Status
Not open for further replies.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
For Dhanush Chanters,OFB Bubus and Indegenious soul Cry Babies

Delays hits production of Dhanush guns Published July 2, 2020

View attachment 51834

Covid outbreak has hit the supply of Dhanush 155x45mm artillery guns, the Indian version of Bofors, to the army. The weapon systems are being made at the Gun Carriage Factory (GCF), Jabalpur, in MP. The first batch of six guns was issued from the GCF in April 2019. This year the factory was supposed to supply another six to eight guns. However, no dispatch could happen as the Covid lockdown hampered operations at the factory.

It is learnt four guns are ready for issue after trials, but could not be delivered to the army due to logistics hurdles. Another batch has been built, but the trials could not happen on account of lockdown. The total supply of the Dhanush guns would still be short of equipping one full artillery regiment this year. Sources said after building the entire gun, each piece has to be proven fit for use after trials. The ranges are in other states and access to the area was not possible due to the lockdown. The ranges are located in two different corners of the country, they said.

After the factory reopened in June, the production process remains slow as workers have to follow Covid prevention standard operating procedure (SOP), a source said.

This coupled with procedural hurdles is expected to delay completion of entire project by one year. After the project was initiated in 2010 , Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) got a bulk production clearance to make the guns in 2019. The army has placed an indent for 114 Dhanush guns. The order is supposed to be completed in four years but it may now take five, said sources.

It is expected the current year’s batch may be delivered in a couple of months with delivery of the guns that have already been proven to happen before that. GCF will have to scale up its production to 50 guns a year from 2021 to meet targets. At present, the factory is operating at its optimum capacity. Much of the new machines have been procured and the process continues.

Though based on Swedish Bofors, Dhanush is an advanced weapon system with higher range and accuracy. It took a series of trials for the army to finally place an order for 114. The guns have fired 5,000 rounds during trials to get the final clearance. This was a record on its own.

The ordnance factories are also upgunning the existing 130 mm guns with the army to 155mm. This will help increasing their range. Named Sharang, the factory is supposed to deliver 300 guns. This project is also expected to be delayed by a year, said sources.

You go to Ladakh and Fight the battle. We will follow you after five years.

What it has to do with shipping of 6 howitzers which has been ready and for which proofing has taken place with all pre delivery inspection done?
In what interest will they hold back? In not for transportation issues due to CovID.
Don't be clouded in your judgement and stop looking at things objectively.

oh wise one, my sincere apologies. my humble gratitude fades in the light of your judgement and wisdom. if i may please seek thy forgiveness and merely request you to go and kindly read the post by badra before showing off your ocean like vast knowledge. it will be helpful for both of us.

me and badra took little courage and were discussing the constant delays of indigenous weapons specially dhanush guns over here.

if in your high wisdom if you choose to disagree, then please shed some light by providing facts instead of making singleton statements like "this forum is in decline becoz of this post" boo hoo.. don't be clouded in your judgement boo hoo ..

seriously, get real dude.
:facepalm:

ewok.sama.ji

Country flag
Okay, I'm really ignorant about this issue so can you help me a bit?

What is the reason for this bill? Was it a huge problem before? Is it too stock rare earth?
In Tamil nadu there are monazite rich sands. Monazite is the ore that contains Thorium, an important element that can be transmuted into U-233 in an appropriately designed nuclear reactor. This sand is smuggled to countries that have their own Thorium reactor programs like US and China.

We have a Thorium program, but it was stopped by MMS after the nuclear deal was signed. So we actually have the highest easily accessible Thorium reserves in the world, but we don't use them thanks to lack of technology and political will. We will keep importing phoren reactors and uranium from Canada to fuel them, while other countries get rich off of our natural resources.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You didn't read the full article.
""The guns fired 5000 rounds during trials to get clearance which is a record in itself". Do you think only the government gets the blame but officers in Armed forces are clean.
There is a long story of production of 155/45 gun from a blue print designs of 155/39. It was meant oe a demonstration of OFB capability forced on them. You do not how many rounds the OFB fired in pre trail period. the story of barrel bursts and ammunition burst... you are only looking at the figure of 5000 over three terrain types and two seasons... that is how Army carries out trails for all guns not only for Dhanush...

muralidon924

Country flag
In Tamil nadu there are monazite rich sands. Monazite is the ore that contains Thorium, an important element that can be transmuted into U-233 in an appropriately designed nuclear reactor. This sand is smuggled to countries that have their own Thorium reactor programs like US and China.

We have a Thorium program, but it was stopped by MMS after the nuclear deal was signed. So we actually have the highest easily accessible Thorium reserves in the world, but we don't use them thanks to lack of technology and political will. We will keep importing phoren reactors and uranium from Canada to fuel them, while other countries get rich off of our natural resources.
I think its in kerala not in tamil nadu

Cheran

Country flag

Kerala beaches also have good amounts of Monazite. It also used to be smuggled & used to make news, there were some investigations but no idea what became of it.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
My take the below.Only routine statement.

Boys are alert and no one can cast an evil eye on our soil. One inch of our soil is sacred and will teach a good lesson to anyone who cares us. Enemy has seen just the trailer of our valour on June 15/16.
Mood and approval ratings must be real low if he had to visit Leh for that.

ladder

Country flag
oh wise one, my sincere apologies. my humble gratitude fades in the light of your judgement and wisdom. if i may please seek thy forgiveness and merely request you to go and kindly read the post by badra before showing off your ocean like vast knowledge. it will be helpful for both of us.

me and badra took little courage and were discussing the constant delays of indigenous weapons specially dhanush guns over here.

if in your high wisdom if you choose to disagree, then please shed some light by providing facts instead of making singleton statements like "this forum is in decline of this post" boo hoo.. don't be clouded in your judgement boo hoo ..

seriously, get real dude.
:facepalm:
Didn't I write about the quality of this forum.

You are a prime example. Discus with Bhardradiot. Sure carry on.

I will not waste time on you. Had read that article within one hour of it being published. And was not waiting for it to be posted here to read.

You are the first one to go on my ignore list.

Had a nice time interacting with you. Good Luck Sir.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
For Dhanush Chanters,OFB Bubus and Indegenious soul Cry Babies

Delays hits production of Dhanush guns Published July 2, 2020

View attachment 51834

Covid outbreak has hit the supply of Dhanush 155x45mm artillery guns, the Indian version of Bofors, to the army. The weapon systems are being made at the Gun Carriage Factory (GCF), Jabalpur, in MP. The first batch of six guns was issued from the GCF in April 2019. This year the factory was supposed to supply another six to eight guns. However, no dispatch could happen as the Covid lockdown hampered operations at the factory.

It is learnt four guns are ready for issue after trials, but could not be delivered to the army due to logistics hurdles. Another batch has been built, but the trials could not happen on account of lockdown. The total supply of the Dhanush guns would still be short of equipping one full artillery regiment this year. Sources said after building the entire gun, each piece has to be proven fit for use after trials. The ranges are in other states and access to the area was not possible due to the lockdown. The ranges are located in two different corners of the country, they said.

After the factory reopened in June, the production process remains slow as workers have to follow Covid prevention standard operating procedure (SOP), a source said.

This coupled with procedural hurdles is expected to delay completion of entire project by one year. After the project was initiated in 2010 , Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) got a bulk production clearance to make the guns in 2019. The army has placed an indent for 114 Dhanush guns. The order is supposed to be completed in four years but it may now take five, said sources.

It is expected the current year’s batch may be delivered in a couple of months with delivery of the guns that have already been proven to happen before that. GCF will have to scale up its production to 50 guns a year from 2021 to meet targets. At present, the factory is operating at its optimum capacity. Much of the new machines have been procured and the process continues.

Though based on Swedish Bofors, Dhanush is an advanced weapon system with higher range and accuracy. It took a series of trials for the army to finally place an order for 114. The guns have fired 5,000 rounds during trials to get the final clearance. This was a record on its own.

The ordnance factories are also upgunning the existing 130 mm guns with the army to 155mm. This will help increasing their range. Named Sharang, the factory is supposed to deliver 300 guns. This project is also expected to be delayed by a year, said sources.

You go to Ladakh and Fight the battle. We will follow you after five years.

Whats stopping the 4 guns which have already completed trials from being delivered?

Sanatani

Country flag
There is a long story of production of 155/45 gun from a blue print designs of 155/39. It was meant oe a demonstration of OFB capability forced on them. You do not how many rounds the OFB fired in pre trail period. the story of barrel bursts and ammunition burst... you are only looking at the figure of 5000 over three terrain types and two seasons... that is how Army carries out trails for all guns not only for Dhanush...
I don't know much. I read articles and form my viewpoint. I may be wrong ,and if I am nothing can be better than it.
We all look at our defense forces with admiration and respect. If all these tests were for genuine reason than thanks to you for clearing my doubts.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Didn't I write about the quality of this forum.

You are a prime example. Discus with Bhardradiot. Sure carry on.

I will not waste time on you. Had read that article within one hour of it being published. And was not waiting for it to be posted here to read.

You are the first one to go on my ignore list.

Had a nice time interacting with you. Good Luck Sir.
okay, :lehappy:

i feel honored to be first on your ignore list.. :)i sincerely hope that i will be served well and you will provide good hospitality during my stay in your ignore list..
:truestory:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Can't expect better from professional lier. When your lie get caught you post such low quality post.

No wonder forum has gone to dogs for dogs like Bhadadiot wet every thread.
You belong to this category :

“I sit on a man's back choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that i am sorry for him and wish to lighten his load by all means possible....except by getting off his back.”

― Leo Tolstoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles