DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
on defence startups.

for now domestic defence industry is a just above one lakh crore, and there are only a few capex categories like drones and opticals where startups sell directly to forces, majority of them are suppliers competing with established players to the integrators like HAL, BDL, BEML BEML in DPSU and L&T, BF, TATA, GODREJ etc in private sector.

what ever sales that are happening directly to forces, they are happening purely because the current GoI is pushing forces to buy from startups. this is to say, there is still some time for this process to stabilise where forces show genuine interest in buying from industry.

and then comes the paradox, for a sensor from startup to go an equipment, it has to be part of the DRDO design, that too via tender process.

@Chinmoy are my statements valid?
All valid. Only I'd like to differ on the last part.

Even if the design is not from DRDO, then too it would go into equipment, provided it has undergone the proper certification. As of now, we do suck in certification part and we would have to accept it.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Wouldn’t it be difficult for a soldier to carry this BPJ and battle load on mountainous region or in the desert?why can’t they make PC’s and battle belt’s standard
We already have lost of new SMPP BPJs recently bought and shown in FINSAS program but they are too heavy,so soldiers refuse to wear them on OPs infact don't remember when was the last time I saw them actually wear those, soldiers would rather wear Chinese or local shitty vests with one plate at back then that heavy and uncomfortable, shit PCs should have been made standard instead of chasing BPJs but what can we do

Last edited:

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We already have lost of new SMPP BPJs recently bought and shown in FINSAS program but they are too heavy so soldiers refuse to wear them on OPs infact don't remember when was the last time I saw them actually wear those soldiers would rather wear Chinese or local shitty vests with one plate at back then that heavy and uncomfortable shit PCs should have been made standard instead of chasing BPJs but what can we do
Inshort we wasted more of tax payers money great to hear

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles