India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Aim-120 Amraam
I think the Mica is much more effective than the C5. C7s are supposed to be the top of the lines for aim 120s.
The Paki F16s as far as I remember turned tail when a mirage package was vectored towards them during post balakot showdown. The IAF had mentioned that the pakis did not want to face the mirages with magic...
I’m no expert but that was the rhetoric coming out that time ...

Here’s a link to a rather lengthy piece. More like a thesis.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
China knows likely that there will be pushback from its actions. Take for example islands in South China sea which have been converted to full fledged military bases within just three years; jeopardizing security of Indonesia, Philippines, Australia etc. Any country threatened will take countermeasures. However somehow Chinese are glum. The confidence is suspicious. Either China has some weapons or tech that rest of the world does not know about; or China is bluffing to take advantage of a moment in history when USA is weak.

China's actions seem to be repeat of Germany's actions in second world war. Only difference is today people get to know what is happening almost in real time.

India has very limited options with respect to China. I think India is at the end of road.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Chinese confidence comes from profit seeking financial experts who have already outsourced all manufacturing and cannot pull out anytime soon. Now that Covid is here, china is only savior for Sales figure/revenue numbers because its the only market that seems to be open.

China is trying to consolidate it gains because it thinks only country that can manage do a little(militarily) is engaged in its own internal political/pandamic drama. only if we could have invested more in our defence products and some squadrons of tejas, lch, were ready our position would have been better. I really hope that post covid some sense prevails in these people.. but i m very skeptical that it will be business as usual.

ganesh177

Country flag
Lets say we get rafale today, then how long more till it gets combat ready to be deployed at lac?

Kumata

I Don't want XI to go away yet. He is ensuring that what ever goodwill chinese have is also destroyed in global world and that's good for us.

Let there be more damage to chinese reputation and economy.. nothing like self destruction....

cannonfodder

Country flag
These are non-chinese view point which does not make any difference. More important data points what chinese think. I believe chinese views are strictly aligned with CCP world views (not all but majority). As long as there are no voices against regime or discomfort in mainland china, its of no use other than internal consumption for non-chinese audience only.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Lets say we get rafale today, then how long more till it gets combat ready to be deployed at lac?
Seeing as how our pilots and ground staff were being trained in France all this while, provided the weapons also came, within a couple days.

That said, the airbases near LAC don't have HAS for Rafale do they? It's just 6-8, that's a helluva risk.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Question. Can the S400 be taken out by Brahmos?
Assuming we get crystal clear coordinates of the location of the target radar system, either by Indian Satellites or US satellite imagery, what is the possibility of firing a salvo to take out the chinks S400?
aside from theoretical possibility, is it possible practically in the theater.

I’m not even going to try to imagine an Apache group flying under the radar to take out the S400 radar systems like they did in desert shield. Although this terrain would be the best environment. For apaches.
Achievable with multiple fires.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
That said, the airbases near LAC don't have HAS for Rafale do they? It's just 6-8, that's a helluva risk.
Not needed, given that the Balakot mission by M2000I was executed from Gwalior. Ambala is close enough to both fronts. The idea behind rapid induction of Rafale is to throw PAF and PLAAF warplanning off gear since they now have to factor in the potential of Rafales in any Indian formation that may have Meteors. The heavy-lifting will still be done by Su-30MKIs with R-77, including SDs.

lcafanboy

Country flag
but then again, its the same engine tht used in our 29's right? is this a better variant?
It's not the same engine..
Russians cleared RD93 for Pakistan which is variant of Rd 33 basic engine which is smokey, lower power and not that reliable. While Indian mig29s are now using the newer and improved version of Rd 33 engine which is not smokey has more power and much more reliable....☺

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
It is done.

TSP/ISP blockage (nullroute IPs + DNS entry removals), CDN service removals, app removals from app stores, all updates blocked.

CDN removal is the key ingredient to killing TikTok in India. Without CDN servers on Indian soil, TikTok is practically unusable, even with VPNs, because video streaming is a highly bandwidth-sensitive operation, and without local CDNs, the app will get choked at the undersea network trying to find CDNs of other countries. The government order includes directives for Indian CDNs to stop serving the banned apps, including for CDNs owned by those apps.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
It is done.

TSP/ISP blockage (nullroute IPs + DNS entry removals), CDN service removals, app removals from app stores, all updates blocked.

CDN removal is the key ingredient to killing TikTok in India. Without CDN servers on Indian soil, TikTok is practically unusable, even with VPNs, because video streaming is a highly bandwidth-sensitive operation, and without local CDNs, the app will get choked at the undersea network trying to find CDNs of other countries. The government order includes directives for Indian CDNs to stop serving the banned apps, including for CDNs owned by those apps.
Just checked
Lots of teenagers wailing in agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles