India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I got this from Sinodefense forum. There has been lot of chatter going with respect to PL-15. Chinese are calling this as a game changer in air to air battle. But even the wiki page of PL-15 expresses doubts on it's capabilities. It is said to have a range of 200+ km and they are now working on advanced version of PL-15 which will have a range of 400km. How much of this is true?

View attachment 51863
The description seems a typical nonsense coming from shady source.
BVR battle has limitations. 100km is very good range.

Only when chasing very large RCS aircraft (like transports and AWACS) the range of 200km is possible.

But a longer range missile needs more energy which comes from propellent. This means a significantly heavier missile not suitable for carriage on small fighters.

cereal killer

Country flag
How is it 1-1 when they have captured 40000 sq km of our land ?
It is 1-1 otherwise the Sikkim which we proudly mention as a Indian state would've been a part of Tibet if not for 1967. According to us they occupy Aksai Chin & according to them we hold Arunachal. Chinkies are bound to get another bloody nose this time.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ghabrana Kyun

Agni-5 And K-4 Are Made by Babus that can Make Shanghai & Beijing Into thermonuclear waste:hehe::hehe:

Assi change Si :india2::megusta::megusta:
My only concern is my soldiers should not be the sitting duck for my enemies

For that if I can get best men's from my country to do the research I am happy
:cruisin2:

Bhadra

Country flag
Loudest fuck-you to Xi by any world leader. A global narrative being built of china being the next Nazi Germany (and that it will suffer the same fate).

But the fact remains the China has remained expansionist since Communist regime and is yet to perish.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Do body else see major pieces are in play which will lead to ww3?

I am clearly seeing two sides forming
Yup, me as well. Its the first time since decades the seventh pacific fleet was stationed near SEA. US doesn't send pacific fleet with 3 super carriers groups, unless there major interests lay ahead decades ahead. Meaning they are pivoting to counter the next ww3 buildup.

Concard

Country flag
AESA radar needs lot of power, in fighter jets the power for aesa radar is supplied by APU. have they solved the power consumption problem for this missile? :hmm:
Exactly. Chinese claims are like pie in the sky. AESA radar into the missile? Really? Perhaps they have become Opium addicts again. Pakis are their drug dealers.

captscooby81

Country flag
If you are not doing any heavy work its easy to visit . I reached Sonamarg to Leh and taken one day rest and next day reached Khardung la in bike . Plus PM's SPG will have oxygen tanks in place for any emergency . COAS is also 60 years lets not forget that .

PM Modi on Ladakh front with strong message to protect border from China’s PLA

For an average healthy human, it takes at least two days to acclimatize to Leh’s height of over 11,000 feet with rarefied atmosphere, dry air and ultra-violet rays from a blazing sun in cold desert Ladakh.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Guy's stop the BS of DRDO not doing the work and comparing them with foreign institutes of Russia USA China EU. Just compare the funding and infrastructure of those with drdo

And those who don't know about what drdo have achieved in R&D are truly noobs.
This thread is getting distasteful because of off topic assessments which have no connection with current crisis on hand.

Last edited:

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How much does israel gets in aid ?
I will likely to clarify it joker that the budget ic isreli is not 5.2 or something that you mentioned it's actually 25 billion dollars and as I said please go by my previous posts and due to f 35 their other projects are stuck for funding the worst effected is the navy and the combat gear upgraditiones and please look again

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
The description seems a typical nonsense coming from shady source.
BVR battle has limitations. 100km is very good range.

Only when chasing very large RCS aircraft (like transports and AWACS) the range of 200km is possible.

But a longer range missile needs more energy which comes from propellent. This means a significantly heavier missile not suitable for carriage on small fighters.
I am sick and tired of hearing the Chinkis having Star War weapons and giving some of them to pakis.

I mean a target can be hit beyond 100+ km but only if its a larger aircraft or have immensely high RCS. Fighter aircrafts such as Tejas, Rafale or even greater RCS having sukhois cannot be hit beyond 100kms. Its almost impossible.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I will likely to clarify it joker that the budget ic isreli is not 5.2 or something that you mentioned it's actually 25 billion dollars and as I said please go by my previous posts and due to f 35 their other projects are stuck for funding the worst effected is the navy and the combat gear upgraditiones and please look again
Total defence budget of Israel is 20.5 billion dollars which is 5.3% of their total GDP read my post carefully

WARREN SS

Country flag
or that if I can get best men's from my country to do the research I am happy
Compare Salaries Of DARPA or Private sector in any nation

or District attorney Of Judiciary

And Private Law firm

A US Military soldier Or A Private contracter

It universal Phenomenon

Who do you think have best Brains

Apple Or Microsoft

or DARPA Or NASA

in Next Few years Space X Will outshines NASA

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Exactly. Chinese claims are like pie in the sky. AESA radar into the missile? Really? Perhaps they have become Opium addicts again. Pakis are their drug dealers.

i m not saying that AESA radar in standalone missile is not possible. i am merely pointing out that there are lot of problems that needs to solved and power being the major one. there are other issues too like weight, etc.

if they are thinking to build a missile that can be fired from air and can reach 300KM + with active homing... then what ever they smoking, i want some of it too.. it must some high quality weed. strategically, it does not make sense, i could make SAMs using better technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles