India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Country flag
:facepalm:

Just don't believe posts blindly , use own head and decide

Bridges are rated for tonnage , only bridges which are certified for tank movement of corresponding tonnage are used to move corresponding tanks

Only a fool will think of moving a tank weighing 50 tons over a bridge rated below 50 tons .

The bridge collapsed most probably because the total tonnage was more than the rated tonnage of the bridge . Also bridges need to be checked over a period of time for fatigue and deterioration and remedial measures undertaken or forbidden for usage except for light loads only .
That is he whole problem..
90 per cent of Indian bridges specailly in border areas in class 40 - that is 40 ton bridge ..
Arjun is 68 ton...

So the story is - take my tank and change all bridges worth billions of dollars..
change raods, change vehicles to tow those tanks, change ARV, Change comat bridges, ..... if nothing works then General is chor... bloody lumpens..

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
yes but your enemy gets equal time to do that. I don’t see where the advantage is
After all they would also take some time the chin's have to travel a great distance and they could be rehearsing and war gaming in mean time also they could be waiting for august or october there could be many factor not just one remember Kargil early phase was not well prepared or equipped and without rt support in that kind of altitude you really needs acclimation to well perform and we hardly know what is cooking in their brains correct me if I am wrong as always

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
90 per cent of Indian bridges specailly in border areas in class 40 - that is 40 ton bridge ..
Arjun is 68 ton...

So the story is - take my tank and change all bridges worth billions of dollars..
change raods, change vehicles to tow those tanks, change ARV, Change comat bridges, ..... if nothing works then General is chor... bloody lumpens..
super hercules can be used to carry the tanks in.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Arjun is 68 ton...

Is this a joke Arjun is overweight but it was never supposed to be 40t even when army agreed with concept.

Bhadra

Country flag
Not quite sure where Bisa cane bridge is. A road was built till bidak few kilometers south of maja. May be its along the patrol routes ahead of Maja. I know of two post ahead of Taksing on the subansiri side. Ghore and cowshed post also Lung op. Lung is a chinese post as well so not sure but I saw few tenders floated by ITBP few years back for construction of MI room in Lung fwd post. A brigade was moved into this area after the raising of 56 inf div. Areas ahead of taksing witnesses a lot of transgressions from the PLA.
Do not name formations...
The LC is not Maza but about ten km from Maza. Roads and bridges rare coming up ...
Wearlier Assam Rifles was there and they look like locals because half of them are Gorks and the other half used to be locals..

I pity ITBP.... imagine a constable from Tuticorin at Maza doing ille pille..

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Yes, but we don't intend to have Junagarh fort there. Our objective is to get them to fuck off behind F8.
So if we don't have an Junagarh fort how are we supposed to occupy F4-8 with less men? Artillery in the mountains will be less than accurate due to mountain geography. How many artillery we have even moved there?

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
That gives rise to another question: Will Area Denial be a better strategy than trying to hold on to something at least until India achieves clear air superiority?
If you ask me holding another area of significance along any point in 4000km of the border to negotiate is the best way. Pangong lake is not an strategic area to lose blood over. Chinese nor Indians can deploy manpower to all points in the border.

Bhadra

Country flag
That gives rise to another question: Will Area Denial be a better strategy than trying to hold on to something at least until India achieves clear air superiority?
you mean go there for crap...
Area denial....:pound:

freethinker777

Country flag
Yeah, these kind of bridges are not meant to support much load. And Uttarakhand is littered with such bridges.
Army engineering corps should be prepared for quick construction of such bridges. Army can procure basic structures in Mass quantity which can be assembled in a short span of time. Private sector players can be drawn in for this. There are many companies like megamet engineers , L and T and many more which have expertise in making these. They export to foreign countries. They can make for our country in short span. All eventualities have to be factored in , in case of war.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
China has to create the narrative to do a preemptive strike for international audiences otherwise it will be treated as a rouge country and Modi has outsmarted them on this.
Let me give you an insight about current geo-political situation, even if India goes in and Carpet Bombs Chinese cities, International community will only Blame China and not India. That is the level or position of CCP / China. International community is waiting for someone else to do their job and finish CCP / Communists everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles