India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Chinese goods worth about Rs 3,200 crore was sold in diwali 2019 while items worth Rs 8,000 crore were sold in the country during the Diwali 2018 . Now things are more serious . Indeed some items cnt be replaced easily but i am sure these campaigns work . ,

When there is a will there is a way. We can always put tariffs and a lot more bad stuff that can make trade impossible. The thing is that if things become quite serious this would be the GOI first real move against China. There is no point giving them more than 50 billion dollars every year in Trade

doreamon

Country flag
India’s new incentive program to entice global smartphone-makers to set up factories there will give it a long-term edge over China in competing for manufacturing, industry observers said.

Earlier this week, India’s government announced that it would set aside 500 billion rupees ($6.6 billion) over the next five years to bring in global companies to set up facilities to make products across the smartphone supply chain.

As part of the program, the government will offer subsidies to qualified companies equal to 4% to 6% of incremental sales of the goods they manufacture in India over the five-year period. It will also offer these companies subsidies on their capital expenditures on an identified list of products including electronics components and semiconductors.

The announcement came against a backdrop in which governments around the world are increasingly calling for their countries to reduce their dependency on China for manufacturing amid the Covid-19 pandemic that exposed risks in key supply chains. It also came as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who has called for a more self-reliant India, has pushed for additional incentives to create more domestic manufacturing in an effort to create jobs.

The latest programs, which involve direct financial support, are much stronger than past policies that focused on increasing duties on imported goods as a way to support local production, said Tarun Pathak, an India-based analyst at Counterpoint Research. The new programs are also more aggressive, targeting high-value companies like contract manufacturing giant Foxconn and Chinese smartphone-makers such as Oppo and Vivo.

China remains the dominant player in the global supply chain for smartphone manufacturing, as nearly 65% of the world’s smartphones are assembled and directly shipped from the country to buyers around the world, according to Counterpoint.

But analysts said India’s latest programs will give the country a long-term edge over China in competing for manufacturing. India’s manufacturing capabilities in the smartphone industry have greatly improved over the past few years, Pathak said. In 2014, 70% of phones bought in India were imported. Now, 99% of the phones are assembled locally.

Adwait Mardikar, another India-based analyst who works for research group Canalys, said in an online seminar earlier this year that the Indian government’s policy push, along with multinationals’ strategies to mitigate supply chain risk, will make the country an attractive destination for manufacturers. “India will be a major manufacturer and exporter in the coming years,” Mardikar said, “and by the end of this decade, it might even rival China in terms of scale.”

Still, India has several weak spots that stand in the way of its goals, such as poor infrastructure and a lack of workers skilled in manufacturing, Pathak said

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
psyops by global timed,

it means they are concerned about there own movements, it seems like they are working like swiggy to pick and land troops without letting them know where they landed:pound:

see the whole video it seems they are transporting vips not soldiers, u will laugh ur hearts out

Haha

unacclamatised soldiers....

Chiniyo ki G phat gyi he.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Ladakh belongs to India': Tibet sides with India, exposes China's expansionist tactics

The Tibetan government-in-exile, officially known as the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA), has reaffirmed its support for New Delhi as the tensions continue to rise between India and China along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

Headquartered in McLeod Ganj, Himachal Pradesh and headed by the Dalai Lama, the CTA asserted that the Sino-India border conflict will be resolved if Tibet is granted "genuine autonomy" as India actually shares its boundary with the erstwhile Tibetan state and not with China.

The Dalai Lama
The Dalai Lama IANS
It was in 1950 that China's People Liberation Army (PLA) invaded Tibet and occupied it forcefully, resulting in the Dalai Lama seeking refuge in India and subsequently establishing the CTA.

Tibet endorses India's stand on Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh

Dr Lobsang Sangay, the President of the Tibetan exile administration, said that Lhasa considers the disputed territories of both Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh to be a part of India.

"His Holiness the Dalai Lama has always made it very clear that Ladakh is a part of India. He has also maintained that the disputed Tawang in the state of Arunachal Pradesh also belongs to India," the Tibetan President told India Today.

Further, Dr Lobsang Sangay stated that China is under immense international pressure pertaining to the novel coronavirus pandemic which originated from its soil and, therefore, is indulging in a border dispute with India to diverge the attention of the other countries.

"China says Tibet is part of China, Taiwan is part of China, Arunachal is part of China, Ladakh is part of China, but coronavirus is not part of China. They are staking claim to everything but coronavirus. This is what the Chinese Communist party is capable of," the CTA leader said.

(Real president of tibet makes thing's clear)

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
What happened to the famed copies of transport aircraft they built? For years I saw newly minted transport aircraft parked in Chini airports.
I remember a satellite photo of 20 30 planes of different types, freshly out of production line and sitting near the tarmac. People had numbered them and labeled all of them

And here we are. Using Chini commercial planes for transporting troops with stamped tickets.
Using rainbow colored commerical trucks to transport tanks. (We on other hand use Tatra transporters for alll tanks.

(Even the solo tank transport video which came out earlier had red colored commercial trucks, remember?)
Even their combat fatigues seem dry cleaned.
Using municipal AC buses to transport troops.
When everything looks too clean....

Its actually very dirty thats being hidden.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
I'm not necessarily arguing that their troops will be perfectly acclimatized (certainly not as much as our guys anyways), but I remember reading a while back that China has built a lot of oxygen chambers to help their troops adjust to the heights more quickly and cut the acclimatization period short.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
What happened to the famed copies of transport aircraft they built? For years I saw newly minted transport aircraft parked in Chini airports.
I remember a satellite photo of 20 30 planes of different types, freshly out of production line and sitting near the tarmac. People had numbered them and labeled all of them

And here we are. Using Chini commercial planes for transporting troops with stamped tickets.
Using rainbow colored commerical trucks to transport tanks. (We on other hand use Tatra transporters for alll tanks.

(Even the solo tank transport video which came out earlier had red colored commercial trucks, remember?)
Even their combat fatigues seem dry cleaned.
Using municipal AC buses to transport troops.
I think it's an exercise to use commercially available buses and planes for faster mobilization. We should also do such exercises every year. Imagine different states, co ordinating logistical issues. Such exercises throw open lots of surprises.

jadoogar

Country flag
Old video...
It’s funny & worth noticing that two Asian giants & neighbours have to communicate with each other in a western language..

There are tens of thousands of schools in Cheen teaching that western language. Also that western language is part of the Indo European languages and has many many words whose root is in Sanskrit

Maybe one can say that the Chinese are communicating in an Indic (Indo European) language :)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Here's an silly idea..
IA should send the encounter pics from western front especially the headshots to the PLA negotiation team, you know in the name of "sharing is caring" spirit.

infact post these things on weibo and whatever their other SM platforms are.

jadoogar

Country flag
Just In case the war broke out how are we supposed to reach this point.

Its 200km minimum in a straight path Full of mountain and rugged terrain. Armour can't push too far inside because we won't be able to establish logistics that far inside. How are soldiers supposed to reach the Point and hold it.
Also river lakes and canyons will act as a natural obstacle for mechanized forces, on foot seems to be the most reliable option

There is no urgent need to reach any point. All that is required is to declare Tibet (full or just TAR) and Xinjiang as contested and PRC sovereignty derecognized - with support of uncle and pals.

Then any PRC citizen or asset in these areas is intruding and is fair game.
They will not have the balls to patrol at all near LAC and perhaps 100s of km from LAC.

Maybe public support of uncle and pals is not immediately required but it would be useful

fyodor

Country flag
I have seen -30 degree C in night. I only realized my limitations three times

> Ice becomes hard under usually foamy snow and forms a hard block where your shoes can slip if they don't have spikes
> Don't ever eat peppermint candy in those temps and breathe as it can cause chocking of throat due to severe cold.
> I experienced slight frostbite but only once. I just came out of gym fully drenched in sweat and went out back to home.

Other than that, i was okay. But my body loves cold more than heat in summers. So i might had some unfair advantage.
Which city is this which has -30 degree Celcius! It is a very very low temperature even for north european standard(norway etc). Were you in Siberia?

ataru09

Country flag
Which city is this which has -30 degree Celcius! It is a very very low temperature even for north european standard(norway etc). Were you in Siberia?
It goes that low for a few days in peak winter in Michigan and other interior areas of northern usa. I am assuming he was somewhere away from the ocean. Coastal areas usually don't get that cold.

Gave me a new sense of respect for our jawans who in addition to the cold also have to deal with low atmospheric pressures and dry climates at high altitudes.

Bhadra

Country flag
It is very interesting to go through this thread. One enjoys the journey from Kunlun down to Ladakh ranges, Zaskar, Himalayas and lands straight into the IOR . One can also go to SCS. But the journey is not completed with Porkiland. For any Indian, it simply can not. Porkies need to be beaten on all occasions because Indians think they are beatable.

Nepal in between is a no go area. Do not even talk of it.

Tanks, BMP, Pinaka, and occasionally Brahmos are touted as tools of "My Daddy Stronger". A few like to flash their speed boats too.

Poor Bhoop Singh is not remembered by anyone who actually is sweating through his ass even in minus 20 degrees. INSAS comes in pictures and videos being used as Danda which it is actually worth. The assortment of Balaclavas on the head of Bhoop Singh speaks of his pocket being taxed by GoI.

No one has discussed how an Army / ITBP jawan lives here sometimes deployed in Platon strength. How does he cook, how he draws water and how he heats up his perenially wet clothing. What does he do to let 24 hours of his day to pass?

Look at PLA soldiers and Chinese equipment. They never fail to show off their economic might and superiority of their equipment. What psyops you all guys talk of - bots, videos, articles, opinion-makers etc? Chinese win pay ops on the ground where it matters the most.

Last edited:

Rajpal s

Country flag
I think -30 degree temprature is not a problem but the high altitude which makes it uneasy to survive because of scarcity of oxygen there if you face same temperature on plain area it is much better because you only have to deal with cold but in high altitude there are other problems adds up there lies the difference.

Bhadra

Country flag
Missing the Woods for The Trees
The poser or question is - in the context of our National Perspective or in comprehending a long term Vision of a Grand strategy of India China border Issue are we in the forum and in India, in general, missing the Woods for the trees?

Defining the Problem in Narrow Context. The narrow context here implies " "border issue".

* China has secured its perceived land frontier with India in 1962. In China captured Aksai Chin and is still holding it. They captured Arunachal also but withdrew to a line far from McMahon line. From the Chinese perspective, they have settled their border de facto.

* Then what is the Problem? Problem now is to convert this de facto line into IB. Force India to accept it as a settled border. Burry 1962 in history and bring stability to Chinese frontiers and Chinese control of Tibet at a low cost.

* Past Trends. After 1962 War China had made its intention clear and asked India to recognize the Chinese control as the border. Even before War China gave two control/claim lines for India to accept. After some years, China also came up with the concept of a Package deal. That is China will recognize McMahon Line and India should accept the Chinese occupation of Aksaichin. However, that was not accepted by Nehru / India.

* Concept of LAC. China came up with a concept of LAC and Rajiv Gandhi signed an agreement with China called BPTA in 1993 in which the term and concept of LCA was. Looking deeply into the issue, that was old wine in a new bottle - Make India to accept a line even if it is not a boundary. Once defined
Lines exist for a period that would eventually be accepted as a border. India willy nicely fell for it. The entire mechanism of BPTA is fraudulent that has forced the MEA and Army leaders to speak about LAC and LAC and nothing about the real issue - the border. So Chinese have actually got the Indians bogged down at LAC.

What is India's Perspective?, Indian stand since very beginning was that Aksaichin is Indian territory and the Shimla agreement on Eastern boundry is valid treaty subject to watershed being the border. On the question of LAC India has its own perspective without prejudice to boundry question.

Can Anyone in India Accept Chinese Position? No one can possibly do that- not even Narendra Modi.
What Could be Indian Grand Strategy - Not to accept the Chinese occupation of Aksaichin as part of China, consolidate hold over Arunachal Pradesh as Indian territory? Keep the issue of boundry open to be settled in the future to India's advantage. Accept the concept of LAC to bring in peace and calm over India China boundry issue.

Then What is Current Strategic Issues between India and China ?

* Abolition of the special status of J&K reduces Chinese pronsity to interfare on the status of J&K.
* This further narrows down Chinese dispute to Union Territory of Ladakh.
* Indian military buildup in Ladakh and fast rate infrastructure development has increased Indian capacity and capability to launch a military operation in Aksaichin and threaten Xinjiang - Tibet road.
* Indian infrastructure buildup in DBO threatens status of Shakshagam Velly and Khunjraib Pass through which CPEC road passes.

* India has started making noises about GB thereby threatening Chinese interest directly.

India instead of burying the Ghost of 1962 is keen to reinvigorate and resurrect it thereby further making settlement of Chinese border problematic and costly.
India having developed infrastructure in border areas and having consolidated its hold can pose a greater military threat with efficiency and at a lesser cost.

Forget about Finger 4 or Finger8 and leave that to the Brigade Commander. Chinese want you to get bogged down in Fingers. Think of how to take back Aksaichin. Do not miss woods for the trees.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Bro I have not done anything... I just reminded the people of what they have been up to since 1962 War ... there is lot and a lot required to be done for the management of the Security of our beloved Motherland...

I am sometimes really bewildered to see how deep are some rotten bureaucratic malice existing in our structures.. The steel frame has enslaved the structure itself...
@WARREN SS

Bro you never told me we have more ISI agents with an agenda here.

Good to have Bhadra sir in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles