India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreamon

Country flag
I was talking to a defence expert on twitter. He said H6 bomber is the biggest threat from PLAAF where they have escalation dominance. We are nowhere prepared for this particular threat.
Bombers are used whn enemy air defence is eleminated .. It can nt operate in a region protected by SAM and fighter jets . After air superiority is achieved it is used to give a last jolt to the ground forces to make them surrender .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Only two possibilities to govt denial so far on the entire LAC issue

1.China wants to put maximum pressure on India using its force build on LAC and bring GOI to table to negotiate for what ever it wanted to settle with but by constant denial from GOI and less public pressure on Govt they are not able to achieve that aim . "Is that the reason why Modi is keep on saying no issue in LAC" so that he don't fall in the pressure tactics of China

2.GOI still not able to understand what made china to pull this LAC buildup and wants to wait and watch how the situation develops to understand the real motive of chinese buildup . So keep reinforcing troops to LAC and keep them on hold and see what chinese does next .

Truth is somewhere in between these two things or there is 3rd possibility which we all are not able to see "Meek surrender to chinese agression" by babus of GOI or who knows even the top leadership because they are in complete shock to the turn of events after expecting peace peace with china
with you on point 1&2 and not on the inference. And more over both 1 & 2 possibilities can simultaneously CO exist.

GoI is buying time to figure out the CCP endgame, not just in India nobody is able to even confidently guess what CCP wants to achieve. opinions are wildly swinging between CCP is insecure hence the belligerence to CCP is taking advantage of global Chinese virus chaos.

since it is more or less certain that GoI is not gonna start any military action, next best option is to prepare for any eventuality. atleast negotiate from a position of strength.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Bombers are used whn enemy air defence is eleminated .. It can nt operate in a region protected by SAM and fighter jets . After air superiority is achieved it is used to give a last jolt to the ground forces to make them surrender .
thats the traditional role of bombers. I’m worried about the long range ALCMs h6k carry.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
@IndiaRising @ARVION H6 bombers will be easy targets for our QRSAM and Barak 8. These SAM systems can shoot down j11 and j16 including their fired missiles. The only thing that needs to be taken care of these bombers that they need to be taken down before they open their bombay doors.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
images (28).jpeg

I wish we could have this china would be toast after all it's is a Tactical Fear Weapon range improved from TOS 1A of 6 KM to probaly 14 to 18 KM its is probaly mounted on a T 14 Chassie could be useful in a ladak, Tibet like environment's

Thundering13th

Country flag
Most of the things that happens in SM most of the info they are part of what the experts call a hybrid warfare. Sustained campaign to break the morale. People talk about a lot of things missiles aesa radars fighters I dont know so many other high level stuff but the truth is you can bomb the shit out of someone but if you dont hold territory physically with troops on the ground then it doesn't matter. America never held Afghanistan physically neither did NATO what happened. MOAB they tried and all sorts of ammo high tech stuff. Come 2020 what is the situ in Afghanistan? US talking to talibs. What I m trying to say is we need to ignore the bs going on in sm. That's pure psyops attack and counter attack on Twitter that's a different game. People who have seen death know that things are different. On ground no body sits and counts numbers so that they can propagate their idea and alter public sentiment. A prof army with insurmountable morale such as ours we need to understand what the enemy is trying to do with all sorts of info on SM. People with high paper knowledge and less ground info tend to panic and spread panic. Let's be sure about one thing we need to prepare for the best and the worse simultaneously . The spirit of "kiranti" as they say in GR is not out of the blues the belief that as long as you breathe you can inflict pain upon enemies and the spirit : better be dead than be a coward is there for years because of a reason. People should realise that. Indian arby's spirit is something else people who had the experience can know better but being around troops I learnt that IA is "as transparent as it can be" we are proof we respect our dead and name each and every sould who stood against the enemy. Long lecture I know its sunday so alcohol helps. Look at pakis. They have been defeated but not comprehensively baring 71. Still they fight back there is always something to learn from the enemy.

here2where

with you on point 1&2 and not on the inference. And more over both 1 & 2 possibilities can simultaneously CO exist.

GoI is buying time to figure out the CCP endgame, not just in India nobody is able to even confidently guess what CCP wants to achieve. opinions are wildly swinging between CCP is insecure hence the belligerence to CCP is taking advantage of global Chinese virus chaos.

since it is more or less certain that GoI is not gonna start any military action, next best option is to prepare for any eventuality. atleast negotiate from a position of strength.
We are buying time to ensure we don't get into a suffocating yankee war alliance. Trick is to maintain the delicate us-russia-india equation even after any action on the china front.

A less evolved nation would have reacted already and fallen into US trap.

I can imagine how frustrated US must feel now ....

cereal killer

Country flag
Only two possibilities to govt denial so far on the entire LAC issue

1.China wants to put maximum pressure on India using its force build on LAC and bring GOI to table to negotiate for what ever it wanted to settle with but by constant denial from GOI and less public pressure on Govt they are not able to achieve that aim . "Is that the reason why Modi is keep on saying no issue in LAC" so that he don't fall in the pressure tactics of China

2.GOI still not able to understand what made china to pull this LAC buildup and wants to wait and watch how the situation develops to understand the real motive of chinese buildup . So keep reinforcing troops to LAC and keep them on hold and see what chinese does next .

Truth is somewhere in between these two things or there is 3rd possibility which we all are not able to see "Meek surrender to chinese agression" by babus of GOI or who knows even the top leadership because they are in complete shock to the turn of events after expecting peace peace with china
Completely agree with you especially point 2. I don't think GOI is simply searching for war here. Currently what we are seeing is our defence posturing in case China goes on the offensive. At the moment we are hoping that China will fall back during fag winter season starts in Nov-Dec. But a lot can happen in between. Who will fire the first shot? That is what remains to be seen.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We are buying time to ensure we don't get into a suffocating yankee war alliance. Trick is to maintain the delicate us-russia-india equation even after any action on the china front.

A less evolved nation would have reacted already and fallen into US trap.

I can imagine how frustrated US must feel now ....
true, if say Vietnam were in this scenario, US troops would be prepping for deployment by now. pentagon been prepping for tropical deployment for two years now.

and also high altitude deployment is not their cup of tea.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag

A less evolved nation would have reacted violently already and fallen into US lap.
Indeed if you are too fast to react then you will probably start a war with a bigger country with bigger military. And so lapdog of US.

In the case you are too slow you become impotent even if you have one the most lethal forces in the world.

In the case PM or our GOI start confronting vocally. Then whether there will be any war at LAC or not it doesn't matter, sure there will be a war in our national politics. And also it will be very unwise because GOI will be revealing secrets of army.

The Russia visit by our Defense Minister was very criticized but I will say that its one of the most intelligent move. In any conflict with China, US will support India no matter what and its a fact. But we need to weigh Russia too, how they are going to react if a conflict do starts.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
keep in mind, the guy is a hawk. So..
======
China's objective—besides seizing tactically important areas—is to inflict a short, sharp defeat on India, as I have said before. A Chinese military theorist says such a win against India will deter US and Taiwan. However, Galwan clashes showed how a Chinese attack can backfire.

doreamon

Country flag
The Supreme Hero Of Galwan

By
Subir Bhaumik

on June 24, 2020

Only 23 years of age, playful, the usual fun-loving Sikh , his boyish looks concealing the steely soldier who will never shy away from an unequal fight.
Meet Gurtej Singh of 3rd Punjab’s ‘Ghatak Platoon’ who reinforced the beleaguered , outmaneuvered fighters of 16th Bihar regiment at Galwan valley on the evening of 15 June. But first take a ticket to heaven, where rests ‘chota phai Gurtej’ , blessed by the Almighty.
He is not here with his paltan anymore and will not return to his family for his favourite ‘sarson da saag’ and ‘makkai di roti’.
Honestly , it is very difficult for an emotional Bengali like me , also a military school product, to hold back tears as I write the amazing story of ‘chotaphai Gurtej’.
As the fierce 3rd ‘Ghataks’ and the Sikh gunners of Medium Arty regiment rushed into the fight with very little time to plan and prepare on that Monday evening in the picturesque but blooded Galwan Valley , they were only carrying their customary kirpan and an assortments of sticks, rods and sharp knives.
Fellow fighters recall Gurtej being attacked by four Chinese soldiers. The strong Sikh, shouting his ‘Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal’ war cries in a thunderous roar, swung round two of them and as two others tried to pin him down, he dragged all four of them towards the cliff.
“All four Chinese were flung to death but Gurtej lost his balance and also slipped , but was stuck in a boulder , hence avoiding a free fall. Badly injured in the neck and head, Gurtej rewrapped his turban and in a inhuman effort pulled himself back into the fight,” said a military source quoting a fellow fighter.
Gurtej slashed some Chinese with his kirpan before he could snatch a sharp weapon from a Chinese soldier.
“Not only that one but seven other Chinese soldiers perished at the hands of Gurtej before one stabbed him from behind. Even as he went down , he slashed his killer with his kirpan,” said the military source.
At the end of the bloody fight, Gurtej lay dead but so were the 12 Chinese killed by them. As they say, ‘Ik Ik Akali Sikh sawa lakh de barabar” ( an Akali Sikh is as good as 1,25,000)
Gurtej’s body was dragged back by the surviving ‘Ghataks’. I have no access to his village to recount his cremation but knowing Sikhs so well from my childhood in Punjab, I am sure his proud parents will have tears in their eyes for him — but more tears of pride than tears of sorrow.
Gurtej Singh , the latest martyr or ‘Shaheed’ in an enormously crowded pantheon of Sikh heroes starting from Banda Bahadur , is a hero India is yet to know but will never forget once it did .
I remember my IAF instructor-father shedding tears for his dear ‘Sardar beta’ Flying Officer Nirmaljit Singh Sekhon in 1971.

Flying Officer

Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon

, was posthumously awarded the
Param Vir Chakra

, India’s highest military decoration , in recognition of his lone defence of
Srinagar

Air Base against a
PAF

air raid during the
Indo-Pakistani War of 1971

. He is the only member of the Indian Air Force to be honoured with the PVC .

One ghatak troop killed 11 pla soldier . Just imagine how many they might have lost and then there was a landslide .. These are not the kind of people who ll hide their casualty because it is too less and intimidate indian public . Otherwise picture of dead bodies of indian soldiers wld nt have gone viral in weibo the next day . Its too hard for them to accept reality ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles