India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerokan

Country flag
Indeed - once Modi admitted "NONE of our territory is occupied", he sort of publicly admit that Aksai Chin is NO more India's territory, which had been in conflict w/ traditional India's claim ever since (independence). That;s my interpretation, though NOT necessarily the original intention of China.

If from above angle, we may say Modi fall into the trap. But is it so?

Every history lovers will tell you, which peak in the history you pick, to look at what/how been done by a leader, could change how success you define they were. So, below is one of my theory:

What if: ever since the beginning, Modi want to use this to solve the history-dilemma and heritage from ever since Ghandi/Nehru? That is: he saw the current situation is (either the best or) the ultimate solution for this boundary dispute between India and China. If this dispute can be resolved, perhaps in ~20 years Modi will surely be scorned for loosing land. But compared to the potential benefit of an permanent-poisonus argument been resolved w/ China? Think of this way - if the dispute is resolved, and (though a big if) China stick to its treaty-finalized border, how much resource India can focus on internal (economy, environment, society) and external (Pakistan comes to mind)?

So, do we have this faith that Modi is betting his personal political benefit fora permanent solution, which may benefit next few generations of India? Or, we do NOT believe he is such strategic planner (& sacrificer)?

Thank you for putting it clearly. @Sridhar_TN try reading this first para so that you understand what i am trying to get you to understand.

@FactsPlease Even if he risks it like he did just now.. we can't really trust China to upload their end of the bargain.. case in point Hongkong. Also moments after Modi admitted.. China extended their claim. That's the main problem. Even if he sacrifices his political career for the sake of future.. other party is not reliable enough to uphold the bargain.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Thank you for putting it clearly. @Sridhar_TN try reading this first para so that you understand what i am trying to get you to understand.

@FactsPlease Even if he risks it like he did just now.. we can't really trust China to upload their end of the bargain.. case in point Hongkong. Also moments after Modi admitted.. China extended their claim. That's the main problem. Even if he sacrifices his political career for the sake of future.. other party is not reliable enough to uphold the bargain.
No. That is not what you have trying to “get” me to understand. You kept saying that The chinks occupied our territory in Galwan valley and what not without proof. Now when I’m giving you proof to the contrary you’ve fallen back to another argument some other people are making about modi’s speech and how it reflects the whole region of Aksai chin.

Do you expect modi to say that the chinks are in our territory and whip up war hysteria now? Is that what you want? When it clearly shows that the chinks are on the other side of the LAC. Yea,Aksai chin is part of India. But to say with this background in context of what is going on Now, and to say that the chinks are in Indian territory would mean the country would have to go for war‘now’. Can we do that?
That’s a trap that we want to fall in now? With covid fucking up the country. The chinks times this perfectly. Sneaky bastards. In addition to that, they have honey potted oli to being a dick now. They are using Indian money grants and Indian supplied weapons to poke at us now at the Nepal border..

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag
No. That is not what you have trying to “get” me to understand. You kept saying that The chinks occupied our territory in Galwan valley and what not without proof. Now when I’m giving you proof to the contrary you’ve fallen back to another argument some other people are making about modi’s speech and how it reflects the whole region of Aksai chin.
Go back and read again. Don't put your prejudices in my mouth. I am already aware of the data you presented. I am only asking you to try to understand the significance of what Modi did in his speech. There is only one possibility where i can be wrong in this discussion i.e if the galwan valley is not claimed by India as part of our LAC/border.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Go back and read again. Don't put your prejudices in my mouth. I am already aware of the data you presented. I am only asking you to try to understand the significance of what Modi did in his speech. There is only one possibility where i can be wrong in this discussion i.e if the galwan valley is not claimed by India as part of our LAC/border.
YOU Read my post again. I updated it.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag

Tuco

Country flag
Instead of Chinese mobile brands, they should attract Indian brands for sponsorship such as Micromax, Lava , Reliance etc...
Reliance has deep pockets they can easily become one plus rivals, not sure what there game plan is?

aerokan

Country flag

Do you expect modi to say that the chinks are in our territory and whip up war hysteria now? Is that what you want? When it clearly shows that the chinks are on the other side of the LAC. Yea,Aksai chin is part of India. But to say with this background in context of what is going on Now, and to say that the chinks are in Indian territory would mean the country would have to go for war‘now’. Can we do that?
That’s a trap that we want to fall in now? With covid fucking up the country. The chinks times this perfectly. Sneaky bastards. In addition to that, they have honey potted oli to being a dick now. They are using Indian money grants and Indian supplied weapons to poke at us now at the Nepal border..

He didn't have to say anything. He could have simply said nothing about chinks not intruding. Just the standard modi line is good enough that we will not forget and blah blah.

This is the perfect time for the war to happen for India. When will you ever get another chance where the entire world opinion is fully against China and when will be the next time entire world is looking for revenge against China and wish somebody take up the mantle?
Also they made the first move which gives us the perfect excuse to fight back which could be a huge PR win.

Yes.. we can go to war now. I am aware that it's a trap. And we have to take it. We won't get this perfect opportunity again. If we can't take on China when it is number 2, should we wait till it becomes number 1 and fight?

Ab nahi to kab?

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
He didn't have to say anything. He could have simply said nothing about chinks not intruding. Just the standard modi line is good enough that we will not forget and blah blah.

There is no perfect time for the war to happen for India. When will you ever get another chance where the entire world opinion is fully against China and when will be the next time entire world is looking for revenge against China and wish somebody take up the mantle?
Also they made the first move which gives us the perfect excuse to fight back which could be a huge PR win.

Yes.. we can go to war now. I am aware that it's a trap. And we have to take it. We won't get this perfect opportunity again. If we can't take on China when it is number 2, should we wait till it becomes number 1 and fight?

Ab nahi to kab?
Oh ok, so we take on the chinks, then the pakis are surely going to jump in. That’s good.
Then I’m sure the Nepalese will do something now at the border when olis balls are tickled again by that Chinese dimplomat. Let’s see...we also have covid to deal with.
And surely the world is not going to intervene when war does break out. Do you think anyone will employ kinetic force against the chinks at this moment? No. That would be delusional.

We can take care of all this right...

garg_bharat

Country flag
I was like everyone deeply disappointed with Modi's "capitulation" in today's speech, i was expecting him to come all guns blazing. I was utterly shocked when he said that "none entered Indian territory in past present as well as none took our post". so lets delve on this statement, he effectively and publicly acknowledged that we were the aggressors and our men went in destroyed their tent and "killed and got killed" . Is this the first time a leader of any country has openly challenged the chinkies?yes we did it "Ghar me gus kar marenge" , now what are you going to do about it? Modi is challenging Xi, how will this be viewed by the Chinese? A bunch a brown assholes entered our land and caused damage and we are merely asking Indians to reign in their Army.
To my mind Modi is brazen and is backing his men ( in the latter part of the speech) now the ball is in Chinese court, He is saying we will continue to build infrastructure and we wait for your reaction.
Although some of you may think he has compromised on Aksai Chin but that battle for a latter day, he can easily change his statement about G&B and Aksai Chin.
This my first post so please no personal attacks.
You get it wrong. When Modi says that no post is attacked, he is right. Our boys did not go for attack but for verification of a verbal agreement that Chinese have pulled back. This small party was ambushed by the Chinese.

Modi is preparing ground for de-escalation as per MEA's advice. The statements are to soothe China's nerves rather than convey anything meaningful to domestic audience. However I think this Indian OVER-ANALYSIS tendency is creating havoc again.

Nothing to see here. Go back to sleep.

Sudarshana

Country flag
You get it wrong. When Modi says that no post is attacked, he is right. Our boys did not go for attack but for verification of a verbal agreement that Chinese have pulled back. This small party was ambushed by the Chinese.

Modi is preparing ground for de-escalation as per MEA's advice. The statements are to soothe China's nerves rather than convey anything meaningful to domestic audience. However I think this Indian OVER-ANALYSIS tendency is creating havoc again.

Nothing to see here. Go back to sleep.
Ok lets assume that his speech was placatory signaling for reconciliation alright! But would the Chinese accept de-facto LOC at P-4 and somewhere in Galwan valley? At P-4 only 500 mts separates the two armies now (per Shiv Aroor) , we just built a bridge in Galwan. Now what? Is this going to lead us to lasting peace, Is Modi stupid to think that this where it ends?

aerokan

Country flag
Oh ok, so we take on the chinks, then the pakis are surely going to jump in. That’s good.
Then I’m sure the Nepalese will do something now at the border when olis balls are tickled again by that Chinese dimplomat. Let’s see...we also have covid to deal with.
And surely the world is not going to intervene when war does break out. Do you think anyone will employ kinetic force against the chinks at this moment? No. That would be delusional.

The world is counting on it to happen if you haven't looked at the public sentiment. Even Trump was silent on twitter. That should tell you a lot.

Since when we are afraid of Nepal or Pakistan? I thought this is not MMS govt. Amit Shah or Rajnath Singh will not be able to say a single thing again if we don't go to war now. What happened to our Army generals and defence ministers words that our forces are capable of two front war? Do you doubt them or their capability?

We will be a laughing stock at best if we don't go to war now.

garg_bharat

Country flag

Well I am surprised how well things are going for India. If you read my posts, I have been saying same that India stands alone.

But surprise; US have made a strong statement in the last 12 hours in favour of India.

Akula

Country flag
Has anyone any idea which area we lost to China due to "Salami Slicing"?

fyodor

Country flag
Guys, it's time to realize Modi is encircled with sycophants and his Baniya Buddhi is unable to think that nothing comes above national integrity and political wins. This was clear on 27th February 2019 when Pakistan tried to attack Indian Army HQ inside India and Modi did nothing because his victory was sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles