the velocity of the Satellite that was intercepted by the ASAT Missile ?
Roughly 7 km/sec ?

What is the Terminal re entry velocity of a typical ICBM ? Google it and you will have an answer about the ability of Indian BMD.
Exactly, the terminal velocity. Compare the difference between the terminal velocity of a true ICBM and a missile of 2 k range and you will get the reason why an ICBM is difficult to intercept. Stop being hyper jingoistic like the Pakis and saying our scientist this and that. Be practical , even the US and Russia haven’t been able to perfect ICBM interception inspite of years of research and Billions of dollars.It is a question of pure physics. Also India dosent have the capability yet to target missiles in the boost phase. You mentioned satellite interception. Satellite interception is relatively easy compared to an ICBM . And I wasn’t contradicting anything in the post aside from the part related to BMD.

ataru09

Country flag
Strategically, yes. Tactically, no.
Let me elaborate.

They will attack from ships first and wait for a counterattack on the ships. All the while trying to buy time for further re-inforcements in the LAC. It will also want to divert the attention of India and try to build an image of all powerful China in the eyes of the Indian public. This is the very reason I emphasise, let us beat them to the punch and sink some Chinese shipping in the IOR. Let us divert their attention first before they get the chance to harass us further. Let the Chinese pigfaced leadership understand that we take things lying down for decades, but when we rise up, we make sure that China falls flat on its face.
But targeting the mainland and their launch platforms can happen simultaneously... I still don't get you bhrata.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
But targeting the mainland and their launch platforms can happen simultaneously... I still don't get you bhrata.
Can happen in case we have a full scale war only. An event which occurs after a demarche is issued to the Ambassador of the enemy country that a State of War(Armed Military conflict) exists between the two states.
Anything short of that, we have to follow the escalation matrix else we risk kicking the escalation ladder after climbing it. There is no climb down when we escalate skipping rungs arbitrarily.

AmitG

Country flag
Chill guys . At the most it will be a short intense border war. Both sides have too much to loose in a full blown war. That could even lead to world war 3 and I am not being flippant.

ataru09

Country flag
Can happen in case we have a full scale war only. An event which occurs after a demarche is issued to the Ambassador of the enemy country that a State of War(Armed Military conflict) exists between the two states.
Anything short of that, we have to follow the escalation matrix else we risk kicking the escalation ladder after climbing it. There is no climb down when we escalate skipping rungs arbitrarily.
Targeting our mainland would have already raised the escalation matrix. Their mainland is an acceptable target at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles