India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddha Mulay

It has been a mixed bag. Will only list out the sore points.

INSAS - Only fit for ceremonial parade. Even Chidambaram decided to ditch that abomination in the name of a rifle and gave AK's to the COBRA force he raised.

Akash - Will count it as a blessing if one takes off in battle.

Arjun - The flaws have been beaten to death. No need to start a fresh discussion on old sore points again. Go spend some time with the jokers at HVF and talk to the profs at IITM who have been involved with the project for a long time. Don't think you will hear one praiseworthy statement from IITM Profs about these HVF 'engineers'.

NAG - One that raises its hood every 10 years during trials and goes back into its hole.

Dhanush - Our wonderful folks realized late in 2012-13 that we had all the blueprints of FH-77B. What do they do? Outsource procurement to suppliers who in turn import sub standard junk to assemble the gun.
Finally, some progress is being made.

Army men die due to faulty weapons. Will you still blame them if they demand for weapons and weapon systems that don't fail during war or an encounter? Is it too much to ask for? They don't go on strike like other DPSU clowns, do they?

Those cold war era AK imports which cost us a fraction of INSAS are still going strong despite seeing 20-25 years in deployment. Compare the same to 'our' INSAS?

Whenever Forces try to procure a weapon system, our guys jump in and stall it saying they will make it in record time. End of the day, forces will only fight with what they have. Then, when you find coffins flying back from the battlefront, you start blaming politicians and 'corrupt' Generals but not one Babu gets blamed. Why?

The Astra is a fine piece of technology. Let's pray it becomes the much needed platform to develop a family of A2A and S2A missiles which can be produced by the thousands to safeguard us for decades to come.
All the issues regarding Akash SAM system have been resolved, please stop reading CAG reports from 3-4 years ago and hitjobs by import lobbies for god sake.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
"7 of the top 10 Fortune 500 companies are also run by Engineers "

"data indicates that scientists constitute the largest segment of top performing CEOs and are remunerated greatly for their leadership. "

It is the 'sakari' mindset that is to be blamed.

Those idiots you quoted in your post wouldn't survive even a few years as an engineer/scientist in a private sector tech company, let alone rise to the top position.
sir ji, you are mixing engineers with scientist. :hehe: my rant in that post was about giving our scientist, the management responsibilities...

also, you are quote is out of context. here is the full text

This data indicates that scientists constitute the largest segment of top performing CEOs and are remunerated greatly for their leadership. If you want to be not only be a CEO, but a top performing CEO – then the answer is right here: develop a scientific mind by studying a STEM discipline.

stem discipline is different then being a scientist and is not the same :nono:

"7 of the top 10 Fortune 500 companies are also run by Engineers " - Yes, but it does not say also run by Scientist.

other multinational companies who operates in India like amazon, walmart, ikea, etc also deals with the same sarkari mindset.
local companies like mahindra, airtel, reliance, L&T etc they also deal with the same sarkari mindset

both local and international companies make good revenues. they can deal with sarkari mindset because they know how to..and they have right people at right management level.

now, i do agree our sarkari mindset is one of the core reason for our defense related problems. i fully agree there... but its not the only cause.. there are other reasons as well.

so the question begs, why drdo cannot deal with sarkari mindset when other companies can? because we lack dedicated people to oversee management process

for instance, drdo scientist, the best of best mind of india.. should be supervising all projects, providing consultation to junior teams, providing expertise to the project, participate and solve technical problems etc .. thats where his time needs to go, rather then focusing on management.

the more time a scientist spends on management of things, the less time he spends on his science project. --
change my mind.. i will wait..

garg_bharat

Country flag
True . It's a pity. The most populous country which claims to have been the viswa guru in this world ,has a defense establishment which comes on 4 th position ,is still one of the biggest defense importer in this world and celebrates when we get defense equipments at a very high price. Had the establishment and governments been less corrupt ,had we invested quater of what we spend on imports in private sector ,things would have been so different.
Boss our problem is communism and trade unionism which is eating our factories.

First identify the correct problem.

In China any troublemaker is shot dead or sent to labour camp.

In India troublemakers are celebrated.

Communism is a disease which has hollowed this country.

'Viswa guru' tag is not applicable to current India.

Anyway let's hope this impending war brings some change in our society.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
So 6 some say even 12 Rafales may arrive next month. So we may be able to field a squadron of rafales in Ladakh.

Israel is sending a AD from its reserves. Israel AD force uses patriot Arrow David sling and iron dome. So its one of them. Most likely Sling or patriot. Dome is short range and Arrow is a ABM.

Now only if we can get France or Russia to lease us couple of squadrons of Mirage or mig 29 it will make our defense top class.

Sanatani

Country flag
Boss our problem is communism and trade unionism which is eating our factories.

First identify the correct problem.

In China any troublemaker is shot dead or sent to labour camp.

In India troublemakers are celebrated.

Communism is a disease which has hollowed this country.
Buddy ,communism is definitely a problem . Infact it's a termite which has eaten up the zeal in government sector to perform.
No government will be able to get rid of it easily. Obviously we cannot and should not shoot ppl like China does.
But we do have a option to slowly downsize OFB ,DRDO and promote companies like Bharat Forge ,TATA.

garg_bharat

Country flag
This is due to lowest cost tenders (and tender does not specify that you cannot import from China).

This is time to rope in our businessmen and industrialists and establish capacities for raw materials.

India's tender system is one of the worst.

Better designate production agencies in the private sector.

Har Saakh Pe Ullu Baitha Hai Anjame Gulistan kya Hoga ??

Sanatani

Country flag
What I understood ,after speaking to two higher officials in the army is that the only area where we are weak is AD and missiles. Otherwise in a conventional war we are no less than China.
I am only quoting what I heard. Ppl here will know better

Coalmine

Country flag
Hmmm... MPATGM with 400m as minimum range ... ha ha ha... and would get halluciniated in desert heat....
Army officers are corrupt that they conspire with temperature...

And you want 1960's GSQR to pass in 2020...

2.5 km hai. Some places it says 5 km range.

another_armchair

Country flag
All the issues regarding Akash SAM system have been resolved, please stop reading CAG reports from 3-4 years ago and hitjobs by import lobbies for god sake.
Where did I quote the CAG report?

You call them import lobby when they point out glaring deficiencies in a particular system and want that loophole plugged by importing an existing, proven system?

Trust me, I know a lot more than the CAG chaps do about our 'indigenous' Akash system.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I am totally dismayed with and miffed at DRDO ATK missile project team and feel like putting the entire team at PP14 in Galwan valley ...

For them "Kadi Ninda" will not do... they all need to be airdropped into Galwan valley without para shoots so that Chinese could teach them some missile technology... they have been the biggest anti nationals ...

I do not know how many wars they will miss... leave aside their competence which is proven beyond doubt ... the worst thing is that they block every proposal to import any missile or missile technology and promise to deliver by tomorrow.. so far at least thousands of tomorrows have passed..

Their tomorrow will never come... they all seem to be Chinese communists..
Not finishing a project is their strategy as then people being paid salaries would be without a job if it's finished! Check out the Kavery engine history. Decades of poodlefaking on purpose. Everyone on the project was making merry with fat pay and allowances and laughing all the way to the bank with extra bonuses, overtime pay, LTCs for free vacations and travel etc! So who wants to complete a project?

M.J.K

Country flag
Where did I quote the CAG report?

You call them import lobby when they point out glaring deficiencies in a particular system and want that loophole plugged by importing an existing, proven system?

Trust me, I know a lot more than the CAG chaps do about our 'indigenous' Akash system.
WE HAVE TO JUST TRUST YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE WHO?

AMCA

Country flag
CAG report clearly mentions that failure was due to lack of environment control missile storage facility. Same reason was given for failure of 9K33 OSA missile systems. It says that Akash was deployed in northeast without proper storage facilities which led to failure of some critical missile systems.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
What I understood ,after speaking to two higher officials in the army is that the only area where we are weak is AD and missiles. Otherwise in a conventional war we are no less than China.
I am only quoting what I heard. Ppl here will know better
We are no less than China? You must remember that in the present day PLA, 80% are conscripts with compulsory service for 4 years. They are kids from single child families who are pampered and more into computer games than facing the rigours of soldering. They have ZERO experience of fighting in mountainous terrain and no match for the well trained battle hardened mountain troops of the Indian Army.

The PLA has not fought a war since their rout by a much smaller but committed Vietnamese army in 1979 who sent them packing in less than a month. They got a bloody nose at Nathula in 1967 when 400 of them were killed by the Indian Army and scores of their gun positions destroyed. Somdorungchu in AP in 1987 was another embarrassment for them when the Chinese withdrew without a whimper with the PLA's tails tucked firmly between their hind legs!

So please don't say that we are no less than China. We are way ahead! Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles