India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Never forget the role of Gen. Thapar and VK Menon during 1962 war, they partically sabotaged the war efforts. Both were blue eyed boys of Nehru / Congress. Imagine, now congress / communists are not in power and what their lackies both retired and so called experts (on payrolls of commies and petrodollars) would do to make our build-up look weak & demoralise to favour their top masters sitting abroad!

scatterStorm

Country flag
I feel like amassing troops at the LAC is to deter the Chinese and eliminate the threat at LOC once and for all. What are our capabilities in winter on both fronts, LAC and LOC?

Is a speedy, heavy mobilization against Pakistan possible in winter?

Also, could China effectively intervene in winter to save it's slave nation?
Not possible, for both sides. It's becomes a no mans land. Yes you can drop few troops with Rashan and all but that's it. If troops will stay then, only few in watchtower mode.

Tanmay

Country flag
Clarification on PM's statement from All Party Meet (APM) - espc. see the screenshot attached. Should clear things for those who were losing their shit about Aksai Chin and other occupied territories being "given up."

View attachment 50726

BREAKING: Statement from
@PMOIndia
to clarify yesterday's statement:
Sir, unambiguity is foremost. Especially in a fluid situation with conflict. Clear concise words should be used everytime.

This Siachen ambguity is still used till this day to conitune with rona dhona and marking territory as disputed.

The genesis of the Siachen dispute lies in the 1949 Karachi Agreement. Signed to end the 1947-48 Indo-Pakistan war over Kashmir, it had clearly demarcated the Ceasefire Line (CFL) in Kashmir up to map coordinate NJ-9842 — but mentioned, indistinctly, that the CFL ran “… thence north to the glaciers.” After the 1972 Indo-Pak War, the CFL was converted into the Line of Control (LoC) — but the ambiguity on the boundary beyond NJ-9842 continued. India is of the view that “thence north to the glaciers” correctly implies “to Siachen”, which is due north of NJ-9842.

scatterStorm

Country flag
If I remember properly after the war they PLAGF dismantled the post of the Indian army it had captured during the war and basically it was no man's land as I was told by my grandfather.
Somebody wrote in here, and the quint journo has already mentioned, they do this to decrease spending and give message that you are not up to our ante and we can come by anytime to throw you off from our land.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I hope we have increased forward deployment in AP Sikkim proactively

Incase shit hits the fan in Ladakh or Chinese open a new front in the NE we can counter them proactively and not get caught napping
Somebody wrote here we have 3 Corps already defending it. I think that's already an overkill.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Utube bhai go to sleep, else you are welcome to do kamikaze on bat eaters yourself.
i am monitoring this thread for past 5 hours.. all we are taking about is kamakazi, modi, shuhua milk and bihar cow milk etc...when actually i am waiting for retaliation news :facepalm:

Hijibiji

Country flag
Indian Army is recruited based on average recruitable male population of a state. It is not that Bengalis are not there in the Army. Yes There is no Bangal Regiment and there never was. Bengal army meant Army of Bengal Presidency.

Bengalies are there as drivers, cooks, mechanics, in Corps of Ordinnces and mostly in Medical corps and babus. Lots of Bengali officers..

Bengalis do not make good soldiers, they make good generals.
Of course Bengalis can be the best cooks in the world because they have the best cuisine in the world.
They are great drivers too.
They are great at Mechanics too!

They are great at other things too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_Engineer_Group

And Bengalis play football (Winners:32, Runners: 13):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santosh_Trophy

Baki history of modern India (including military things etc) have inheritance from British era policies and decisions followed by 70 years of you-know-what, so that is another thread, another discussion :)

aerokan

Country flag
Good observations and understanding of the problem.

Modi's statement will be used by China in future discussion about ditermination of LAC. China will now insist that their position as on 30 Apr 20 has been accepted as LAC.
But is there anything wrong in that ? As per our (MEA's ) perceptions that indeed is LAC,
In so far as the future boundary question is concerned, article six of BPTA says that the question of determination of LAC will not prejudice determination of boundary in future.
That way it is a safe position.
I will try to reduce confusion by giving an example. Let's say India claims from 0->100 on the graph for border but we have only claim till 0->75 for LAC. China likewise claims 100->0 for border and 100->25 for LAC. In this case... when they try to define LAC.. both will finally settle at 50 based on mutually accepted solution.

Now since modi said there is no incursion.. Indian LAC claim came down from 0-75 to 0-50. China hasn't done so.. so Chinese claim is still 100-25 for LAC. Mutually acceptable solution is somewhere around 37 on the graph instead of 50.

When the border settlement time comes.. nobody will say let's go back and start from the scratch even though they can. Our negotiation starts from +37 points and their negotiation starts from +63 points. not from 50/50. So whatever is beneficial.. China will take that. When we give away anything we have to account for weak PM scenarios as well. Chinese suffer from small d**k syndrome which is visible in their negotiations. After sometime.. people who negotiated will die off and only the documents will remain and at best interpretations of what might have happened.

About your last question - Rahul and Sonia , Congress stooges have no right to ask about how much territory lost? With what face do they ask such questions? The country of course has the right to ask any thing from their PM. But here again why is any one ask Modi only? Why did they not ask MMS, Sonia and Antony... That makes their sincerity questionable .
I don't know what this is. I am totally lost. I was being sarcastic there when asked where everyone is before.
Everyone including Rahul, Sonia and Congressis have a right to ask. Just like Modi had the right to ask when in opposition. Before we saw khangressi chamchas in UPA1/2 regime and now we are seeing Modi chamchas in UPA-3/4 regimes trying to silence opposition saying nasty things.. Then we are called religious fanatics by congress supporters and now we are called trolls and congressis by Modi supporters. But nobody called us desh bhakts. We asked questions to them too.. not just Modi. And we rooted and fought for Modi (including yours truly) when most of the people are Rahul supporters.

I request everyone to judge a post by it's merit and not by who posted it or who they support or oppose for every single post. And please stop calling troll on everyone who disagree with your opinion (not directed to you specifically).

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Somebody wrote here we have 3 Corps already defending it. I think that's already an overkill.
We had four conflict one war with chini this could be another war every time we had opportunity to escalate but every time we lost the opportunity window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles