India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
I work in a corporatised PSU. Absolute shitty work culture. Management too scared to take on the Leftist trade unions. I'm sure Corporatisation of OFBs won't help.
It will be akin to throwing a lifeline to BSNL.
Shutter it down.
There are enough Pvt Companies who can absorb the technology without even asking.

IndianHawk

Country flag
See?

All the veterans who had been supporting him with absolutely blind faith feel orphaned today.

There will be another skirmish tomorrow.

More soldiers could die, more captives.

Will there be more barter trade?

First it was no bullets. Now POW's for land. The message going out since last night is very wrong and demoralizing. Nobody is demanding for a frontal attack, just make a stand and don't sell out.
Read my reply to his post. That's not how it works .

You guys don't even know the difference between IB and lac and are going into full blown meltdown?

IndianHawk

Country flag
For what purpose we have brahmos , nucleus missile, missiles, other things. If these things doesn't bring fear to our enemy than why waist tax payer money on these. Becoz enemy know india never will use these. Pak is really a failed state but he has gots guts to fight.
Why are you posting here if nothing works . Go home and sleep.

ladder

Country flag
stating the obvious, Looks like LAC is the new LOC for all practical purposes.
at this point in time, the biggest take away is that finally some country stood up to china militarily and made them bleed. CCP bots might try to project it as a insignificant event, but the fact is it happened for the first time in 40 years and their first attempt at taking on an actual military failed.

of course from now on, India as a country has to devote much attention to eastern front, and chinese salami slicing of our territory will intensify and we will be seeing similar events all across the border. They will deploy 2000-3000 troops in the background and send 200-300 to a fist fight.

Military fanboys better practicing yoga, you are gonna need it to calm your nerves for many years to come.
Dispersion at LoC for BSF is 20-22 Km per battalion, for IB is 32-35 Km per battalion. For SSB at Nepal Border is about 60-68 Km. The last is considered very lightly held. Think about it, if LAC becomes like Pre1999 (grabber-keeper) LoC atleast wrt claim lines, think how much troops Chin has to commit.
Currently it has placed about 2000 or so at Galwan and may be a little more at Panggong Tso. ( Acc to some sources). Strength at Hot springs, D plains are unknown to me. They have to keep troops at rear at Sumdo also. Even if you consider mobile reinforcement, they have to commit an ass load of troops all along LAC.

mokoman

Country flag
For what purpose we have brahmos , nucleus missile, missiles, other things. If these things doesn't bring fear to our enemy than why waist tax payer money on these. Becoz enemy know india never will use these. Pak is really a failed state but he has gots guts to fight.
They will be used against pak one day and we will take back POK . It will happen within 50 years .

Dambaru

Country flag
Yes, make a stand, that's is all we ask of you dear leader. Nehru sold my state in 1962, effectively abandoned it. Grew up listening to the grim tales from my parents, still a part of our folklore. Planning takes time, any hasty move will only play into their hands, we all understand it. I understand that we don't perhaps deserve every tidbit(as there are a lot of home grown traitors amongst us). Anyway, we have reposed our faith on you, and know that you are the only leader to have selflessly worked for our region.

cereal killer

Country flag
Pakistan does that because their mentality is like if we don't fight we will vanish. If similar mentality is adopted by our Janta & f***ing politicians leaving Gandhi principles aside then we will see a New aggressive India. At least kuch bomb blasts hi karwa do Tibetans se China mai kis liye paal rhe hai unko itne saal se :shoot: :mad2:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So I was reading about the 2018 incident on economic times and here is what I found.

Even areas along the banks of the Pangong Lake in Ladakh, where a clash between Indian and Chinese troops took place on August 15, are under dispute. The LAC passes through the lake, but India and China do not agree on its exact location. The mountains sloping on the banks of the lake form finger-like structures.

India controls area only up to ‘Finger 4’, which is a bone of contention between India and China as both claim it to be a part of their territory. Chinese border posts are at ‘Finger 8’.
On August 15, a joint patrol of Indian Army and ITBP personnel had prevented Chinese soldiers from moving beyond Finger 4. The Chinese soldiers left, but returned later with more people, carrying rods. They attacked the Indian soldiers, who retaliated. Besides scuffles, stone pelting also took place, leading to injuries on both sides.

What does mr modi have to say about this.
Difference this time is multiple "intrusions" along the 3000 km + nepal noise + heavy arty & tank deployment by Chinese, which started with the "kidnapping" of a main in arunachal pradesh . hence the alarm bells were ringing loudly this time, and treatment was different from us too.

Mikel

Country flag
Nucleus missile. Are you from Riyaz Naikoo school of education?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Dispersion at LoC for BSF is 20-22 Km per battalion, for IB is 32-35 Km per battalion. For SSB at Nepal Border is about 60-68 Km. The last is considered very lightly held. Think about it, if LAC becomes like Pre1999 (grabber-keeper) LoC atleast wrt claim lines, think how much troops Chin has to commit.
Currently it has placed about 2000 or so at Galwan and may be a little more at Panggong Tso. ( Acc to some sources). Strength at Hot springs, D plains are unknown to me. They have to keep troops at rear at Sumdo also. Even if you consider mobile reinforcement, they have to commit an ass load of troops all along LAC.
That's why Chinese were avoiding clash till now .
Defending tibet against aggressive India is absolute nightmare for them . They have to support atleast half a million force over 2000km supply lines in an area where nothing grows and even that is no guarantee of security. This will desimate all their dreams of modernizing plaaf and plan by thining plagf.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Not a defence expert, but in my opinion, we should wait more and see the actions of the govt. At least till now, this govt. has delivered every time in similar situations. Dokhlam, Uri, Balakot, 370 etc. which were unthinkable in previous regimes. They deserve more time. Actions speak louder than words. Especially in Indian context where most of the media is sold out.
Also, I think Modi's words were referring to Galwan valley, not the whole LAC. He is not a guy who would give up on Aksai or other Chinese encroached areas.
People have short memory. Modi can die for nation today within a week they will forget whatever he did for nation.
Such is life. There are same people who call for immediate action on forums but will come up with thousands excuse to not give up Chinese shits immediately. Lmao.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I Dont think so IA will go for an all out war anytime soon, despite knowing that PLA has made intrusions for almost a month, but if IA is planning a limited war at LAC a well planned and coordinated attack would be required, today's statement by the PM sounded like Anwar Sadat Brinkmanship during the 1973 Yum Kippr War which helped the EA to push beyond Suez canal by creating confusion in the mind of the adversaries which helped during the initial phase of the war under the codename operation badr, no war could be won without carefull planning or we could repeat the same blunder during the initial stages of 1999 Kargil war until the successive of tololing ? Please ingore my clumsiness I am new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles