India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
North Korea may not have more than 10kt. If it had, South would be paying hafta to it dutifully.
Its recorded Yield verified by US intelligence
Japanese intelligence and

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@hit&run Found this old thread.
any opinions on whether expectations have been met, based on points identified in 2013?

Country flag
I watched a few videos about colleges in Pakistan. Their best colleges are similar to our third-rung colleges. Pakistan in general is not a country that can generate a lot of profit for any foreign investor.

Chinese are in Pakistan due to strategic reasons (primarily to box in India).
They wanted access to Arabian sea/persian gulf and middle east.

cereal killer

Country flag
:lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

i personally believe that after demise of sardar patel, india has a strong leader in modi.
one thing i like about modi is he had courage and guts to demolish article 370 making INDIA into one nation again.. for this alone all congress nethas needs to drink modi's piss one cup in morning and one cup in evening so that they can grow a pair of these

View attachment 52351

i also love Gandhian and Nehru family and of course the rahul gandhi.. lets debate in another thread..
Tbh Sardar Patel never had the absolute power as good as he was, man was older than Nehru & lived a healthy life of 75 years, one of the reasons Nehru was chosen & he died in 1950. So Nehru was bound to be PM sooner than later anyways. Also Nehru was more renowned around the world & that made unification little easier as well. Modi is surely one of the best we've had ever. This Bajpayee, UPA 1 & 2 have damaged the nation so much that it will take some doing to get the core of the nation strong. Modi is the right man no doubt to do this job.

Country flag

mokoman

Country flag
It depends. If North Korea has a small number of nukes with low yields, then it is of no big concern to the USA.
And Japan and South Korea staying in American orbit is big payoff.

Methinks North Korea is mostly hype at this point. Most of its weapons (including nukes) are duds.

This is why Trump is so cool with North.

Pay attention to Iran and China. These are the spots of trouble.
North Korea is a big headache to US even without nukes

They have about 10000 artillery guns placed against Seoul , they can flatten the city within an hour .

The there is the annual shooting ballistic missiles over japan thing.

There were unannounced US - China talks last month.US wants China to push North Korea to negotiate , nothing came out of it , which is why there is 2 carriers in south china sea now .

An_indian_

Country flag
Ok i have question pls try to answer with calm mind, if china is bigger power, occasional land graber, our primary rival and pakistan is only its proxy to contain india, then why we are so hellbent on our enemity with pakistan.... Yes they send terrorists but that is a kind of proxy war and china is the main military threst to india. Why not make peace with pakistan, even if temporary, how keeping loc hot benefit us?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Ok i have question pls try to answer with calm mind, if china is bigger power, occasional land graber, our primary rival and pakistan is only its proxy to contain india, then why we are so hellbent on our enemity with pakistan.... Yes they send terrorists but that is a kind of proxy war and china is the main military threst to india. Why not make peace with pakistan, even if temporary, how keeping loc hot benefit us?
What made you think Pakistan wants peace?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@hit&run Found this old thread.
any opinions on whether expectations have been met, based on points identified in 2013?
Oh thanks for resurrecting that old thread.

Following was the post I talked about 2 days back.

According to Abhijit Iyer Mitra Modi 2.0 has been exceptionally fast on infrastructure projects along LAC. People do not follow the beat but I can count few news pieces where Modi himself has inaugurated key strategic bridges and tunnels etc.

The focus on North East has been unprecedented. Connectivity to neglected and difficult terrain is always slow and daunting at the start but once basic connections are made the scope of exponential growth sets in.

It will be worth investing time to compile a list of infrastructure project completed and contemplated by Modi governments to make strategic sense out it.

I still remember the time when Congress-I apologists will take proud in poor infrastructure as blessing in disguise because it will slow down invading PLA IBGs.

Now same soles have become impatient and demanding. I can still recall rants of Manish Tiwari during Doklam stand off. Same Shukla who used to ask for infra before deployment barked against infrastructure projects as a bad move because it made China angry.

Without making it political because these people will twist like snakes on either side of the argument but on more technical point, only recently I have understood that anything that is not tracked and armoured becomes sitting duck.

Like one member suggested about light tanks, I would like to see APCs added expeditiously.

Good roads, bridges and tunnels are essential, the gap is huge but the work is in progress.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
This is neither Jokes thread nor a Pakistan related thread. 😶:yawn:

Kalki2020

Country flag
nobody has any magic wand that can be used to erase all mistakes those have been done since independence.

and you are saying about economy, all GDP growth that we saw was due to high inflation (UPA time). (ready to discuss economics if you like).

sorry but I'm finding your posts as political rants and I'm not in love with Nehru-Ghandy family, so can't resist myself from debating.

those part-time DMs have done way better than any full time DM like Amar-Akbar-Antony.
and govt, terrain etc? Mr Antony has specifically said in the Parliament that we decided to not to do anything and not to look. what does that mean? harsh terrain?

what about MMRCA saga? at least this govt has bought 36.

Cong govts were useless and I don't think anybody has any confusion regarding that. this govt is trying to sort that mess out.
this govt is much more better. how many scams have you seen during this govt? How many commonwealth, coal, 2g, RG foundation etc? how many MoUs between CCP and BJP?

which job (except corruption) previous govt has done better than this govt?

I'm ready to debate on Indian economy if you wish. remember, those 8/9% GDP was result of 12/15% inflation and that was WPI not CPI.
Not hearing about corruption in current gov doesn't mean no corruption is taking place. I am involved in one of flagship project of gov & trust me it's almost same from top to down as it was before 2014. For your information Modi back in 2014 tried to tighten his hold over all ministries to keep a check on corruption but later changed his mind on the advise of Rajnath & Jaitely.
Forget gov, now even CAG is in the business of corruption, quid pro quo for clearing audits of different gov agency.
However corruption is an issue for idealistic fools in today's world but what matters to rest is the delivery of promises made during election.

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So once again India believed in Mahatma Gandhi and Chacha Nehru , instead of fulfilling the resolution passed by Parliament in November 1962 about taking back Aksai Chin. India should have taught a better lesson to these intruders. Everything should not be used for PR stunts. Tomorrow Chinese will return and may be that time India won't find a single supporter like today and won't be in better diplomatic position as of now. Still better than congress but punched below it's weight. Lingering on territorial issues will only harm India's development plans.

Sweety Patel

Country flag
Tbh Sardar Patel never had the absolute power as good as he was, man was older than Nehru & lived a healthy life of 75 years, one of the reasons Nehru was chosen & he died in 1950. So Nehru was bound to be PM sooner than later anyways. Also Nehru was more renowned around the world & that made unification little easier as well. Modi is surely one of the best we've had ever. This Bajpayee, UPA 1 & 2 have damaged the nation so much that it will take some doing to get the core of the nation strong. Modi is the right man no doubt to do this job.
:lawl::lawl::lawl:

sir ji, only 2 minor corrections. nehru was not choosen, he begged and cryed to be choosen as first PM.

in that day,
the nominations were to be made by 15 state/regional Congress committees. Despite Gandhi’s well-known preference for Nehru as Congress president, not a single Congress committee nominated Nehru's name. On the contrary, 12 out of 15 Congress committees nominated Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. The remaining three Congress committees did not nominate any body’s name. Obviously, the overwhelming majority was in favour of Sardar Patel.

chacha nehru cried and begged to gandhi :crying::crying::crying::crying:

A disappointed Gandhi gave into Nehru's obduracy and asked Sardar Patel to withdraw his name. Sardar Patel had immense respect for Gandhi and he withdrew his candidature without wasting any time. And it paved the way for the coronation of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru as India’s first Prime Minister.

Nehru and Gandhi dono milkar desh ki pungi baja dali..:pound:if we had sardar as first PM< we would have been in different league today.

also,
Patel took charge of the integration of the princely states into India. This achievement formed the cornerstone of Patel's popularity in the post-independence era. Even today he is remembered as the man who united India. this credit goes to sardar 100%.

while nehru wanted to give away, kashmir, ladakh, saurastra and raan katch in gujarat.

:pound::pound::pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles