India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.J.K

Country flag
What a sacrilege...

There are five agreements signed between India and China on border management due to which Army has been virtually pulled back from LAC and ITBP deployed in the name of demilitarization of LAC.

ITBP on LAC is not under command Army.

Under such circumstances this man is saying Army should have gone across Shyok River and taken positions on LAC thereby virtually nullifying the BPTA regime and probably triggering a conflict when the road was only in the minds of the planners thereby killing it in the womb.

To upgarde the raod was decision of CSG under MHA and stakeholders are MEA. MHA, MOD. IB and R&AW. ITBP is their agency on LAC. So why did not they deploy ITBP at PP14. PP15, PP17 and all heights overlooking Shyok River.

Some people are so naive as to blame the Army for nothing inspite of their tall claims to being experst and think tank.

Ok. nothing lost even now- at least deploy ITBP as far forward and on all heights overlooking Shyok. Why are they sitting cosy in their camps. Because Army is a perennial escape goat for abject civilian negligence and lack of understanding.

Burrrh.....
Sir Bharat karnad is a proven idiot of highest oder .Coming from Swarajyamag is not expected!

Hellfire

Country flag
If I remember correct you suggested their number could be 2 i.e., 1:10 ratio.
You still hold on to that?
Actual immediate I was given 3. There were grevious injuries. But one thing was very sure, we did take a hit initially.

I also don't understand why this calibration of information being released? Gen VK Singh seemed straight forward enough. Or, is that calibrated too?
In order to prevent inflammation of passions. Hot heads make a bad mix for tense situations.

Also, the GoI is on a backfoot. Irrespective of what they may claim. And they have very few clean choices ......

My Opinion: They need to remove one of the two enemies. There is no other way. We can not maintain status quo without suffering ourselves.

TheMayank

Country flag
This seems a very very ungraceful discriminatory to me. Why should not be given equal consolation to all the families? After all, be a colonel or a sepoy, he is entire world for his family. Every life is equal, ranks may not.
The other 19 soliders belong to other states and those states will donate. Telangana is giving 10 lakhs to 19 soliders even though they do not belong to Telangana.

M.J.K

Country flag
This seems a very very ungraceful discriminatory to me. Why should not be given equal consolation to all the families? After all, be a colonel or a sepoy, he is entire world for his family. Every life is equal, ranks may not.
As i understand He was the only one from telangana so they gave more to him like most other states

indiatester

Country flag
He has already mentioned around 30.
The overall casualty figures are lower than ours. But it is obvious since they held the upper ground and our troops were at a lower ground.
Thats what I remember. Not sure where got that 1:10 ratio from... may be I am mistaken, but I thought he hinted at it?

Desi Aam

Country flag
What language the tweet was in? 😜
And what type of Indians are reading it?
AFAIK tweeter also has Hindi option.

Tell the person who you are defending to carry a clarification along with the tweet. ( Can be the same you posted here)
Why should army be left behind when PMO/MEA has to give out clarification after PM statement.
Or the tweet can carry a statutory warning ' not for anglicized Indian'😊
Not defending anyone...(dont even know the fella who tweeted)...just stating the way it is...:)
PMO/MEA...??...Have no idea what you mean...just mentioned that they are no longer called 'Batmen'...!!
The tweeter perhaps should have...but you need to take that up with him/her....😉

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
The other 19 soliders belong to other states and those states will donate. Telangana is giving 10 lakhs to 19 soliders even though they do not belong to Telangana.
i think daya, is right, they didn't died for telegana or punjab. they died for india as whole. you cannot discriminate soldiers who died for nations. his sacrifice is not any less just becoz he doesnt belong to particular state.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Bit Offtopic... some fireworks are happening these days in Pakistan by Sindhudesh Revolutionary Army.
Their twitter handle is taking responsibility of recent attacks. :shoot: :lol:

More info below so thread is not derailed.

#Sindhudesh

1592675769185.png

indiatester

Country flag
Actual immediate I was given 3. There were grevious injuries. But one thing was very sure, we did take a hit initially.

In order to prevent inflammation of passions. Hot heads make a bad mix for tense situations.

Also, the GoI is on a backfoot. Irrespective of what they may claim. And they have very few clean choices ......

My Opinion: They need to remove one of the two enemies. There is no other way. We can not maintain status quo without suffering ourselves.
IMHO, they are working in tandem. May be China is helping out paki land or may be its part of their larger gameplan.
As you said, we can't take them on both... (even one is a tough) without direct help from big powers.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Because 43 is overoptimistic estimate. Without debrief, a figure was put out. Do you want me to start citing instances when we have officially trumped up figures?

And US intelligence 'sources'
We are dealing with enemies who have secretive regimes and don't even disclose their dead. Why not use their secrecy against them??
If Chinese want to prove less are dead they can open up their nation and free their press.
And if USA is more than willing to play along then what's the harm ? Aren't Chinese Pakistani doing even worse against us ?

Chinese are singnaling as though they have 0 deaths and we must be accurate with our estimate of their death why? I don't see any necessity for that .

Just head through pages here. 'Chinese can not fight', 'Chinese Quality' etc. That is the general refrain ... here and offline. Reinforced day in and day out. With the experts having not set a foot on ground or dealt with Chinese along LAC.
That is typical Making fun of Chinese . Why take it literally. It's a fact that Chinese avoid fighting they haven't moved on taiwan despite all their build up.
So we have some fun around it. Big deal.

Also Chinese quality is a real question that I myself have raised. And I have done it based on facts.
If j10 uses the same engine as su30 which we know have lots of issue than its logical that single engine j10 has very less availability.
If 15 j15 have crashed out of 60 build then it's logical that bird is a failed design.
If bankrupt Pakistani are looking to buy European avionics over Chinese for jf17 then it's logical to conclude Chinese avionics is not upto mark.
If Pakistan is buying more and more Saab awe&cs despite operating Chinese full awacs then it's logical that Chinese awacs is also inferior.
None of their equipment faces Western competition before induction.

I'm willing to take that back when I see evidence of it. So far no one has provided that evidence.

What was there that was 'positive' sir? We lost men, to sheer stupidity of our leadership. Please do find me the positivity in that. I shall be glad.
We lost men because we chose to fight this time . It's extremely positive that we are willing to fight Chinese
And not letting them walk without fight. That we have accepted the enemy and came on top.

If you are questioning no firearm policy that policy stood intact for decades and saved live any rational govt will stick to it unless it's broked abruptly just like now and now it's gone and so is peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles