Status
Not open for further replies.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
ET
Download AppTOP NEWS
DefenceView in App
India keeps vigilant eye on Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir as Chinese air activity increases
While the PLAAF can make up for the high altitude by deploying aerial tankers, Indian military planners have always been wary that in a time of conflict, airbases in PoK could be handed over to China. Limited activity can be observed at the Skardu...
By Manu Pubby, ET Bureau | Updated: Jun 27, 2020, 07.08 AM IST

Agencies
New Delhi: India is keeping a vigilant eye on airbases in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK) after a Chinese refueller aircraft landed in Skardu last week. Also, Chinese air activity has increased opposite Eastern Ladakh, raising the possibility of PLA Air Force (PLAAF) using airbases in PoK.
Indian and Chinese forces are in the middle of an escalating standoff in Eastern Ladakh with New Delhi forced to bring in a large number of troops in the area after Beijing amassed forces, which were otherwise supposed to be undergoing annual military exercises.
ADVERTISEMENT
The Indian Air Force has been on heightened alert for several weeks now and extensive ferry missions have been undertaken to take supplies and troops to Ladakh. Besides, Chinese air activity – additional Su 27 fighters are believed to have been deployed at Hotan airbase in Xinjiang – is being closely monitored and their deployments mirrored on the Indian side.
The PLAAF has several airbases in and around Tibet, with Hotan housing the most combat assets, but they suffer from one debilitating issue – most are located at altitudes over 4,000 feet, making it difficult for fighters to take off with a full weapons load and fuel. Several Indian airbases, on the other hand, are located in the plains of Punjab and Haryana, giving them an edge.
ADVERTISEMENT
Satellite Images
While the PLAAF can make up for the high altitude by deploying aerial tankers, Indian military planners have always been wary that in a time of conflict, airbases in PoK could be handed over to China.
ADVERTISEMENT
Sources said that limited activity can be observed at the Skardu airbase, and an IL 78 tanker of the PLAAF landed there a few days ago, besides some Pakistan Air Force transport aircraft. Skardu is located just 100 km from the Leh airbase and has recently been expanded by Pakistan.
In August last year, the Skardu base was used by Pakistani JF 17s on their way to the PLAAF base at Hotan for a joint exercise. The Shaheen series of exercises involving J 10s from China and Pakistani JF 17 jets had been carefully monitored by India and took place in the area opposite Eastern Ladakh.
ADVERTISEMENT
In the past two years there has been a significant increase in air activity in Tibet. While the PLAAF earlier used to deploy its fighters to forward bases only in summers, a year-round deployment has now become the norm.
Recent satellite images show that another airbase located just about 200 km from the Pangong Tso lake is also being upgraded, with work on as recently as May this year. The Ngari Gunsa airbase in Tibet is housing Su 27 fighter jets and work to expand the runway has been ongoing.
In the past, Pakistan had no qualms in allowing other nations to use its airbases and military camps. During the Afghanistan campaign launched in 2001, US forces had enclaves at several Pakistani airbases to support combat missions against the Taliban.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Dude, I urge you to not use these words, I still stand by my words of sukhoi being best right now for air superiority against Chinese.
Please see THE WHOLE PICTURE when you compare it.
Also it's not me who ordered sukhoi from Russia during these times.
Apologies. Meant no offense but I was just getting a little edgy when I see blind support for the MKI’s even when it’s drawbacks are clear as daylight.
I’m looking at the most advanced fighter in the threat spectrum in the theater at the moment, and all I see is the F16s.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Apologies. Meant no offense but I was just getting a little edgy when I see blind support for the MKI’s even when it’s drawbacks are clear as daylight.
I’m looking at the most advanced fighter in the threat spectrum in the theater at the moment, and all I see is the F16s.
But I see F 18s instead of F 21s

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Chinese are at their games of 1962 again - intimidate the Indians everywhere with their superior numbers, by surrounding the posts, sitting in front of the posts. intruding in Indian territory and sit there by establishing a camp.

At all the four posts of Pengang Tso, Hot Spring / Gogra, Galwan and area Y Junction in Depsand plains so far they are only intimidating and trying to break Indian morale,

Pengang Tso - They have occupied middle heights to cover their posts and threaten Indian Base Camp. Those posts will be untanable unless te Chinese are able to supply those posts. Come winters and Chinese would run away from there.

Gogra Complex - Chinese have been driven out of Gogra Complex and Indians have build a solid camp there. Posts are ocupied but face off remins.

Galwan Valley. Indians are sitting near the LAC as close as te river bend. PP14 if reoccupied by the Chinese will be driven out. Indians are witing for the Chinese to adhere to the agreement. It takes time. To m understanding Indians will attack PP14 if nothing materialists because it is now subject to an agreement.
Depsang Plains. Chinese are repeating what they did in 1962 and 2013 there. But this time around instead on two weak companies there, there are four battalions and one tank regt in that area. Chinese are trying to intimidate with a Mechanized Division.

Both sides are eagerly waiting for the other side to open the fire. The real intent will then be revealed. So fra the Chinese seems to be provoking Indians to do that . Till then keeping writing boring and rotten posts on DFI.

But If were to be the general. I would I would use this golden opportunity to not allow even a single Chinese man to return back on his two legs.. I would ensure that at least a thousand Chinki loving activist and sleepers in India commit suicide seeing that Chinese defeat.
I think this will be done and your wishes will come true. More than the Chinese, I think we are intentionally buying time. The ChingChongs are trying to give us the message that they have buried the hatchet, but actually it's hidden in their backpacks.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think this will be done and your wishes will come true. More than the Chinese, I think we are intentionally buying time. The ChingChongs are trying to give us the message that they have buried the hatchet, but actually it's hidden in their backpacks.
We already in a advantage position and we should take active advantage of it in a constructive way for our mainting of our position in the ladakh

Waanar

Country flag
I think we will see a war between India and China after 5-6 months but the way millitary deployment is going on both sides it will be a huge millitary conflict far bigger than 1962 but this time Chinese will loose and if Pakistan gets involved I will be happy because if that happens India will liberate POK for sure 😃
No matter Pakistan gets involved or not, PoK will be wrestled out of their hands.

The military was really preparing the push before the pandemic and with China finally warranting credible fear of a two front war, PoK will face a really quick change of hands.

A war with China is not a trivial matter. The losses and gains will be massive.

A war with Pakistan, on the other hand, will be swift, relatively easy and a bigger proverbial and literal bang for the buck.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why will US openly say they have issues with chini at kashmir, only tzu chini have rights on all the war game deceit or what... baki sab dick thinkers on war plan kya and that too USA who believes that all the countries boundaries wall are joined with their borders
Let the dragon have its dance ...we have godzilla , avengers and our own Nagraj :cruisin2:

captscooby81

Country flag
France has retired most of its M2K , Few they have are all Nuclear delivery platforms which they will never sell to anyone . So forget getting any M2K from france . if we really want We can ask Taiwan they have good number of M2k or may be from UAE or Greece . But everyone are having limited numbers UAE is busy in yemen war . Greece is facing issues with turkey , Taiwan offcourse waiting for invasion from china . So who is going to sell their M2K in such situations

Our Late lateef Babus and Lethargic Baboons in HAL have gone great disservice to the nation and its people by sitting on placing orders and doing slow moving productions

Just imagine how ordering Rafale 12 months early would have played now, if UPA had placed an order or worse even BJP-1 had placed the order right when they came to power we would have had rafales flying with us now and even pilots and SOPs and training would have all been done .

Now we are desperately waiting for rafale to land even if they come how much we can use them against PAF or PLAAF is a question only IAF will be able to answer.

Point is we need readymade supply now. France has over 300 Mirages.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
France has retired most of its M2K , Few they have are all Nuclear delivery platforms which they will never sell to anyone . So forget getting any M2K from france . if we really want We can ask Taiwan they have good number of M2k or may be from UAE or Greece . But everyone are having limited numbers UAE is busy in yemen war . Greece is facing issues with turkey , Taiwan offcourse waiting for invasion from china . So who is going to sell their M2K in such situations

Our Late lateef Babus and Lethargic Baboons in HAL have gone great disservice to the nation and its people by sitting on placing orders and doing slow moving productions

Just imagine how ordering Rafale 12 months early would have played now, if UPA had placed an order or worse even BJP-1 had placed the order right when they came to power we would have had rafales flying with us now and even pilots and SOPs and training would have all been done .

Now we are desperately waiting for rafale to land even if they come how much we can use them against PAF or PLAAF is a question only IAF will be able to answer.
QAF also has12 2000s being retired and does UAE with 60 2000's

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What happens to the RMAF offer for 19 MIG 29s which were selmondly used

captscooby81

Country flag
Dude please this is what really irks me be a fanboy but lets not be like stupid Paki J-17 type fanboys . Tejas has its own use and Rafale has its own . Comparing two is insult to both the products . Let me assure you again Tejas cant and won't be able to do what Rafale can achieve . Lets stick to Tejas for what it was meant to replace Mig-21, its not created to replace Su-30 MKI or even Mig-29k . Just that the baboons in HAL wants to give so much spin that everyone is import dalal every one is Sold out to white pussy is bullshit.

Even at this moment IAF will not put Tejas in any front line if situation goes worse . At the current state its best like advanced fighter trainer it has another decade time to catch up really to become a fighter what it was being claimed . a decade is a long time if you are not able to understand the value of time just look at our current situation china in border and paki ready to jump just tell me what will we be left to fight with what we have today not what HAL claims it will deliver.

Just look at how we are shitting on Kaveri revival . Saffran has asked for $500 Million investment but our Gorilla's in GTRE like why so much money to pay them we will deliver the same in $490 Million in 20 years time . Bloody import dalals bla bla . if saffran can help you build a engine in next 5-6 years with extra $10 million instead of our DPSU Baboons doing it in 20 years which sounds sensible investment ?

TIME TIME TIME is all that matters there is no point chest thumping in trying to re-invent the wheel when its already their just absorb the process and move ahead .

For God sake stop this Tejas Vs Rafale

It is really disheartening to see people who still don't have any trust in Tejas, and still dream of fancy imported maal of the west, F21 and Rafale. One whose strengths and weaknesses we are not aware of, the other is too expensive.

Cheetah007

Country flag
My 2 Cents:
India has trade deficit with china, so it would not harm india as much as china, good for local indian industries.
Secondly, no sane self respectable nation would consider trading with a state which just killed 20 of its soldiers in cold blood, violating previous agreements.
Third, Indians should be prepared for the price hikes in daily commodities for limited time if things further escalates
Fourth, Never ever rely on one nation to give 100% support during the conflict.
Fifth, Keep faith on your leaders. As they say, Silence has no frequency but shear wavelength.

Cheers

daya

Country flag
Looks like the final warning has been given.
In fact, war is inevitable. Ishwar China ko sadbuddhi de. I hope this time, China will be taught a great lesson. All of the arms of our defence system should be used, without any hesitation, be it IAF or Navy besides IA. Bharpoor taqat se prahar hona chahiye. Chinese leadership kisi raham ke kaabil nahi hai.. Abhi jo hai jaisa hai jitna hai, usse hi ladna hai aur jeet hasil karni hai...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles