India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
With Trump stepping down as US president, losing to chinese lobby , things will become more tough for India.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
With Trump stepping down as US president, losing to chinese lobby , things will become more tough for India.
LOL, the Canadian press has been feeding you too much maple syrup.

There is a strong counter-polarization by working class America. They've tasted antifa, and they know their businesses will never be safe in a Democrat regime. 2020 will see a landslide Trump victory. The American silent-majority, which has been bullied to chant "BLM" will throw its weight behind Trump.

Once re-elected, Trump will come out with crippling regulations against social media (Zuckerberg saw this and pledged neutrality while Dorsey's skull is a little thicker). He will also double down on economic warfare against China, by making Xi an increasingly bad idea for the Chinese masses. Trump will also systematically take out Soros and corporations affiliated to him.

Whether Trump is an idiot is debatable, but whether he's vindictive is not.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Chinese making strange demands on India including censuring Trump administration! My gut is that we are seeing a long standoff in Ladakh. India will likely stick to its position and it will not take dictates from Chinese Communist Party.

I agree any war will be bloody. We are in the beginning of WW3 and 1/6th of humanity may get wiped out if predictions are true. Covid19 is the first arrow from Chinese bow.

IndiaRising

Country flag
its become increasingly clear that Pangong Tso is not their major goal. their goal is to stop infrastructure activity in Galwan Valley.

Hellfire

Country flag
I have lived in Eastern Europe with temp as low as -20 degree C. My attire was regular Delhi Jacket & Jeans in morning and shorts under blanket in night.

I didn't face any problem. And yes, i have faced winds in those temperatures.

Native women roam around in skirts with cigarettes in hand.

Difference is between staying in centrally heated buildings and travelling in centrally heated transport. 2 hours or so -36'C in Red Square on a 31st December was cool for me too :)

-36'C in Siachen was not.

Hellfire

Country flag
Can BMP's float like ACV ?? Is Pangong has depth
You do not need troop carrying capacity over Pangong Tso ... you need capacity to hold the area around it. Capacity is not limited to the troops alone but political will.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Which city is this which has -30 degree Celcius! It is a very very low temperature even for north european standard(norway etc). Were you in Siberia?
It were remote regions of Slovakia and Cz.

No one has discussed how an Army / ITBP jawan lives here sometimes deployed in Platon strength. How does he cook, how he draws water and how he heats up his perenially wet clothing. What does he do to let 24 hours of his day to pass?

Look at PLA soldiers and Chinese equipment. They never fail to show off their economic might and superiority of their equipment. What psyops you all guys talk of - bots, videos, articles, opinion-makers etc? Chinese win pay ops on the ground where it matters the most.
Not at risk of sounding insensitive, I have seen circumstances under which US troops operated when they were placed in Afghanistan early 2000.

Their residence was looking like a big slum with troops handwashing clothes in muddy water while make shift toilet was throwing foul smell upto their rooms.

Chinese have pampered their PLA and it looks like made up of little princes. It may backfire when hostilities break out and they couldn't stand living conditions.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I do not think India has hitched its boat to Trump. Indian relationship with USA is unlikely to change if a democratic President arrives. Improvement in US India relationship is not tied to a victory of Republicans.

Hellfire

Country flag
100 Indian Tanks Now Near China Border In Eastern Ladakh, More To Come
I will not quote numbers, but that is your armoured brigade component.

Theoretically, you can place an armoured div there... forget the dispersion. And make them a perfect target.

That is where Col Ajai Shukla lost the plot when he talked of numbers. With limited axes of advance into own side of Eastern Himalayas, I would love to have the Chinese plan a move into our territory.

Similarly, for us, movement into their side will be so amazing for them .... a bottleneck with tanks coming in one by one and they in open wide ground ... a turkey shoot there too

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I do not think India has hitched its boat to Trump. Indian relationship with USA is unlikely to change if a democratic President arrives. Improvement in US India relationship is not tied to a victory of Republicans.
well democrats are pro Pakistani so expect 2 sugar daddies of porkistan.

Hellfire

Country flag
If we have occupied some unoccupied heights, which are claimed by China, then why isnt this news out there in the media ? Why not even a whisper from OSINT guys ?

The best time for media to be quiet ... well for everyone to be.

We had a relative nomansland. They occupied, we did too. Now the negotiations are on..

Hellfire

Country flag
This is the trend now, soldier's suffering is romanticised as being battle hardened.

My biggest ire with the army's approach.

Air Force moves in its assets, even a Forward Air Controller, after getting infra in place.

Our leadership in army says 'ho jayega' and move troops who have absolutely nothing at times. What nonsense!

garg_bharat

Country flag
My reading is that Trump has no special affinity to India. India should not expect miracles from USA.

The issue at hand is not related to USA though China is trying make it such.

India has always been a big supporter of UN. Nothing to learn from China here.

I doubt India will abandon its relationship with USA or other countries at the behest of China.

Hellfire

Country flag
Not at risk of sounding insensitive, I have seen circumstances under which US troops operated when they were placed in Afghanistan early 2000.

Their residence was looking like a big slum with troops handwashing clothes in muddy water while make shift toilet was throwing foul smell upto their rooms.

Chinese have pampered their PLA and it looks like made up of little princes. It may backfire when hostilities break out and they couldn't stand living conditions.
Poor US troops.

What makes you think we do not have that as a norm in our own forces?

Imagine getting 3.2 litres of Kerosense per day per head which you need to use for washing, drinking, cooking, bathing and heating your self. The water, of course, from snow.

And dogs going about with ablutions all over the snow and as snow melts, muddy snow melted for water. Then comes the Gastroenteritis.

All in a day's work.

Not because we cant afford, but because we do not 'authorize'. And some babu tomtoms savings to cost to exchequer.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
One interesting thing happened yesterday was that, with the release of PLA propaganda video of their military exercise, PLA became a laughing stock for using civilian planes with boarding passes to transport their troops.

====
Gunners Shot: Just saw the PLA/ Global Times mobilisation clip. Meant to scare us? It was a ceremonial parade. that is how PLA fights? they will get shot up and left bleeding! No wonder they are suing for talks. The buffoons know they can not win.

Bhadra

Country flag
You do not need troop carrying capacity over Pangong Tso ... you need capacity to hold the area around it. Capacity is not limited to the troops alone but political will.
Is that what military application of terrain means?

It is 136 km long and five km wide (max).
So tell me how much time the troops will take to walk 136 km?

Now tell me how much time will ten fast boats carrying 150 soldiers take to cover the same distance. How would you cover the lake by fire if the midcourse is say 1.6 km from both the banks?

Where will you place those weapons? On Indian post which is two third distance away from the starting western side. Means Chinese will over 90km on water unopposed...

Can the Chinese establish an opposed boat head / bridge head on any shore.....

Lots of questions...... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles