India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumata

Country flag
1000 pages but nothing in ground .
Policy paralyzed govt , backstabber opposition and noble chasing PM.

In last few weeks, we virtually lost any claim we had in between finger 4 and 8 region which we used to claim disputed. + Don't know what's the situation in galwan, where our biggest source are twitter account.

Hopefully there will be now atleast permanent military presence along every inch of LAC so that no further encroachment can happen . It's the least we can expect as I don't see this govt having any guts to raise up in escalation ladder.
Nothing is true except for in bold above. Take a break mate. you need it....

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well similar voices can be heard from current Trump administration also.

Methinks India has a genuine problem in Kashmir. But remember relations between nations are quite complex and are often driven by national security considerations.

If USA thinks it has no issue with China then sure we are knocking on the wrong door.

Without India, USA better say bye bye to Asia and be ready to play second fiddle to China.

Last edited:

Craigs

Country flag
Talk about an ostrich :doh::doh::doh:. How long will this “bury your head in the sand and pretend all is well” go on for. I think we are being prepared for capitulation by our political class by pretending that the occupied territories are not Indian land.
Is CWC paying well these days...........................?

JBH22

Talk about an ostrich :doh::doh::doh:. How long will this “bury your head in the sand and pretend all is well” go on for. I think we are being prepared for capitulation by our political class by pretending that the occupied territories are not Indian land.
Exactly it allows de escalation for both parties.
China build up troops to show it didn't lose face.
Having said that India has faced far more embarrassing moment Op parakram,26/11.
Question to be asked is are we going to revamp military into modern force or still a world war 2 type thinking. So many areas of improvement needed in manufacturing, cyber warfare, UAV, IaF modernisation. Luckily Navy has been the good kid.

Aniruddha Mulay

If it’s thrust upon us, we fight. Period. We understood the Chinese will not back down. But did not predict the earnestness with which they would act.
ruskies are not going to fast track s400.
No need for mediation from the ruskies. It’s clear which direction they are going in.
The chinks and the ruskies have successfully pushed India to the US👏👏.
If it’s a two front war, it’s a two front war. No other way to look at it.
Either way, we just blitzkrieg into Aksai chin and POK and defend AP and chickens neck. I see no other game plan to bring theminto the negotiating table. This will be fought Only by us And no one to support.
And if the US agrees to do something for India without any deal or ‘scratch my back bargaining’, then the most that they can do is cause trouble in SCS. Not even sure, if they will put the pressure on pak in case of a two front war. Although earlier today I did see the state department blasting the Paki state as supporting terrorism. That sort of the rherotic basically is the start of hostilities between a given country and the US.
Any of you have any other possible game plans for GOI?
Regarding S-400

garg_bharat

Country flag
It is not burying head in the sand. You get it wrong.

Yeh kushti ka dangal nahi hai.

You never rush into wars. As I said before, this is time for India to prepare itself.

There will be loss of territory. Since most people on this message board think war is some video game, they have no idea of reality.

I repeated multiple times that India does not want war. But it may be left with no choice.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But wait... wasn’t the s400 to originally start delivery by end of 2020. So where’s the speeding up part?
Dur to corona it was delayed to next year and after intervation it's again brought to this year

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yawnnn... wake me if the shooting starts. Most probably we will allow Russia to broker a solution .... and if we do unfortunately it will probably mean that we allow the Chinese to stay put in a large number of areas they have intruded in.

After all that happened, it would be really sad if we loose control of the entire Galwan valley though. From all that I have seen from the govt so far and the way it has been trying to portray that there have been no intrusions

Your positions is that intrusions have occurred and shooting should start. But intrusion had started in 1962 and continued thereafter. China has never missed an opportunity to pull down India in all fields. Tell me an year when intrusions did not take place. I do not recall even a single instance when fire started and Chinese were pushed back anywhere?

So what is so peculiar about instant case? Even if you call Finger area as intrusion it had started in 1999. The only difference is that this time around the Chinese have not gone back so far.

MEA and GoI always offered their posteriors to the Chinese who always enjoyed that. They understand it that this clash is about nationalism and Civilization.

I don’t think Our political leadership has the stomach to take on the Chinese. I wouldn’t entirely blame this govt though. All of our govts have pussy footed around the Chinese. Having said that, the PM might surprise us.
That is because of the Mogul Governance model of Delhi establishment who is more worried about extracting their taxation and annuity from states rather than insuring that the state ensures external sovereignty and territorial integrity/ The focus was centered around ensuring internal sovereignty in continuity and perpetuation of a particular kind of rule. That same mindset applied to Indian bureaucracy including Foreign Policy thekedars in Delhi who developed a foreign policy model to suit perpetuation and continuity of one party rule in Delhi.

Ensuring the territorial integrity of India so vital for a state to give expression to its sovereignty was never a priority. That is why the establishment developed a police model to ensure border security - as an easy way out.

It’s all very well for us armchair generals to say go to war. War is brutal and there is a price to pay. Unfortunately if we give in this time the Chinese won’t stop and will just keep on coming.

We should have foreseen his after Doklam. We were naive to think that the Chinese would take the Doklam humiliation sitting down.

So far from 5 May 2000 it is only the armchair generals of all hues that have gone berserk. Some of the retired fools speak on TV channels as if they were never ever able to speak in their life and they I know some who always failed in their IP (Instructional practices) tests while in service.

Some arm chair generals see this as opportunity to push Modi into meeting Nehru's fate at the hands of dragon. Others are keen to salvage Nehru through Modi. Yet some more are busy sabotaging even a speech of Modi.

There is no moment of enough is enough... that moment was 1962 and every intrusion thenceforth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles