India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
Has the wion article been posted here about limits of chinese in lac ??

This one

It says we have outflanked the chinkies and found new route from fingure 4 to 8 and Fortified it. Now chinkies are in precarious position.
I read this earlier today and while I want to believe it, I simply don’t know if it’s true. If someone like Nitin Gokhale repeats the same, I’ll be more than willing to believe. For now, I see this story as an outlier.

Indrajit

Country flag

Bhadra

Country flag
remember it as Kumaon, It was on India today ajai Shukla, Rohit vats & Maj Gen Ata hassnain were there along with Nitin Gokhale. Don’t remember the date.
The measures taken by that KUMAON battalion seems to have been plugged by the Chinese. However, in such mountains, ample space exists to outflank and infiltrate to get behind enemy posts...In fact that is taught as normal part of tactics for mountains.. place any hill people battalion there or Ladakh Scouts and they would surround the Chinese easily... That is not the issue.

The largest question is who will break down and fire the first bullet?

Indian Army must be doing something or the other and can not be quite even if it amounts to occupying nontactical areas. After all IA is occupying hundreds of nontactical posts on LOC.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
The measures taken by that KUMAON battalion seems to have been plugged by the Chinese. However, in such mountains, ample space exists to outflank and infiltrate to get behind enemy posts...In fact that is taught as normal part of tactics for mountains.. place any hill people battalion there or Ladakh Scouts and they would surround the Chinese easily... That is not the issue.

The largest question is who will break down and fire the first bullet?

Indian Army must be doing something or the other and can not be quite even if it amounts to occupying nontactical areas. After all IA is occupying hundreds of nontactical posts on LOC.
Yup, there must be a reason, limited info was released. News is only that they went to F7 from upper reaches, and no news on what happened after that. it could well be that they did their recce and came back.

there is one more image floating around of the pangong tso with a larger area snow clad at the top, unlike the cropped images(with fingers) being used for discussions. if anyone finds it post it here... it will give more clarity...

Bhadra

Country flag
Yesterday The CAOS had made a simple statement about the situation on LAC. He did not say anything alarming but only said the situation is under control.
Why is Sudhir Ranjan Chaudhary questioning that statement and asking explanations from The COAS..

The DNA dies hard, It is the same party who got jittery on a single jovial statement made Sam Manekshaw after 71 War. After retirement Congress and here I dare say bureaucrats even stopped his pension...

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Yesterday The CAOS had made a simple statement about the situation on LAC. He did not say anything alarming but only said the situation is under control.
Why is Sudhir Ranjan Chaudhary questioning that statement and asking explanations from The COAS..

The DNA dies hard, It is the same party who got jittery on a single jovial statement made Sam Manekshaw after 71 War. After retirement Congress and here I dare say bureaucrats even stopped his pension...
Civilian administration have every right to ask for what is happening on the borders BJP did that in past when bakis were chopping heads of our soldier's on border now congress is doing that on indo-china issue.
Manekshaw was honored and respected but he crossed the line in one interview.

Mikesingh

Country flag
They must be referring to the Kumaon regiment boys found a route at the heights and went straight to F7. This happened in Oct last year.

this was brought out by Nitin Gokhale last week.
This and our uninterrupted and uninterruptible road building activities to DBO along the LAC has pissed off the Chinese! This threatens their illegal occupation of the Karakoram Pass, 10km from DBO, thence on to the Shaksgam, Raskam and Aghil valleys (Illegally gifted by Pak to the Chinese in 1963) and further threatens their $70 billion CPEC project in G/B.

Then of course is Mota Bhai's assertion that Aksai Chin is part of the UT of Ladakh. He seems to have killed many Chinese birds with one Indian stone! :cool3:

abhay rajput

Country flag
Conclusion is that Chinese are at F4 and indian forced are at F4. Both sides fortifying there positions. Before the start of this standoff they were at f5 in temporary camp but it turns out they can make permanent camp at f4 which they are doing it right now. We lost the area of control over f4 to f5. To recover f4 we need to go to war or make Chinese move from f4. Which is not possible. Effectively we lost 1 finger area permanently. Chinese are using there brains . Without firing the bullets they have overtaken a very small area . Overtime it will become big area that's exactly what they have been doing over the past 70 years. To face Chinese we need to end democracy in India. Democracy can't work in 1.3 billion peoples. It's very chaotic with many different political parties. To defeat evil you need to become evil. Because this will happen again and again. This salami slicing have been happening since our independence. . I had high hopes from this govt. But still they lost a small area compared to Congress in 2012/2013.

right wing

Country flag
Conclusion is that Chinese are at F4 and indian forced are at F4. Both sides fortifying there positions. Before the start of this standoff they were at f5 in temporary camp but it turns out they can make permanent camp at f4 which they are doing it right now. We lost the area of control over f4 to f5. To recover f4 we need to go to war or make Chinese move from f4. Which is not possible. Effectively we lost 1 finger area permanently. Chinese are using there brains . Without firing the bullets they have overtaken a very small area . Overtime it will become big area that's exactly what they have been doing over the past 70 years. To face Chinese we need to end democracy in India. Democracy can't work in 1.3 billion peoples. It's very chaotic with many different political parties. To defeat evil you need to become evil. Because this will happen again and again. This salami slicing have been happening since our independence. . I had high hopes from this govt. But still they lost a small area compared to Congress in 2012/2013.
No fortification or anything as such seen in the small tents noted in between f4 and f5 ..as per satellites.
So your point of lost territory doesn't hold

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
This and our uninterrupted and uninterruptible road building activities to DBO along the LAC has pissed off the Chinese! This threatens their illegal occupation of the Karakoram Pass, 10km from DBO, thence on to the Shaksgam, Raskam and Aghil valleys (Illegally gifted by Pak to the Chinese in 1963) and further threatens their $70 billion CPEC project in G/B.

Then of course is Mota Bhai's assertion that Aksai Chin is part of the UT of Ladakh. He seems to have killed many Chinese birds with one Indian stone! :cool3:
it’s time our chaps learn and use the CCP MO back at them, talk something do something else all together.

Whatever be the case, indian diplomacy will need a good win after this episode is over. Might as well they start preparing for it now it self. Saying so because India “experts” will crawl out of woodwork and start on a fault finding spree on India to justify their jobs in Washington & Singapore.

abhay rajput

Country flag
No fortification or anything as such seen in the small tents noted in between f4 and f5 ..as per satellites.
So your point of lost territory doesn't hold
No there Soldier are right at F4 where they are digging in making bunkers . It's up to you believe it or not but I had a very good conversation with my old man about what's happening at LAC. This is the only place where they have occupied territory . The rest all were diversions aka intrusions.

right wing

Country flag
No there Soldier are right at F4 where they are digging in making bunkers . It's up to you believe it or not but I had a very good conversation with my old man about what's happening at LAC. This is the only place where they have occupied territory . The rest all were diversions aka intrusions.
I will only believe satellite imagery.
Btw they always had a base at F5 and a road till F4.
So technically we had lost the area way back.
And digging is not making bunkers.

abhay rajput

Country flag
I will only believe satellite imagery.
Btw they always had a base at F5 and a road till F4.
So technically we had lost the area way back.
And digging is not making bunkers.
Ofcourse ofcourse ... But they were at f5 now they are at F4 that's 2-3 km . And making roads doesn't means we lost territory but putting Soldiers permanently means losing territory. That's exactly what they have done. They couldn't make permanent base at f5. It was always temporary but they can do at F4. And that's exactly they are doing now. Yeah Digging is not making bunkers , they are doing it for fun

kaaleshwaar

Country flag
Civilian administration have every right to ask for what is happening on the borders BJP did that in past when bakis were chopping heads of our soldier's on border now congress is doing that on indo-china issue.
Manekshaw was honored and respected but he crossed the line in one interview.
What did Menekshaw say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles