India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
but won't they be sitting ducks for air force in winters
let's leave these things to professionals.
In my view only thing civilians need to know is that, PLA has come here as per plans drawn out by them decades ago. it is safe to say they would have war-gamed every possible eventuality.
Armies don't jump in blind.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
let's leave these things to professionals.
In my view only thing civilians need to know is that, PLA has come here as per plans drawn out by them decades ago. it is safe to say they would have war-gamed every possible eventuality.
Armies don't jump in blind.
Few days back entire Ladhakh huge model by PLA was revealed... they've studied and pre planned well and moving accordingly.

vineet23

Country flag
Look at the thought process of a former foreign secretary

No wonder we were always on a backfoot with such people in leading positions of power

All tweets

Analyzing PM’s statement of yesterday:
Government has taken realistic view of constraints emanating from asymmetry of power with China . It is also reading the Chinese reaction to J&K reorganization more seriously than before and trying to calm situation along LAC/staunch Galwan

Question:will same approach apply to Pangong Tso or Depsang?Possibly.We may be witnessing shift to a less rigid approach on LAC differences with China in the interest of peace &tranquility so that our internal balancing at a time of the many challenges we face is not disturbed.

If this means that there is also growing political will within Government to push for an early border settlement with China I think that is an interesting development &need not be opposed.The question is how we resolve issue of the Chinese attitude on McMahon Line and Tawang.

I hope bottom line is that we act with sense of responsibility & total awareness of wages extracted by war and conflict and with realization that our differences with China have dragged on for far too long. Rhetoric needs to be set aside/we must calibrate our steps carefully.
whatever happens now, reorganization of IAS and IPS should be done on war footing after the war.

ladder

Country flag
Something for experts.
One veteran wanted to rename ITBP as BSF ( mountains) to demonstrate to Chene that we harbour no ill intension towards Tibet. And as we have accepted that Tibet is a part of China.
Second Gentleman wanted to reduce man power at LAC as CBM, as we can effectively keep an eye on LAC through satellite, drones and ground based sensors.
Somebody must have suggested Joint patrols with PLA.

So, GoI gets all sorts of suggestions, which to follow is their prerogative.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Am talking about current pressing needs

In future ofb ke gan me lath

Shift ammo prod completely to Pvt sector in future
Current situation looks bleak but still if we assume we are going to war in November or December than that should be enough time to pack up for the short term.
Its hard to say tho we hardly do war simulation and Feasibility study like the Americans do.
The Muricans have a simulation where they test out capability of their MIC for maximum load, they are true war hawks.

I disagree a bit on your second point tho we need 20 to 30% PSU and rest PVT in ever field, specially in terms of Defense.

I don't trust companies like Tata and Reliance they are sitting on too much.
I'm all for raising new defense companies from the scratch. A future where the arms and ammunition looks like this is my Ideal situation

meta-chart.png

Niks_12

Country flag
In all of these, Defence production and industrialization have to be the savior. It was the US Defence industry that won WW2 against superior weapons from the Japanese and the Germans. The Japanese silently conceded that they couldn’t match the industrial capacity of the US. For scale, by the end of WW2 US had produced 300k planes vs the 3k they had before the war.

We need to get moving ASAP.

captscooby81

Country flag
Su30 MKI has to be built here in HAL only which will take 1 year. May be those mothballed Mig-29k Fulcrum can come from russia . Seriously enough of these crap russian fighters instead of buying 1 Sqd of Su30 and 2 Sqd of Mig29k buy 1 Sqd of Rafale . What we need is Multirole tactical figher not some dumb bomb trucks . We don't have missiles for the Su30mki we have no AESA no MAWS . just buy Rafale or else ask french to lease 36 Rafale from their airforce now .

Will they be manufactured by HAL or Russia?

Niks_12

Country flag
I hope we have increased forward deployment in AP Sikkim proactively

Incase shit hits the fan in Ladakh or Chinese open a new front in the NE we can counter them proactively and not get caught napping
Su30 MKI has to be built here in HAL only which will take 1 year. May be those mothballed Mig-29k Fulcrum can come from russia . Seriously enough of these crap russian fighters instead of buying 1 Sqd of Su30 and 2 Sqd of Mig29k buy 1 Sqd of Rafale . What we need is Multirole tactical figher not some dumb bomb trucks . We don't have missiles for the Su30mki we have no AESA no MAWS . just buy Rafale or else ask french to lease 36 Rafale from their airforce now .
We need to churn our own hardware like pancakes. This is THE moment to crack the whip and get our collective capacity and intellect to use. If we can successfully build our own industry out of this war, there is no looking back.

Bhadra

Country flag
Two Scions of two former Chiefs of Army Staff (Of course both controversial Congress Party loyalists) discuss present China stand off and try to mock Modi in their Oxan English with some disdain on their expressions as also talk.

How deep is the rot of Family loyalty prejudices existing in India specially among so called elites is just amazing.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well it is becoming clear that Chinese are putting pressure on the entire stretch of border. This is what I was alluding to this is real SHTF situation.

Let us see where it goes from here.

My request again is to support your army and your country no matter what; and refrain from humiliating defence forces or government.

Remember jawan is specially sensitive to criticism. Our backbone is jawan.

Akula

Country flag
Indo China war in 1962 was fought in Sept Oct window. I think future clashes will occur in this time frame as well.
It was a perfect time for them to attack us in 1962. After October mountains will be filled with snow and we will not be able to counterattack. I think(if I am correct)Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw also planned attack on East Pakistan after Monsoon and during winter, keeping in mind the same reason of snow capped mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles