India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
The S-400 is not meant for deployment at the LAC. It is a strategic weapon meant for the protection of VAs/VPs like Delhi and nuclear assets like BARC etc. Just like the Chinese who have deployed their S-400 regiments for the protection of Beijing, Shanghai and other economic coastal hubs against missile attacks from the SCS from where they are the most vulnerable.
What about the deployment on the Pakistan border.. their lack of strategic depth, would prove fatal to many of their air assets..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
To all people writing to and following this thread, including @Aaj ka hero & @vayuu1 , we are in a situation close to war. Expect negative, depressing news, half assed opinions from phone cams, overt nationalist chest thumping, over the top claims of achievements on either sides - basically a ton of misinformation.

Realize the fact that we do not have a media sensitive to the nation's needs or an opposition that has an iota of a sense of national interest.

Do not worry or get over confident of anything you read here or anywhere else, stay stoic. The people we entrusted the job of guarding our borders know what they are doing. We will never know what their plans or preparations are. The left will keep banging away with questions, opinions, and basically try to corner the ruling government, since this is a golden opportunity for them - if you love your nation and support our troops, stay strong for them.

The best thing we can do is see where we can help. If you can let yourself be unaffected by anything you see online, ensure that you pummel the internal enemies in the information war. In this forum (i'm sure that is the case with other such forums), we have scrutinized the hell out of our capabilities and several warfare scenarios - use this information to battle any misinformation you see on SM.

I do not see the situation improving anytime soon, at least until winter.

Always remember, just like we are planning our offense and defense, the other side is too, one of them having more money than they can care for and propaganda being the best tool to win over an emotional janata like ours.

I hope there is no war, but if it ever comes to it, be prepared and do what you can to help.

@Mods - Can we put together a separate thread to discuss what interested members can do to help, this could be donations for veteran hospitals, countering propaganda, helping with anything possible for civvies, talking points etc we can use, should the conflict heat up.

1593582651557.png

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
No luck there. FreeFire, CODM hai na. Xd

Ban cheap Chinese hardware aka Realmi, Redmi, et cetera, see them stop playing games.
Pubg is more Korean than Chinese, perhaps that's why govt didn't ban it.

UZI™️

Country flag
That's what I am saying we won't understand you need experience and a trained eye for such tasks.

When a convey is moving how do we know if it is carrying troops or supplies does it move daily or is this a change in pattern.

A regular deployment or something different all this cannot be analyzed by us or the media.

So don't expect much here.
That's why we have Military intelligence to differentiate between these situations.Im fully confident that our professionals know how to come to a conclusion ie by calculating Peace time Figures of convoys/Deployment/Ration transportation.Calculating all these figures will give us clear pic.

Waanar

Country flag
No really, they are just shrewd politicians with zero understanding of defence and strategic issues. After Shree Parikar no one in the bjp is left capable enough to run the defence ministry efficiently, and definitely not this kadi ninda guy and earlier they made that good for nothing women Nirmala Sitaraman defence minister. And now she is finance minister. We are so screwed.

And below the guy who bhakts regard as the greatest statesman who ever lived. Total lack of vision and foresight:facepalm:

Firstly, minimize the use of the term "Bhakts". Barring the fact that it's a religious term specifically chosen to slander with a dual edge, my respect and attention to any argument falls like Paksitan's F16 when I read this coming out of a detractor. Just a friendly tip.

Secondly, I don't think anyone here disagrees with the fact that things could've been handled FAR better, but they ARE our best bet.

There are a lot of moving pieces right now. Don't just pick a single issue and keep scratching it.

Acquisition is but a small part of geopolitics and it's still too soon to say what's gonna happen.

vayuu1

Country flag
To all people writing to and following this thread, including @Aaj ka hero & @vayuu1 , we are in a situation close to war. Expect negative, depressing news, half assed opinions from phone cams, overt nationalist chest thumping, over the top claims of achievements on either sides - basically a ton of misinformation.

Realize the fact that we do not have a media sensitive to the nation's needs or an opposition that has an iota of a sense of national interest.

Do not worry or get over confident of anything you read here or anywhere else, stay stoic. The people we entrusted the job of guarding our borders know what they are doing. We will never know what their plans or preparations are. The left will keep banging away with questions, opinions, and basically try to corner the ruling government, since this is a golden opportunity for them - if you love your nation and support our troops, stay strong for them.

The best thing we can do is see where we can help. If you can let yourself be unaffected by anything you see online, ensure that you pummel the internal enemies in the information war. In this forum (i'm sure that is the case with other such forums), we have scrutinized the hell out of our capabilities and several warfare scenarios - use this information to battle any misinformation you see on SM.

I do not see the situation improving anytime soon, at least until winter.

Always remember, just like we are planning our offense and defense, the other side is too, one of them having more money than they can care for and propaganda being the best tool to win over an emotional janata like ours.

I hope there is no war, but if it ever comes to it, be prepared and do what you can to help.

@Mods - Can we put together a separate thread to discuss what interested members can do to help, this could be donations for veteran hospitals, countering propaganda, helping with anything possible for civvies, talking points etc we can use, should the conflict heat up.
Bhai do not misunderstand my intentions, I love this country as much as you do and strongly back our govt., but I also firmly believe that asking questions is not bad, their is faith and their is blind faith,the biggest rule of war is to never underestimate ur opponent,here we have plenty, so my point is back the govt.but keep them on toes as well.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
With USSR Blessing Nevertheless
Pakistan Was Way ahead Geo politically By signing Cento agreement & Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO)

We are Slow Like Snail.

Facts On ground Is We are Overestimating India Geopolitical relevance And It Size based On Are Pre notions Of our Ancient understanding of Indian Civilization

Blunt answer Is China Geopolitical Has 10 times To offer Economically And Materialistically Compared to indian economy
yea you're right!!

They have just given an everlasting beauty-product instead of an everlasting computer hard-drive after so many years of their technological and geo-political run.

Say thank you to Beijing........

Knowitall

That's why we have Military intelligence to differentiate between these situations.Im fully confident that our professionals know how to come to a conclusion ie by calculating Peace time Figures of convoys/Deployment/Ration transportation.Calculating all these figures will give us clear pic.
Yea that's what I'm saying don't expect much from needs channels leave this to the military.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What Are the Options Now

Post #4098 .....
I had told you so..
So what are the options available with India having reached almost a stalemate.
Stalemate is bad for India without getting back encroached territory or imposing a heavy cost on China in visible military spectrum - that is causing heavy attrition.
That can only be successfully achieved by making the Chinese attack Indian Defenses rather than Indians attacking Chinese strongholds.

The Options therefore are -

Option One- Occupy Chinese territory somewhere else in sizable mass to force Chinese to attack Indian positions in Ladakh or build up at that new encroachment to attack. A place like Longhju , Dhola / Lungrola Ridge. Asaphila. or Lipulekh - Taklakot or even Dolam can be carefully chosen. This would extend the war to the entire LAC. But that is the only way to maneuver into advantage to force Chinese to thin out from Ladakh or buckle in.

Option Two Build in large forces in Ladakh taking advantage of the situation. Hold the Chinese on LAC but launch the main operations in Skardu - Gilgit to cut off / threaten CPEC. China will be forced to attack Indian defenses on LAC and help realize Indian objectives. This option requires international consensus building specially USA and West. It is likely to garner much support from all who wish to cut Chinese to the size. However, this a classical two front war and the scope will be very large from which India and China can have no escape clauses. This may engulf entire Pakistan border. However, Indian forces stand an advantage of utilization of its comprehensive military power including her Navy from a position of advantage.

India must force the Chinese into offensive rather than fight from the advantages of the present defensive stalemate.

Time Frame - Only 30 days intense, swift and conclusive war after 20 October. After 20 November let the weather take hold of the situation. Till then build all resources and collect forces
I think we need strategy to constantly pinch china and put them in defensive mode. Our senior minister should visit Taiwan and support their sovereignty. We should make defense agreement with all Nation who are victims of China's aggression. Our forces should more and more intrude into chinese side of loc and claim that it is ours. Ocassionally, we should demolish their temporary structures etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles