India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Country flag
modi has no interest in cleaning up the bureaucracy. In fact, he has given more control to them in the last 6 years by centralizing power and appointing bureaucrats as ministers and over reliance on them to carry out government welfare schemes. To think that this government will lead a revolution to cut down the powers of the bureaucracy is foolhardy.
No state machinery runs without bureaucracy and they have a very important place and role. They provide the steel frame to the structure. But since they are a group and institution, they are bound to be self-centred and persuing their institutional interest over the national and organisational interest. That is the intrinsic nature of a group.

The problem in India is that bureaucracy has mounted on our head and become supreme surpassing national or political interest. Hence the primary function of political leadership is to keep the babu in check and not allow them to dictate the terms. Exercising Political Control is the job of Politician but that job has been infringed upon and taken over by the bureaucrats.

That is the whole crux of the problem.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No state machinery runs without bureaucracy and they have a very important place and role. They provide the steel frame to the structure. But since they are a group and institution, they are bound to be self-centred and persuing their institutional interest over the national and organisational interest. That is the intrinsic nature of a group.

The problem in India is that bureaucracy has mounted on our head and become supreme surpassing national or political interest. Hence the primary function of political leadership is to keep the babu in check and not allow them to dictate the terms. Exercising Political Control is the job of Politician but that job has been infringed upon and taken over by the bureaucrats.

That is the whole crux of the problem.
You may be knowing how babus made a hue and cry past decade when it was felt that the top post should have same payment structure

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
PLA Navy doesn't confront any foreign warships directly in the disputed waters. Don't you know that?

They sends buffer elements such as small ships with civilians, fishing boats etc. So, any conflict with the foreign ships can be denied and/or avoided later. Those PLA f*ckers are not even a paper dragon.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Od if you don't even believe then see this video carefully. Its been all over the internet.

If they are using non state actors to achieve their goals. Well then just let accident happens. Last time I checked Chinese were operating lot more commercial ships across the world than us.
Message should be clear that we will not take it lying down.
Hum toh doobenge magar tumhe bhi le doobenge Sanam !

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Not sure if trolling or genuine concern. Assuming goodwill, cyber-attacks cannot cripple power grid. Power grid core components are either mostly analog, manually operated, or within the intranet (no access to the internet).

Cyberwarfare is overrated and portrayed as an omnipotent power where a nerdy-looking college kid can somehow take down an entire government by slamming his fingers on a small laptop.

Cyberwarfare is slow and oftentimes its just denial of service (you cannot access what you want because millions of bots are overloading it). You often need massive computation powers and hours of time to break through a system. Even after if you can break into a system, most you can do is copy/steal information.

Defacing/destroying/disabling a system is often just not possible, and even if it is, it's quite reversible.

TLDR - We can deal with cyber attacks. Our cyber-warfare (mostly freelancers, few groups work with govt. occasionally) is among the best in the world,.
Stealing information is one thing. And destroying system is another.

Yahi hota hai bhai jab koi Die Hard 4.0 dekh ke use reality se compare karta hai.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Post in chit chat if any queries:

1. nope
2. yes
3. yes
4. ordered. not delivered since a decade.
5. developed, LRSAM going on
6. by hoping no one fires at them at present. Delhi Mumbai etc have defences though.
7. Being operationalized .... underway
I will repeat this again. Nag hasn't been ordered yet. Only DAC clearance is available

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
If they are using non state actors to achieve their goals. Well then just let accident happens. Last time I checked Chinese were operating lot more commercial ships across the world than us.
Message should be clear that we will not take it lying down.
Hum toh doobenge magar tumhe bhi le doobenge Sanam !
What do you mean by accidents? And please explain what you are implying!!

amit19

Country flag
There were some things alarming in your post such as only one brigade has gone ahead to the border in North East... etc.. That the Chines have taken 640sqkm...

These are matters of National significance to some and should not be used a loose talk on a bar ... or what they call as "Lunger Gup"...
sir, the 640 thing is from UPA2 era.

<>
In 2013, former Foreign Secretary Shyam Saran, who was at the time Chairman of the National Security Advisory Board (NASB) under the National Security Council of the Manmohan Singh government, after his visit to the region had informed the government that the People''s Liberation Army (PLA) patrol had set a new Line of Actual Control (LAC), thus occupying 640 sq km of Indian territory in Eastern Ladakh.
<>

And the deployment things, nobody discloses actual info.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
What do you mean by accidents? And please explain what you are implying!!
If they are ramming into our ships and calling it accidents we can payback in the same coin.
And why should we even stop then and there. Why these smaller boats are trying to ram into ours what is stopping us from using other methods to sink these smaller ships and calling them accidents.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
If they are ramming into our ships and calling it accidents we can payback in the same coin.
And why should we even stop then and there. Why these smaller boats are trying to ram into ours what is stopping us from using other methods to sink these smaller ships and calling them accidents.
That's because these tactics are used by PLA in SCS and last time I checked we don't operate in SCS. :crazy: :hehe:

M.J.K

Country flag
PLA Navy doesn't confront any foreign warships directly in the disputed waters. Don't you know that?

They sends buffer elements such as small ships with civilians, fishing boats etc. So, any conflict with the foreign ships can be denied and/or avoided later. Those PLA f*ckers are not even a paper dragon.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

And if you don't even believe then see this video carefully. Its been all over the internet.

Interesting video i missed this video of Chris.
I seems to prove my point that we cannot do anything more that what Americans ,Japanese and Vietnamese are already doing there in SCS militarily .
Its not that macros cannot rip their asses like we do to pirates.But that will lead to more aggressiveness as it its their backyard supported by their navy against one or two of ours,doesn't seem to be good idea to me.
If we do it as joint freedom of navigation patrol long with Vietnamese or Japanese (i doubt they will agree to this ) since they already know how to deal with such nuisance it may work.
But all this trouble for us just to irritate them is SCS doesn't seem to be highly rewarding while they are encroaching in our own back yard and threatening our sovereignty .We should threaten their sovereignty by selling some missiles to their neighbors not by sending one or two ships occasionally.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Stealing information is one thing. And destroying system is another.

Yahi hota hai bhai jab koi Die Hard 4.0 dekh ke use reality se compare karta hai.
But ek view toh milta hai ki kaun respond kya karega,
In 1994 there was same movie die hard 3 where a terrorist attack happens right in the middle of ny city there two things are made to see who will respond first in the crisis time,
Now switch to 2008 mumbai attack no one was aware who will respond first,
My point is if you show the future possibilities there are chances that people know what to do if something like this happens,

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
But we can do the same in IOR they have significant presence here.
Indian Navy doesn't need fishing boats to dominate in the Indian Ocean. Last time I checked its the Indian Navy which captured a Chinese ship smuggling crucial missile technology to Pakistan.

Those f*ckers can only do hoo hoo or bark. Yeah, they can send their submarines in Sri Lanka but that doesn't mean those sub-marines are going to act against any ship let alone any countries warship. Ghata ukhar lega:creepy::creepy:

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
So are you suggesting that there are no Chinese ships in Indian ocean ? And Neither we can operate under freedom of navigation in Taiwan Strait ?
Yeah, during Kargil war, India took one month to respond. That means Pakistan captured entire J&K.:crazy::crazy:

Par kar dekho vai. Aur keya ulta matlab nikal rahe ho!!

Last edited:

M.J.K

Country flag
Indian Navy doesn't need fishing boats to dominate in the Indian Ocean. Last time I checked its the Indian Navy which captured a Chinese ship smuggling crucial missile technology to Pakistan.

Those f*ckers can only do hoo hoo or bark. Yeah, they can send their submarines in Sri Lanka but that doesn't mean those sub-marines are going to act against any ship let alone any countries warship. Ghata ukhar lega:creepy::creepy:
Clarification I dont mean using fishing boats.our navy is resourceful they can find a way to harass them .

Stopping the ship was part of commitment being part of MTCR i think.Such opportunities may not come when we need them.

My point still is all this is just never ending nuisance at best .We don't threaten their main land sovereignty like they do to us (i mean conventional) .

dumdumdum

Country flag
Went through all the posts in last couple of weeks. A mango man like me could only reach to this conclusion
We have no hope. Modi is useless. China is going to win....no no it has already won. Doomsday is here.
Off I go to enroll for online Mandarin classes

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Clarification I dont mean using fishing boats.our navy is resourceful they can find a way to harass them .

Stopping the ship was part of commitment being part of MTCR i think.Such opportunities may not come when we need them.

My point still is all this is just never ending nuisance at best .We don't threaten their main land sovereignty like they do to us (i mean conventional) .
The thing is Chinese don't harass anybody in Indian Ocean. And our GOI doesn't take SCS as primary objective. They are more like 'appun ka problem nahi hai woh'. Although things are changing now. I am sure India will start talking about HK, Taiwan & SCS, if this PLA aggression continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles