INDIA ICC World Cup Champions. Congratulations India.

Who Do You Think Will Win The World Cup?

• Total voters

mayfair

On Twitter by one Tunku Varadarajan

Balaji Rao (of Canada, no less) to Umar Gul: "Tu g**nd maraa, b*h*nch*d." Wonderfully oxymoronic abuse
:becky:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Agree with DD. We are yet to chase. So if we win the toss, field first so that you get practice at this stage to test your skills chasing. Not that india has never done it before, but just to get into a groove in this tournament.

Zaki

Country flag
^^He did well in the warm-up match against Australia claiming 4 wickets. He adds variety to the bowling being a leg spinner while Harbhajan and Ashwin are off-spinners. I'm not defending Chawla here but he can be handy if the pitch is a turning track.
Well you must not take warm-up games seriously. Some of the players get lazy while others find an opportunity to perform and secure their place for official matches
Piyush Chawla is a must for the match against Ireland. I am sure he will bamboozle the Irish with his googly. It would be a mistake to not play him.
Match is over... Piyush Chalwa 56/0 after 8 overs

A leg spinner is a match winner. The guy has talent. one off match cannot be taken as the basis for judgement. See what Tahir Imran did for south africa. Leg spin is a difficult art, that is why so few have been successful. But those who bowl well always win matches.
Yes but a thinking leg-spinner. Chawla lose his confidence when somebody hit him a six. He gets under pressure very quickly and that is his weakest point.

Did you see today when he was throwing wides and no balls in the same over? that tells how weak he mentally is and that is the only reason why i believe he should not be in the final XI for this world cup. He might be talented but lose his nerves very quickly

mayfair

England-SA game was a thriller from a neutral perspective. A perfect advertisement for the game and a quintessential example of what a test match/one-day pitch should be like.

Awesome

Indian bowling needs work, if they go for big ones at any moment they would end up costing the match. Even against Ireland, Yuvraj saved the day. That won't happen repeatedly from an irregular bowler. Other than Zaheer, there is no consistency in the bowling.

Yeah batting is perhaps the strongest of all world cup teams. Dhoni is a very good captain and his mind would be working overtime to resolve this issue. Would be interesting to see what team plays against South Africa.

Oracle

Piyush Chawla should be dropped, 3 matches are enough to prove himself. Bowling department needs urgent attention. Gambhir should think a while, why is he getting out in the 30s? Yuvraj and Yusuf saved the day.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Wow Pak got whacked by Taylor. What a match in the final overs, the most explosive I have ever seen. And Pakistan has already crumbled with 6 wickets down and no even half way through.

Oracle

This match is out of Pakistan's hands, not even a miracle can help!

Blackwater

Pak thrashed in trash, their batting, fielding and bowling at some extent exposeddddddd

Blackwater

Indian bowling needs work, if they go for big ones at any moment they would end up costing the match. Even against Ireland, Yuvraj saved the day. That won't happen repeatedly from an irregular bowler. Other than Zaheer, there is no consistency in the bowling.

Yeah batting is perhaps the strongest of all world cup teams. Dhoni is a very good captain and his mind would be working overtime to resolve this issue. Would be interesting to see what team plays against South Africa.
Would you care to comment on your team (karkardgi). Would be appreciated in this forum unlike PDF....

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Ha ha ha ........I think pakistan needs some coaching on how to bat and make partnerships. Also the bowling needs Wasim Akram rather than Waqar Younis.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Devasating blow to the bowling of Shoaib Akthar - the Chucker

Last edited:

Zaki

Country flag
Would you care to comment on your team (karkardgi). Would be appreciated in this forum unlike PDF....
They aren't going that bad so far

yes NZ made 301 runs in the last match but that is not something unbelievable. Truly Taylor played extremely well and NZ is one of the best teams in the world. So thats acceptable

our batting is a bit matter of concern but the bowling department had just one bad day

PS: Taylor could never score like that had Kamran Akmal caught his catch at 0 and 4. he is the worst keeeper among test nations

smartindian

Country flag
They aren't going that bad so far

yes NZ made 301 runs in the last match but that is not something unbelievable. Truly Taylor played extremely well and NZ is one of the best teams in the world. So thats acceptable

our batting is a bit matter of concern but the bowling department had just one bad day

PS: Taylor could never score like that had Kamran Akmal caught his catch at 0 and 4. he is the worst keeeper among test nations
last 5 over cost pakistan 100run , i never seen a match where last 5 over go for so much . your bowling department also need some real work ,

SHASH2K2

India will not progress beyond the quarter-finals: Jeffrey Archer
Celebrated novelist and avid cricket fan Jeffrey Archer on Thursday joked that England will win the cricket World Cup in a keenly contested final against Ireland.

Archer, who was in the city for the launch of his latest book Only Time Will Tell, told mediapersons: "In this World Cup, the final will be played between England and Ireland and we will beat them in a keenly contested final."

Archer was seemingly poking fun at the English team which earlier lost to Ireland despite scoring 327 runs.

Initially livid at being asked if he was a cricket fan, Archer said: "Don't ask stupid things. I bet none of you here know that Sri Lanka has just
broken the record of the highest opening partnership in a World Cup in their match against Zimbabwe a few minutes ago."

He also predicted that India will not progress beyond the quarter-finals.

Archer, on his fourth visit to India, was asked whether he had plans to write a novel based on India.

"You will have to live here for a lifetime to feel the nuances, the customs, and religions. You can't get them in a week or month. They need to be inculcated naturally," he replied.

He was also critical of the Indian transport system.

"My latest ambition is to be the transport minister of India. I have been here (India) for the fourth time in a row and it (transport system) doesn't seem to change," he said.

He also said Kolkata was not moving at the same pace as some of the other Indian cities.

"Every single word of my work is hand written. I get pleasure and satisfaction on seeing that my whole work is handwritten. I am not going to change ever," he said.

He said his life was as unpredictable as his novels, but he was lucky to have led a "wonderful life". The novelist also revealed that he has an hourglass gifted by his wife which keeps him disciplined.

"Like you all, I am also very lazy and that hourglass of a thing keeps reminding me that I have to be disciplined, I cannot waste time lazing around," he said.

Only Time Will Tell is the first of a five-part series, The Clifton Chronicles, that spans a hundred years from 1920 to 2020, tracing the life of its protagonist Harry Clifton and the mystery surrounding his father's death.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Bangladesh are thrashing the England bowlers to boundries. England on the other hand have a small total to defend.

smartindian

Country flag
India will not progress beyond the quarter-finals: Jeffrey Archer
Celebrated novelist and avid cricket fan Jeffrey Archer on Thursday joked that England will win the cricket World Cup in a keenly contested final against Ireland.

Archer, who was in the city for the launch of his latest book Only Time Will Tell, told mediapersons: "In this World Cup, the final will be played between England and Ireland and we will beat them in a keenly contested final."

Archer was seemingly poking fun at the English team which earlier lost to Ireland despite scoring 327 runs.

Initially livid at being asked if he was a cricket fan, Archer said: "Don't ask stupid things. I bet none of you here know that Sri Lanka has just
broken the record of the highest opening partnership in a World Cup in their match against Zimbabwe a few minutes ago."

He also predicted that India will not progress beyond the quarter-finals.

Archer, on his fourth visit to India, was asked whether he had plans to write a novel based on India.

"You will have to live here for a lifetime to feel the nuances, the customs, and religions. You can't get them in a week or month. They need to be inculcated naturally," he replied.

He was also critical of the Indian transport system.

"My latest ambition is to be the transport minister of India. I have been here (India) for the fourth time in a row and it (transport system) doesn't seem to change," he said.

He also said Kolkata was not moving at the same pace as some of the other Indian cities.

"Every single word of my work is hand written. I get pleasure and satisfaction on seeing that my whole work is handwritten. I am not going to change ever," he said.

He said his life was as unpredictable as his novels, but he was lucky to have led a "wonderful life". The novelist also revealed that he has an hourglass gifted by his wife which keeps him disciplined.

"Like you all, I am also very lazy and that hourglass of a thing keeps reminding me that I have to be disciplined, I cannot waste time lazing around," he said.

Only Time Will Tell is the first of a five-part series, The Clifton Chronicles, that spans a hundred years from 1920 to 2020, tracing the life of its protagonist Harry Clifton and the mystery surrounding his father's death.

un fortunately for this idiot ,england will not reach quarter final , let alone wining the world cup . whenthey cannot win against menno like ireland bangladesh .expecting them to win the WC is day dreaming

SHASH2K2

un fortunately for this idiot ,england will not reach quarter final , let alone wining the world cup . whenthey cannot win against menno like ireland bangladesh .expecting them to win the WC is day dreaming
This Idiot will be running in some street with his tail between legs . Bangladesh Victory over England has shut mouth of many .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles