India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think we should move beyond this. It is like the Balakot strike, getting stuck at figures is of little consequence.

As far as I am concerned, we lost 20 men, good men. But the Babuas exacted costs and then some.
And I guess you feel this could had been avoided if ITBP were more or say HM was more proactive on that area instead of being sleeping

IndiaRising

Country flag
What the chenes don’t understand is road to DBO will be made, whether they like it or not. DSDBO road is only one road to connect Indian troops from down south. An alternative road is being created from Western Ladakh as well, which provides adequate depth from LAC, thus being safe from chene interdiction and long range artillery.

Niks_12

Country flag
let’s stick to galwan for my enquiry, because that’s where the fatalities happened.

we also have to keep an eye on, if they will use these tactics of using fatal weapons again. fatal meaning nail studded clubs and so on.
The rules of engagement have changed, it’s no more clubs and sticks, at first sign of trouble, straight shooting match. I feel that was aptly required and would be some kind of deterrence to these low level mischiefs. The Chicoms were using the tactic with impunity and avoiding further escalation even after grievously injuring our soldiers.

It was like people care less about street fights, no bullet fired for xxx years is what matters. Sab changa si.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
But we really don't have a Desi alternative to spike LR..I mean none of the Asian forces have.
We would require a very large numbers of those,,,,
DRDO ? What a betrayal...
we have desi alternative called man portable nag missile "MPATGM". as per sources, since last year drdo is on user trails and drdo promised to deliver the missile around 2021. we are buying these spikes for time being. i have no doubt on capability to deliever tank killer of this caliber. NAG is already tested from various launcers suchs as NAMICA, dhruv etc

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
The rules of engagement have changed, it’s no more clubs and sticks, at first sign of trouble, straight shooting match. I feel that was aptly required and would be some kind of deterrence to these low level mischiefs. The Chicoms were using the tactic with impunity and avoiding further escalation even after grievously injuring our soldiers.

It was like people care less about street fights, no bullet fired for xxx years is what matters. Sab changa si.
rules of engagement changed for IA, we don't if the same clearance has been given to ITBP.
Difference between galwan incident & before is that they were PLA used these tactics against ITBP too, there were no fatalities but they did use them. first time in decades PLA pissed off IA and got a brutal response.

so PLA will have different approach to ITBP & IA, we will have to see.

Niks_12

Country flag
rules of engagement changed for IA, we don't if the same clearance has been given to ITBP.
Difference between galwan incident & before is that they were PLA used these tactics against ITBP too, there were no fatalities but they did use them. first time in decades PLA pissed off IA and got a brutal response.

so PLA will have different approach to ITBP & IA, we will have to see.
I think IA has taken operational control of all the flash points. ITBP is no longer alone. What happens in future IF there is a de-escalation is anybody’s guess.

daya

Country flag
Bhai tere Mun mein ghee, shakkar, pede, laddoos and whatever sweets you like. :)
Shall we be able to retain these acquisitions? This is million dollar question. We already had it in 1965, but did not retain..

daya

Country flag
One question that is bothering me since the Babu point incident.

How come PLA decided to stick to old agreements of not using firearms, but at the same time decided to use fatal weapons? why the compulsion on their part? they are world renowned for breaking the rules, but why did they decide to stick to this old agreement?
What is the difference between an attack carried out using a firearm or a stone? Nothing. Both are lethal, equally. The difference is only portability and range. A stone can take a precious life away so can the firearms.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
What is the difference between an attack carried out using a firearm or a stone? Nothing. Both are lethal, equally. The difference is only portability and range. A stone can take a precious life away so can the firearms.
difference is agreement between the two countries.
which is my original point a few posts back.

Proxy1234

Country flag
So it was because of Phase 2 that Indian side went to attack that the Chinese were referring to "indisciplined forces" and MEA was talking of de-escalation....
And now India is debriefing friendly countries so as not to be painted as aggressor

ataru09

Country flag
While they are both equally lethal. A firearm can kill 100 as easily as it can kill 1. A stone can't do that. That's the difference and the reason why firearms would count as an escalation.

Chinese used sticks and stones in an attempt to bully us without exceeding the limits of current agreements. Why did they not use firearms themselves and instead used clubs? Probably wanted one of two things to happen:

1. Indians would suck it up and be intimidated from future interactions. They get to keep their post at pp 14. Current ROE still maintained. Reused by them as and when necessary. Win for them.

2. Indians would open fire with their guns. Chinese blames India, giving them excuse to open the front. Maybe allowing them to secure additional areas. Win for them.

What they didn't count on was Biharis returning and cracking some necks and chopping some hands/legs.

Bhadra

Country flag
we have desi alternative called man portable nag missile "MPATGM". as per sources, since last year drdo is on user trails and drdo promised to deliver the missile around 2021. we are buying these spikes for time being. i have no doubt on capability to deliever tank killer of this caliber. NAG is already tested from various launcers suchs as NAMICA, dhruv etc

We can bet on it if the misile would be inducted in 2021? DRO is inducting it since 2018... but if they induct it their project will be complete and they will not make extra mal ... so they will never complete it...

Pakistan seems to be funding them not to complete it,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles