India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
hit&run, you cannot change a society overnight.

The aggression that you want to see can come only from a revolution in a country like India.

For now, I prefer treating Nepal as a kid brother gone astray.
Society has nothing to do with security outlook and aspirations. Leaders lead people follow.

Revolutions make people more weak and vulnerable.

If may argue one of your another assertion where you attributed internal dynamics and circumstances affecting military response and war making.

Though I have addressed this popular fallacy couple of times, I will reiterate again that it is the nativity of gullible who ingests readymade media narratives and scripted excuses of dispensation which some times take cover behind these reasons to justify inactions.

In realty war making and military responses are independent of internal socio-political dynamics. They do wait for external geo political alignments sometimes but saying due of internal situation a war imposed of preempted can not be sustained is very ordinary wisdom.

Bhadra

Country flag
LOL!

Develop cold feet when asked if we can punish Pakistan after 26/11.
Because only feet were there and nothing else. No ammo, nu guns, no night sights and no aircraft. So we should have offered our ass you mean.

Fall back on RAW to hit ISI assets in North/North West Pakistan in retaliation.
Ah! as if they did it and all our problems emanating from West are done after that.... :)

Irrelevant to the subject.

Only 15 kgs ... Indian;s like Neerav Modi are capable to taking away tons..

Despite all the evidence, blame everyone and keep whining 'We are Gold standard' and ours is the last word on all matters relating to national security.
Blame must rest where it deserves to rest. What is so funny about it.[/QUOTE]

abhay rajput

Country flag
Because only feet were there and nothing else. No ammo, nu guns, no night sights and no aircraft. So we should have offered our ass you mean.

Ah! as if they did it and all our problems emanating from West are done after that.... :)

Irrelevant to the subject.

Only 15 kgs ... Indian;s like Neerav Modi are capable to taking away tons..

Blame must rest where it deserves to rest. What is so funny about it.
[/QUOTE]
In 2008 Pakistan didn't have any bvr missiles. If we had used airforce then , I don't think there would have been any problems like last year. They're got aim120 missile in 2010. Although deal was completed during 2008 period. What was lacking was guts by then political leadership.

another_armchair

Country flag
Yeah.. as per advice from 'military experts', it was unanimously decided to tuck tail and not escalate.

AF came up with a claim much later that they had a long list of only 500 targets they could hit. The claim went uncontested.

Eventually, the responsibility to save face fell upon people who don't even find a mention in the gallantry awards ceremony, posthumous or otherwise.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
My son taught English in Kathmandu through a NGO a few years back. He did not see any issues being an Indian.

I think we are seeing a hyperactive China under Xi. It is reverberating in our neighborhood.

We need to have some patience.
The surveillance of foreigners in mainland China have also increased dramatically after Xi came into power. Many youtubers are reporting it who does videos on China.

The thing is CCP knows that in many ways they are wrong. So, the previous leaders showed some restrain when it came to foreign land or foreigners. But now Xi is just forcing all the wrongs to the whole world. He is not worried about anything, he sees China as a superpower which can challenge and defeat anybody.

My assumption is that sooner or later Xi is going to pick a fight which he can't win.:dude:

daya

Country flag
My son taught English in Kathmandu through a NGO a few years back. He did not see any issues being an Indian.

I think we are seeing a hyperactive China under Xi. It is reverberating in our neighborhood.

Sir ji, my apologies, lekin aise to pakistan me bhi kisi Indian ko koi kuchh nahi bolta.. Upari taur par sab theek lagta hai, lekin jahan par aarthik hit poore hote hain ya un par koi chot pahunchti hai, wo matter karta hai.. USSR helped us because we are a very big customer of its weapon market and they also need us to keep balance against USA.

Floydian

Country flag
In 2008 Pakistan didn't have any bvr missiles. If we had used airforce then , I don't think there would have been any problems like last year. They're got aim120 missile in 2010. Although deal was completed during 2008 period. What was lacking was guts by then political leadership.
[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn't the govt have guts is beyond me!!

But one thing is for sure that our security apparatus especially the IAF were caught napping! How on earth could they have not envisaged 100+ km A2A missiles finding its way in the hands of our adversaries, or was it a complete failure on their part to not have got a whiff of the porkis getting them missiles? Could have at the least added a bare minimum nos. of long range A2A missiles for God' sake! 😣

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

India need not react... and also not talk to Nepal. Talking to Nepal, will give an additional lever to China to screw India..

garg_bharat

Country flag
Sir ji, my apologies, lekin aise to pakistan me bhi kisi Indian ko koi kuchh nahi bolta.. Upari taur par sab theek lagta hai, lekin jahan par aarthik hit poore hote hain ya un par koi chot pahunchti hai, wo matter karta hai.. USSR helped us because we are a very big customer of its weapon market and they also need us to keep balance against USA.
Russians in general are very friendly to Indians. In fact far more than Americans. It is nothing to do with arms purchases.

mokoman

Country flag
we dont consider gilgit baltistan pok , aksai chin foreign land and show it as part of our territory in map .. what is wrong in gadkari statement ... these are not pak or chinese land as per our official stance .
Probably means we have no plan of grabbing them , 🙄

Were'nt we vocal about POK , this maybe a signal to the chinese , a climb down of sorts .

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
Yeah.. as per advice from 'military experts', it was unanimously decided to tuck tail and not escalate.

AF came up with a claim much later that they had a long list of only 500 targets they could hit. The claim went uncontested.

Eventually, the responsibility to save face fell upon people who don't even find a mention in the gallantry awards ceremony, posthumous or otherwise.
All that is just plain nonsense.... The job of military experts is to put forward his SWAT analysis. It is for the political leader to decide if he wishes to be screwed further.
Talking of military option when fifty ammunition items were in critical reserves not even sufficient for seven days war is only a fool's errand.. taking down direct orders from USA rules out any independence of actions...

Did anyone take any decision and was anyone ordered to take action.. did anyone tick mark some or at least one for the airforce to strike...

I do not what is biting you...

Last edited:

Knowitall

Sure the next thing they would say that india is non violent country we are giving up nukes and if someone slaps us on right cheek we will offer left cheek but we will not use force.
Yea right of course we still have enough land left to shout peace infact we must start donating our land to everyone since we are so peaceful.

You would think we might have learned something from our history when will we realize that this so called peace has only brought us trouble pain and disgrace when we learn.

I am not asking to start wars left and right but we literally have land that belongs to us to take and yet all I hear is this bullshit.

Suhaan

Country flag
Probably means we have no plan of grabbing them , 🙄

Were'nt we vocal about POK , this maybe a signal to the chinese , a climb down of sorts .

I think his statements implied about maps issued by Nepalis,he said we don't intend to show foreign land as ours,but he should have clarified about that it doesn't include PoK
We may see a clarification from him in coming days

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
India always finds ways to display weakness to enemies . What was the purpose of such an asinine statement?
I think it's most probably asked by Chinese side to make such claims in public so that even if PLA leaves that area because of diplomatic talks it would not show Chinese as weaker and lower power in the region and to support XI strong man face value.
And if Gadkari made this remark on it's own then he is a idiotic BS.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Why wouldn't the govt have guts is beyond me!!

But one thing is for sure that our security apparatus especially the IAF were caught napping! How on earth could they have not envisaged 100+ km A2A missiles finding its way in the hands of our adversaries, or was it a complete failure on their part to not have got a whiff of the porkis getting them missiles? Could have at the least added a bare minimum nos. of long range A2A missiles for God' sake! 😣
[/QUOTE]
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/pakistan-air-force-today-implications-for-india/2/
It was quite publicly known. Infact there are lots of articles which mentions that IAF has lost bvr edge after us supplies aim120 missiles dating back to 2010. You can search yourself about that. Finally that's why rafale was selected but our babus screw it.

ninja hattori

Country flag

Sure the next thing they would say that india is non violent country we are giving up nukes and if someone slaps us on right cheek we will offer left cheek but we will not use force.

I avoided it in the post before,

But seems people want to go with the headlines,

The first facet of journalism is to have a catchy headline, journalist always try to be Krishna reporting death of aswathama (half truth),
half truth is more dangerous than lie.

ENGLISH MAIN STREAM MEDIA OF OUR COUNTRY IS BIGGEST JOKE

And there favt dream is Modi Vs Gadkari and they always try to construct some of it, while everyone from bjp and rss knows both of them have tuning none other than like Ganguly and sehwag.

If one goes through what he said is below, kindly read it with what event he was attending and in appropriate context,

During his speech, the Nagpur MP referred to famous novel

"Mrityunjaya" by Marathi novelist
Shivaji Sawant

(
This novel is one of a well-known motivational book in Marathi literature. Using the autobiographic form, the story of this novel narrated based on the story of Karma, is one of the leading characters of the ancient Hindu epic Mahabharata

)

saying peace and non-violence can be established by only those who are strong and not weak.

"We should not make India strong by becoming expansionist. We want to make India strong for establishing peace. We never tried to grab land of Bhutan. Our country made

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

the prime minister of Bangladesh after winning the war (with Pakistan in 1971), and our soldiers returned thereafter.

"We took not a single inch of land. We do not want land either of Pakistan or China. All we want is peace, amity, love, and wanted to work together," he said.

So what he said is in context of novel Mritunjay (recommended read)

that peace is established by STRONG.

And he said we dnt want there land, but obviously we will have what is ours.

and again the book refrence which he has given is about Karn from Mahabharat. So if someone really had brains in journalism they should have got the message what he was implying and not quoting him out of context.

WE are the Karn, we will fight our war.

He is not a man of lose talks watch his any interview how he has ripped apart likes of gharka kutta and karghisai

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles