India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Country flag
Salary is only a part of total cost of deployment.
This news items may interest you.

From 2017,

Do not put in Union propaganda. and your supreme Court type arguments..
Please get me CAG figures ...

The cost of soldier over 17 years of service and cost of Constable over 33 years of Service ?
Cost of maintaining an ITBP battalion in High altitude area Vs cost of an Infantry battalion..

Running costs of transportation, temporary duties, movements, exegencies and contingencies... cost of accommodations provided to personnel posted in border areas..

Though the discussion has never been ITBP Vs Army .... that is not the discussion at all...

The discussion was - How can LAC be managed without sorting out command and control between forces ??

ladder

Country flag
Do not put in Union propaganda. and your supreme Court type arguments..
Please get me CAG figures ...

The cost of soldier over 17 years of service and cost of Constable over 33 years of Service ?
Cost of maintaining an ITBP battalion in Highaltitude area Vs cost of an Infantry battalion..

Those the discussion has never been ITBP Vs Army .... that is not the discussion at all...

The discussion was - How can LAC be managed without sorting out command and control between forces ??
Use internet.
Your side of argument your resources.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I hope Modi has learned his lesson that China cant be trusted. My view is Modi had understanding that India can peacefully co-exist with China and so he tried to be cozy with china and tried to please XingPing by inviting them to India.
He is challenging china from day one. Make in India was and is against Chinese import . He went forward with all agreement with usa because of china.

He tested asat purely against china. He started SSN program against china. He bought 36 rafale immediately to give an edge against china .

He went to Mongolia . He toppled govts in srilanka and Maldives to remove pro china people.

He oppose BRI firmly when everyone else was supporting it. And now everyone is following Indian lead .

Modi understand china more than many previous leaders.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
so we have been thinned out across LAC, IB and LOC. Question is have we thinned out our enemies across their borders ? When will Chinese coastal line face the threat of Indian Navy of lurking around ?

IndianHawk

Country flag
so we have been thinned out across LAC, IB and LOC. Question is have we thinned out our enemies across their borders ? When will Chinese coastal line face the threat of Indian Navy of lurking around ?
How exactly are we thinned out. Our forces outnumber our enemies on both loc and lac.

Bhadra

Country flag
When one calculates cost of one ITBP constable in Ladakh please do not forget that actually it is two constables that are required to be paid for one job... one constable is sitting in Ladakh and another constable is in Delhi for rotation..

The cost of five ITBP battalions in Ladakh is actually being paid in terms of thirteen battalions maintained in the name of Ladakh. So please calculate that cost too.

One deployed two in Delhi.. very funny...

M.J.K

Country flag
All the Arguments here seems to be too inward looking.No body know how its going to play out.
1) We should list down what scenarios may play out and contingencies for each of them.
2) Hardly any discussion happened regarding how our neighbors ,USA,France Israel react to the above scenarios both publicly and privately.

ladder

Country flag
A vilification is being carried out that CAPF are lazying around.

Those who what actual figure, the below link might help. Although it's about BSF.

Bhadra

Country flag
2 to 3 billion worth of investment over a period of 5 years will turn the whole ITBP into a proper mountain force. The ITBP size is 90000 most of them familiar to the Terrain and adapted to it, just using them to traverse the mountains with stick is a waste of Talent. Train them in Marksmanship and a defensive force is all set.
That was then... when it was only four battalions force...
For last about fifteen years it is no longer a force of son of the soil but with all India composition with 50 percent reservations in all ranks including officers and reservations in promotions ... Politics is supreme not LAC..

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
A vilification is being carried out that CAPF are lazying around.

Those who what actual figure, the below link might help. Although it's about BSF.

Instead of putting that sidetracking issue up I would have appreciated if you had explained that - out of thirteen battalions of NE Frontier ITBP why only five are in Ladakh ... where are the other eight battalions when Chinese have mounted on top... ?? Army is scrounging for numbers and even cooks would be on LAC..

Where are those eight battalions...

I had warned much earlier not to take this issue in another direction lest shit starts hitting the fan.. people in this country are not that much fool..

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pravin Sawhney is about the worst. Other pretty bad ones are Prasun Sengupta and Vishal Thapar. Nothing much has been heard too publicly from Thapar for a while, whereas he used to be pretty high profile on anything to do with the Agni missiles.
u should read the recent blogs by prasun he is betting for our side.

right wing

Country flag
Both countries are beefing up abilities around the border just like in doklam
I do not see any cause for alarm,India is preparing before hand for all that acclimatization stuff.
Plus works on saser la road and other BRO projects in full swing.
Those who are fearing 1962,should look up to the later clashes to what happens when India is prepared.

M.J.K

Country flag
All the Arguments here seems to be too inward looking.No body know how its going to play out.
1) We should list down what scenarios may play out and contingencies for each of them.
2) Hardly any discussion happened regarding how our neighbors ,USA,France Israel react to the above scenarios both publicly and privately.
I will try to list possible scenarios how it may play out .I am no expert and i am hoping other members will pitch in
1) The Chinese and us retreat to pre-april positions after long drawn standoff like Doklam.
2) localized skirmish like 1967. (outcome is circumstantial )
3) Multiple fronts opened on LAC by both and leading to a short war. (outcome is circumstantial )

In each scenario how it effects us internally and Externally.
Any one interested?

abhay rajput

Country flag
If this story is true that means chinese have been stopping our patrols from venturing beyond F5 from last year . So there is no surprise this year they came in much higher numbers to completely stop access to IA from doing any patrol beyond F4 .
No that's not what I meant. I meant that indian patrol's find a new way to patrol bypassing finger 5 area where Chinese have temporary camp directly to the finger 7. . I am pretty sure this standoff is mainly about that. And now they are also objecting to infrastructure development along lac.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Can somebody more smart write a fully educated essay on possible Chinese missile attack on our military bases. A good written scenario will suffice. It is speculated and only young people with not much knowledge always speculate that Chinese missile attack on Indian military bases in around LAC would devastate Indian defences.

Is it possible? ....

Do they have missiles smart And accurate enough to reach Indian bases and devastate them. Guess work based on Chinese publications is not accepted. They are copy masters. They love to make copies in large numbers, but copies are not smart enough and accurate enough. Numbers are intimidating but their reliability is always doubtful.

Only a few days back dooms sayers Indian boys were floored when a Chinese military analysts stated that India has 200,000 best trained and equipped mountain troops. How could China conquer such an highly appreciated force. It floored the dooms sayers of the Indian media. Hence I have stopped believing Indian analysts who are serving vested interests.

Please do take up this project Of missile attack. You may immortalize yourself with reliable information. Even the military analysts will welcome this study.

M.J.K

Country flag
No that's not what I meant. I meant that indian patrol's find a new way to patrol bypassing finger 5 area where Chinese have temporary camp directly to the finger 7. . I am pretty sure this standoff is mainly about that. And now they are also objecting to infrastructure development along lac.
Sorry to barge in.Even if that is the stated reason, why now?I think its just a convenient excuse for them.Objective most likely is something else.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Can somebody more smart write a fully educated essay on possible Chinese missile attack on our military bases. A good written scenario will suffice. It is speculated and only young people with not much knowledge always speculate that Chinese missile attack on Indian military bases in around LAC would devastate Indian defences.

Is it possible? ....

Do they have missiles smart And accurate enough to reach Indian bases and devastate them. Guess work based on Chinese publications is not accepted. They are copy masters. They love to make copies in large numbers, but copies are not smart enough and accurate enough. Numbers are intimidating but their reliability is always doubtful.

Only a few days back dooms sayers Indian boys were floored when a Chinese military analysts stated that India has 200,000 best trained and equipped mountain troops. How could China conquer such an highly appreciated force. It floored the dooms sayers of the Indian media. Hence I have stopped believing Indian analysts who are serving vested interests.

Please do take up this project Of missile attack. You may immortalize yourself with reliable information. Even the military analysts will welcome this study.
There is the study of belfer centre a think tanks which looks deeply into India china present force deployment and missile attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles