India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks_12

Country flag
And that is 1 reason why India isn’t exposing them either. If we do and it seriously causes loss of face for the Chicoms, there is no backing down (because it’s an existential threat for people heading CCP and they will do whatever they can to regain their pride). The calculation from GOI in all of these is that there is still a chance for de-escalation (hence statements such as we don’t want war par we are ready etc.) Even today’s statement by IAF Chief was in similar lines. It’s just to keep the option of de-escalation open.

Hellfire

Country flag
Unlike you or I, General Singh is an Union Minister so he would be privy to more information than us.
True.

I shall keep quiet beyond this point. A point always comes beyond which it is best to be mum, mine has come.

Anyways, I have posted a reply to Coldhearted Aviator on how the estimates have been made. Do go through it. If you find some sense in it, then you may perhaps understand what he is saying and what I am saying, are slightly different in the way it is said yet same.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Accepting losses and seeming weak is not something commie ideology will permit. It’s all about looking perfect and strong. That’s why they spend so much effort in coloring their skies extra blue, their land extra green in official photos.

XI is already fighting off rivals baying for his blood and wants to look immortal - the perfect strong leader. Setbacks aren’t acceptable. What do you think will happen if an actual defeat comes out.

Again that’s why loss of face is so important for them. Losses gaye bhand mein, they will repeat this again and again just to look strong and save their loss of face/pride.
was just about to post on the same thing...

One thing india can do and CCP can't, is accepting India took a beating if it happens and CCP cannot afford to it.
It's upto security establishment to use this to our benefit.

Hellfire

Country flag
Isnt that related to the neck snapping and spine breaking count by Ghatak in which they say 19 or 18 were killed in the initial assault of 60 indian ghataks and the rest were killed in the second assault?

Sir.

Phase 1 had CO walk up. The team was attacked and we know what happened. As you are aware, the terrain there as also the relatively uphill location of the Chinese allowed them an upper hand. We came off worse in it.

In Phase 2, reinforced Indian contingent reached to take on reinforcing PLA at the point. This is where the Biharis and the associated troops exacted a tremendous toll.

There was a gap between the two. It was not as if two waves came at the same time. That resulted in decimation of the Chinese position, which is now coming into the public domain openly.

EDIT: This was night, and the terrain altitude mixture. Times are longer.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
One question that is bothering me since the Babu point incident.

How come PLA decided to stick to old agreements of not using firearms, but at the same time decided to use fatal weapons? why the compulsion on their part? they are world renowned for breaking the rules, but why did they decide to stick to this old agreement?

Flint

How come PLA decided to stick to old agreements of not using firearms, but at the same time decided to use fatal weapons? why the compulsion on their part? they are world renowned for breaking the rules, but why did they decide to stick to this old agreement?
probably didn't want to escalate the situation into a shooting war.

Hellfire

Country flag

That is why have been repeating DHOLA REDUX. Instigation.

They are trying to make us fire the first shot at them this time.

IndiaRising

Country flag
In Rafale thread there is news that IAF as asked for additional Rafales 36+8 + 36 total 80 by 2026
that was always going to happen and is required to keep edge over both pakis and cheenis, but we also need to look at developing quantitative edge over enemies

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sir.

Phase 1 had CO walk up. The team was attacked and we know what happened. As you are aware, the terrain there as also the relatively uphill location of the Chinese allowed them an upper hand. We came off worse in it.

In Phase 2, reinforced Indian contingent reached to take on reinforcing PLA at the point. This is where the Biharis and the associated troops exacted a tremendous toll.

There was a gap between the two. It was not as if two waves came at the same time. That resulted in decimation of the Chinese position, which is now coming into the public domain openly.
Sir,

Phase 1-3 indians killed?

Phase 2- Indians killed 19 PLA?I dont know how many Indians killed?

Phase 3-How many killed both sides?

Sehwag213

Country flag

They miscalculated us. They thought we would take a beating and fold up. But this didn't happen. It was a way of intimidating us.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sir.

So the hopeless question arises will this scenario of second wave is what making India go for the words like de escalation as it feels China will try to get even at her time and choice of place

Your view on it
I know you have said AP is hot and no media is covering

Gandaberunda

Country flag

Because they under estimated our fight back! They ambushed our troops with primitive weapons and were reinforcing to hold on salami slicing but Ghathaks and Avengers came out of syllabus and reigned terror on them.
Salami slicing gone wrong! They messed up badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles