India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
I think India should at least get Mirage 2000s from France.

I would celebrate if India could get 100-150 F-16 from USA even if used. (With weapons).
Ordering more Rafales would appear to be a more lucrative+pragmatic bet than upgrading French M2K to current AF configuration(new engines), unless the French are willing to give them away for free with weapons.

Mikesingh

Country flag
Chalo der aayae Durust aye...

Any ITBP man here ? Tell us whether ITBP remains in Ladakh only or withdrawn to Chandigarh ?
What is the new arrangement ??
They'll be put under command. To secure logistic bases, VAs/VPs like bridges etc.

TheMayank

Country flag
Yeah

Doklam
Surgical Strikes
Air Strikes

Last time I remember in 2013 they were 19 km inside our territory.... No matter how many old tweets you copy... He is 100 times better then Congress.

Sorry to make political comments on this thread but a lot of posts should have moved to political section.
My post was only about that political leaders in opposition will react, question or attack the ruling party over border issues and that's pretty normal. It happened in past and is happening now.

garg_bharat

Country flag

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Is this MOU available in public domain?
Nope. That is the biggest mystery. Only this photo and this news article. Immediately after 2008, Chinese transgressions increased manifold!

https://www.indiatoday.in/latest-he...ese-communist-party-sign-mou-28102-2008-08-07

My Dad went to Sikkim and China border in early 2000s and it was absolutely peaceful then. He even exchanged notes with a Chinese Soldier.

It is almost like the INC gave the go ahead to all of this crap.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Guys yesterday I told you we have won haji pir
I can confirm that 100 percent today
Whether it gets acknowledged at this moment, I cant say
But we have closed a major infiltration route forever.

Also make no mistake
chinese are in for salami slicing

Jai hind
If we LAC as active as LOC , Chinese will run away soon

TheMayank

Country flag
OIC's sham contact group on J&K to hold an emergency meet on Kashmir on Monday. Despite huge efforts by Pak, 52 out of 57 OIC members have refused to be a part of this clown show. Membership of this group stuck at 5 for 15 years.

Pakistan, Turkey. Who are the other three?

tigerhill

Country flag
If we LAC as active as LOC , Chinese will run away soon
That wont happen
Things take time
The LOC has been hot for 5 years now
There has been extensive artillery shelling for years
And important strategic posts were already being won
So this is but a continuation of that

For the LAC, the most important objective is to first ensure the CPEC Is a non starter
Apart from this
Tactical salami slicing will begin slowly
We will significantly gain in the next 5 years territory lost post 1962

But it is good to see that the public mentality has changed forever
What is essential now is to build on our manufacturing capabiities

Bhadra

Country flag
View attachment 50839

People missed some crucial takeaways from this image, this is indeed the clearest and latest image of PP14 after the clash. (my observations marked in green).
  • To my sheer amazement, India seems to have created a makeshift motorable road directly till PP14. We can see trucks being able to move to that point. This will help massively in troop reinforcement.
    Mind it this is no small feat, creating motorable road on river bank filled with huge boulders in such a short time period.
  • (Green circle) We seem to have dammed & culverted the Galwan river for vehicle passing. This will help tremendously in case China releases large amount of water and tries to wash down our positions downward.
  • (Green arrows) Really interesting, temporary stone walls/barricades? Seems like both China & India have dug in.
  • Not much Indian footprint on PP14, I think this is agreed upon. Also, PP14 is a very vulnerable position for India because we are practically surrounded by ~90deg straight walls and if Galwan river is to swell, this will wash our troops/positions down.
Call it IA Engineers good work.
The last point is most important.
These mountain rivers can swell without any warring due too heavy rains or cloud bursts or some glacial lake bursting out. Then the current is so powerful that it can sweep structures and tents in no time.

However, the Chinese are also in the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles