India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Historian

Hello from the United States, DFI! This is my first post. I came to this forum after reading about the battle in the Galvan Valley this week. I have a few questions and comments.

First, the words "Line of Actual Control" are by definition fluid and not agreed upon. "Actual control" means one side has people and buildings there to guard it. Empty land cannot be "actually controlled". The lines I see on Google Earth seem to be arbitary. It's disingenous for each side to accuse the other of crossing an imaginary line that has neither been agreed upon nor marked. If one side moves its forces around the region the line of actual control changes to where the new forces are. You can't go "back" to the line of actual control unless you qualify it with a date, eg. the line of actual control on Jan. 1, 2020.

Second, since India claims Aksai Chin, India could send its troops deep into that region and still claim legal standing as such a move would be legal under Indian law. When China says it claims all of the Galvan valley, that's nothing new, right? They've been claiming that part of the Himalayas since 1950. So China feels it can move its forces around the Galvan valley at will. How do other countries view the territorial disputes? Maps published in the United States show the borders of India, Pakistan, and China based on where the armies stand today but those borders, as stated above, are fluid, not agreed upon, and largely unmarked. Do maps published in India show all of Kashmir, Jammu, Ladakh, and Aksai Chin as part of India?

Third, I hope Indians continue to cherish their democracy and open society. They are some of the the best, most admirable features of modern India. We are seeing around the world how fragile democracy and social freedoms are so please guard against calls to put the military in charge. Pakistan put their army in charge of government and it was a disaster. I feel that India is a natural friend and ally to the rest of the democratic world and America can be India's best friend because of it.

Last edited:

Hijibiji

Country flag
Hello from the United States, DFI! This is my first post. I came to this forum after reading about the battle in the Galvan Valley this week. I have a few questions and comments.

First, the words "Line of Actual Control" are by definition fluid and not agreed upon. "Actual control" means one side has people and buildings there to guard it. Empty land cannot be "actually controlled". The lines I see on Google Earth seem to be arbitary. It's disingenous for each side to accuse the other of crossing an imaginary line that has neither been agreed upon nor marked. If one side moves its forces around the region the line of actual control changes to where the new forces are. You can't go "back" to the line of actual control unless you qualify it with a date, eg. the line of actual control on Jan. 1, 2020.

Second, since India claims Aksai Chin, India could send its troops deep into that region and still claim legal justification. China could do the same for the territories it claims but does not yet have a physical presence. When China says it claims all of the Galvan valley, that's nothing new, right? They've been claiming that part of the Himalayas since 1950. How do other countries view the territorial disputes? Maps published in the United States show the borders of India, Pakistan, and China based on where the armies stand today but those borders, as stated above, are fluid, not agreed upon, and largely unmarked. Do maps published in India show all of Kashmir, Jammu, Ladakh, and Aksai Chin as part of India?

Third, Indians, cherish your democracy and open society. They are some of the the best, most admirable features of modern India. We are seeing around the world how fragile democracy and social freedoms are so please guard against calls to put the military in charge. I feel that India is a natural friend and ally to the rest of the democratic world and America can be India's best friend because of it.
Yes. :)

captscooby81

Country flag
Problem today with media in our country is most journos are associated with someone or have some connections

Ajay covered kargil really well as journo , But problem comes with these journo is out of 10 tweets they put about defence they also put another 10 tweets about politics , He may be raising a genuinely issue about LAC but when he used words like bhakts and bla bla in same tweet people simply stop buying his point and start attacking him . today most journo's have been designated into certain camp so even if they scream their lungs out no one is going to buy their points

Vishnu looks far better guy when it comes to covering defence realted topics

ajai shukla is a vermin, the ecosystem has propped him as some big shot army guy who knows everything.

He is clearly on congress payroll, i respect if u raise valid question but ye banda full nautanki h

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Hellfire

Some things has been making you angry about the 2 month scenario of indo china stand off

Can you lay down your angry in point wise

If you have already did it then don't do it as I have joined recently and will back check it

IndianHawk

Country flag
When China says it claims all of the Galvan valley, that's nothing new, right? They've been claiming that part of the Himalayas since 1950.
No this part is incorrect. China previously only claimed eastern part of galwan valley.
The claim of whole galwan valley is brand new invention by Chinese. On par with their habit of manufacturing claims of course.

AmitG

Country flag
Gurkhas can create havoc in any battle field. May be Nihangs or Kalaripayattu folks can be also called in as they don't have much to do. They used to be Army of ancient times. They are still one of the few who are trained in stick/swords. Though I know IA trains in basic hand combat but after this type of unconventional fight they can get some training specially in Krav Maga .

Chini cowards are NOT a professional Army and want to fight like some street level pre-medieval stone age mafia.

Respect and salute to those Indian soldiers :namaste: who fought and beat back Chini even when they got outnumbered 1:5

View attachment 50761
Indian army is very well trained in modern military martial arts thank you. Kung Fu is crap against modern martial arts. Go on you tube and you will find dozens of videos of so called Kung fu masters hitting the ground within half a minute against an MMA fighter. The Indian army trains in various practical martial arts. Not many know this but the Indian army is one of the few that has its own martial art which was developed by a doctor couple.

Sehwag213

Country flag
@Hellfire

Some things has been making you angry about the 2 month scenario of indo china stand off

Can you lay down your angry in point wise

If you have already did it then don't do it as I have joined recently and will back check it
I think he is angry because we should have not allowed China to build up between finger 4 and finger 8. And this was the responsibility of ITBP which comes under home minister.

Hijibiji

Country flag
No this part is incorrect. China previously only claimed eastern part of galwan valley.
The claim of whole galwan valley is brand new invention by Chinese. On par with their habit of manufacturing claims of course.
China claims whole USA too. Because apparently a chinese sailor sailed around USA before Columbus reached there. what is @Historian 's view on that?

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For china the meaning of LAC is not Line of actual control it is line of aggression of china

IndianHawk

Country flag
Problem today with media in our country is most journos are associated with someone or have some connections

Ajay covered kargil really well as journo , But problem comes with these journo is out of 10 tweets they put about defence they also put another 10 tweets about politics , He may be raising a genuinely issue about LAC but when he used words like bhakts and bla bla in same tweet people simply stop buying his point and start attacking him . today most journo's have been designated into certain camp so even if they scream their lungs out no one is going to buy their points

Vishnu looks far better guy when it comes to covering defence realted topics
Also now that journalist Don't have monopoly today on news . So their claims are checked in real time online and many fail that test and get discredited.

Shukla claimed 10k Chinese we inside Indian lac and yet not a single satellite image backed that. No proof was made available. So he got caught.

Camps are one problem actual lying is much bigger issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles