Turkish defense industry news updates

Abdus Salem killed

@rodeo can you tell me more about what ships and submarines turkey actually has Wikipedia has future Turkish navy included i am not able to make out what's currently active

rodeo

Country flag
Yasar

Before you start blaming TEI with lying let’s get the facts straight.
TEI MD said that they have produced the core of a jet engine that leads the way to a turbofan. By producing the TS-1400 turbo shaft engine they have done exactly that. They have an indigenously designed and produced turbo shaft engine that works and is in integration stage to an indigenously produced “Gokbey“ multi purpose helicopter at the moment.
The TS-1400 is a radial flow turbo shaft engine. In order to try out the axial flow turbojet production, they produced the small TJ-300 turbojet engine that can power a medium range anti ship missile as an exercise of sorts. (This engine actually showed that it can lend itself quite well to practical applications.)
TEI also produces the T700 engine for the Blackhawk helicopters for Turkish defence forces. The hot sections and single crystal turbine blades of this engine is produced in house at TEI. It has more than 65% local production input.
TEI has the know how and expertise to produce turbofan engines. They have produced all the GE 110 engines used in Turkish and Egyptian F16 fighter jets. They do all the maintenance work on the F110-129 and F110-132 engines. TEI MD has openly stated that they can at TEI produce the F110 engine with over 50% local input level; with the rest being ancillaries that can be obtained from foreign sources.
There is a turbofan engine currently related to TEI (because of a patent application news has leaked) called TF6000. It has not been confirmed. But there are strong suggestions that this is an ongoing project at a very mature state.
Most of TEI’s indigenous work regarding Turkish military developments will never be published. They are not a university or a multinational engine design house that will publish their work for the benefit of their shareholders etc. Most of the work carried out is at ”state secret” level and under wraps due to foreign interference occurring in the recent months.
Back then TF6000 wasn't even officially confirmed but in June the company revealed the engine, said the design is complete and they started to build the first prototype. First run of the engine is to be done in January or February 2023.

From TEI's website,

Having implemented the project with its resources considering Türkiye's turbofan engine needs, TEI is developing the first indigenous turbofan engine, TEI-TF6000, with 6000 lbf dry thrust. The engine, designed to support afterburner version, will provide more thrust together with the afterburner.

The TEI-TF6000 Turbofan Engine and its derivatives to be developed from its core engine are available to be employed on various national platforms such as manned-unmanned warplanes, business jets, regional passenger planes, civil-military helicopters with 10-ton take-off weight, gunboats, and power plants.

With the TEI-TF6000 project, TEI aims at carrying out the design, development and manufacturing stages of the Turbofan Engine, accessory subsystems, fan module, variable fixed blade compressor, flow mixer exhaust, afterburner for the first time in Türkiye, and achieve ground breaking technology, local supplier industry companies, and experienced human resource in our country.
Technical Specifications
  • Dry thrust (SLS, ISA): 6.000 lbf
  • Dimensions: 860x1100x2250mm
  • By-pass Ratio (SLS, ISA): 1,08
  • Specific Fuel Consumption (lbf/lbs.h): 0,70
  • Configuration
    • Fan: 2 stage axial
    • Compressor: 6 stage axial
    • Turbine: 1 stage HPT - 1 stage LPT
    • Combustion Chamber: Through Flow

Abdus Salem killed

Back then TF6000 wasn't even officially confirmed but in June the company revealed the engine, said the design is complete and they started to build the first prototype. First run of the engine is to be done in January or February 2023.

From TEI's website,

Technical Specifications
  • Configuration
Intresting

Abdus Salem killed

From TEI's website,

Technical Specifications
  • Configuration
It will power the drone right stealth drone that will fly with tfx

Abdus Salem killed

From TEI's website,

Technical Specifications
  • Configuration
Can you tell me the naval make up of turkey what ships are in service and submarines

Abdus Salem killed

From TEI's website,

Technical Specifications
  • Configuration
Tell me about Turkish navy

rodeo

Country flag
Tell me about Turkish navy
That's a too broad question.

You could look at active ship fleet on wikipedia

A couple of keywords to search for,

Ada-class corvettes,
Istanbul-class frigates,
TF-2000 destroyers,
Amphibious assault ship(LHD)
MILDEN(National Submarine Program),
Reis-class submarines,
Preveze and Barbaros class submarine modernizations,
Various Unmanned Surface Vehicles(ULAQ, SALVO, SANCAR, ALBATROS, MIR)
TB3 and KIZILELMA drones on drone carriers

I didn't gave any info support vessels, FAC(fast attack craft), coastal security etc.

I would write a comprehensive piece about the subject if I have the time someday.

Abdus Salem killed

That's a too broad question.

You could look at active ship fleet on wikipedia

A couple of keywords to search for,

Ada-class corvettes,
Istanbul-class frigates,
TF-2000 destroyers,
Amphibious assault ship(LHD)
MILDEN(National Submarine Program),
Reis-class submarines,
Preveze and Barbaros class submarine modernizations,
Various Unmanned Surface Vehicles(ULAQ, SALVO, SANCAR, ALBATROS, MIR)
TB3 and KIZILELMA drones on drone carriers

I didn't gave any info support vessels, FAC(fast attack craft), coastal security etc.

I would write a comprehensive piece about the subject if I have the time someday.
Tell me about how many submarines you guys have and how many will be in service soon

Fatalis

Country flag
The development program of Turkish Navy is quite remarkable. They are planning to have following ships:
1. TF-2000 class destroyers - 07
2. I-class frigates - 04
3. Ada class corvettes - 04
4. Hisar class OPV - 10 (This OPV is heavily armed even more than the Ada class)
5. Reis class SSK - 06
6. MILDEN class SSK - 06
7. LHD - 02

Abdus Salem killed

The development program of Turkish Navy is quite remarkable. They are planning to have following ships:
2. I-class frigates - 04
4. Hisar class OPV - 10 (This OPV is heavily armed even more than the Ada class)
5. Reis class SSK - 06
6. MILDEN class SSK - 06
7. LHD - 02
That's it ?

Abdus Salem killed

2. I-class frigates - 04
5. Reis class SSK - 06
6. MILDEN class SSK - 06
7. LHD - 02
And these are not even in development yes ?
What's thier current fleet composed of how many submarines and warships don they have

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
2. I-class frigates - 04
5. Reis class SSK - 06
6. MILDEN class SSK - 06
7. LHD - 02
Remarkable indeed, they are planning a navy to compete with UK and France. Unfortunately, it is beyond their economic capabilities.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
2. I-class frigates - 04
5. Reis class SSK - 06
6. MILDEN class SSK - 06
7. LHD - 02
I see more and more similarities between Turkey and China :
- Fast improvement in weapons developpments and army strenght.
- A less and less democratic politic management.
These country will be the next potential opponents for the west. It's as 1 + 1 = 2.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Remarkable indeed, they are planning a navy to compete with UK and France. Unfortunately, it is beyond their economic capabilities.
Remarkable, yes. But lack of carrier, lack of nuclear subs, so 2nd rank as for now.
Instead of bread for people, Erdogan's way is to improve its army. Disturbing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles