Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I am not sure.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No comments.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Oh that's nice. I always wanted to make RC models of Aircrafts. I wanted to make a trend of RC in India as well. I wanted to make a model of MIG-25 ,SU-57, SU-30 MKI. I was thinking that I would print a couple of plans for it from online and use it as a guide on other material like Cardboard etc. It's a bit tough to find some good plans.
Just try it, you can do it, if there is a desire there is a way

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
1641606735664.png

my concept of what i think would be a 6th generation fighter, levcons, flat nozzles with paddles, Tempest styled intake DSI and compound wing with wing trailing edge extension flaps
1641606823320.png

1641607104089.png

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Just try it, you can do it, if there is a desire there is a way
To be fair. I want such RC trend to come to India as well and not just be limited to foreign countries. It's time we start such an Ecosystem in India as well by starting with smaller RC Aircrafts to more bigger models of RC.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Hey you all guys. I have decided that I will start by making a MIG-21/MIG-15 model. These planes seem pretty simple to make and so I have decided I will make model of these. As for the Missiles and fuel tanks. Well I will use really small PVC pipes for that. @MiG-29SMT any tips mate?
aaa1111.jpgaa5a57fc-23ab-456c-b776-5022fd23d1e4Large-1.jpg
MiG21BisonIndianAirForceIAF3dsmodel001.jpgD3925342-66E2-4F2F-8279-B3C8B82D56DCLarge.jpg
mig-21-fishbed-v03-3d-model-rigged-max-obj-3ds-lwo-lw-lws-dxf-stl.jpg

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Hey you all guys. I have decided that I will start by making a MIG-21/MIG-15 model. These planes seem pretty simple to make and so I have decided I will make model of these. As for the Missiles and fuel tanks. Well I will use really small PVC pipes for that. @MiG-29SMT any tips mate?
View attachment 130300View attachment 130301View attachment 130302
The imagination is the limit, if you do make a RC it is more complex, you need more knowledge in math and electronics, but static models like mine are no problem, I use paper I mean paper sheets just rolled up, or folded cut and stuffed paper sheets for wings, however recently I use a resin made of wood that is a clay, so i use that for very rounded parts.

For canopies I use cut wrapping plastic of any thing from pens to plumbing materials, but the aircraft is mostly wood because glue , paper and resin clay are made out of wood only the transparent plastic is a no wood material.

My models lack symmetry at least perfect one and require sand paper, sometimes I polish them, but in general they look so so in pictures but live they look less professional.

Regards

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
The imagination is the limit, if you do a RC it is more complex, you need more knowledge in math and electronics, but static models like mine are no problem, I use paper I mean paper sheets just rolled up, or folded cut and stuffed paper sheets for wings, however recently I use a resin made of wood that is a clay, so i use that for very rounded parts.

For canopies I use cut wrapping plastic of any thing from pens to plumbing materials, but the aircraft is mostly wood because glue , paper and resin clay are made out of wood only the transparent plastic is a no wood material.

My models lack symmetry at least perfect one and require sand paper, sometimes I polish them, but in general they look so so in pictures but live they look less professional.

Regards
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it but RC is not as difficult as it seems. The only thing is that it's an expensive Hobby for many people. And it will be very much out of budget for most people in India.

I was planning on making something more like This of around this size, have a look at the following videos:

basically the wings and the tail and other stuff I will Plan on using Cardboard with a bit of reinforcement etc. I was planning on making the plane around 4+ feet at most.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it but RC is not as difficult as it seems. The only thing is that it's an expensive Hobby for many people. And it will be very much out of budget for most people in India.

I was planning on making something more like This of around this size, have a look at the following videos:

basically the wings and the tail and other stuff I will Plan on using Cardboard with a bit of reinforcement etc. I was planning on making the plane around 4+ feet at most.
when you do make a model and i include my models, you learn a lot about real aircraft, for example my wings have to be strong enough for not bending, I am learning a lot of basic aerodynamics in PDF papers but I see models do require similar structural tolerances, so the wings bear weight and bending forces, some materials like wood or plastic need strength, I do not use spars but I do use some some tubular structures made of paper to stuff the inner part of wings, so think well, making a flying model is really making an aircraft

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
when you do a model and i include you learn a lot about real aircraft, for example my wings have to be strong enough for not bending, I learning a lot of basic aerodynamics in PDF papers but I see models do require similar structural tolerances, so the wings bear weight and bending forces, some materials like wood or plastic need strength, I do not use spars but I do use some some tubular structures made of paper to stuff the inner part of wings, so think well, making a flying model is really making an aircraft
So I guess I will start by making a couple of static models and than maybe I will move to RC. Thanks for the Tips mate!

Super Flanker

Country flag

This channel is pretty good
That is what will be put inside the Body of an F-35 Model, basically they will Buy a readt made F-35 Model and will install this system inside it, Pretty Complex it seems, if we want to start of with such a trend here in India than we need to start somewhere simple and small and easy and not too expensive, right now these things are so complex to understand for me.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I wish I could make an RC Sukhoi SU-30 SM with The colour scheme of the Russian Knights. That would be awesome.

Imagine I could fly the plane in my neighborhood and over my large Farm and shoot down a couple of Eagles ,Crows ,Pigeons etc and establish "RC" Air Superiority over the skies. My favourite Aerobatics team is Russian Knights.

I pray that 1 day an ecosystem of such Advanced RC machines would come to India.

Super Flanker

Country flag
So I have decided that I am going to make a Model/RC model of a SU-30 SM/MKI (the one with Canards). So here is how I am deciding to go about:

• 1st : I will make a standalone model which will be more of a showcase piece and later whatever knowledge I got from making that, I will implement it in making an RC model of it.
  • 2nd : Also I wanted to add an FPV camera in it. If I put a tiny wireless camera on my RC plane Than will it be good enough for recording or atleast real time see through? Please suggest me a cheap, light, small wireless camera With good latency.
I want it to be like this :-

Basically I want to make the Flanker Aircraft like this:-

Maybe not as big but atleast 5-6 feet I want the Aircraft to be in terms of length Etc and I will use brushless motors inside the engine cowling for thrust.

Super Flanker

Country flag
you made it very nice imo
Thank you for your compliments.

By the way, do you know which is the shortest radius propeller you can get in India with a brushless motor?

When I tried to search on the internet, I am getting size of Propeller Like always 12 inches. I need to have atleast like 4-6 Inches at maximum.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Some videos of RC ships.

"RC Titanic':-

"Model Titanic sinks and splits':-

"RC planes Landing on RC Aircraft carriers"

"RC Carrier being launched into the Water"

Making an RC ship is definitely easier than making an RC plane as RC ships have less moving parts (i.e Control Surfaces/Rudder etc to them) whereas on a planes it's more complex and more moving parts are needed.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Thank you for your compliments.

By the way, do you know which is the shortest radius propeller you can get in India with a brushless motor?

When I tried to search on the internet, I am getting size of Propeller Like always 12 inches. I need to have atleast like 4-6 Inches at maximum.
sorry mate,motor is one thing i don't know

Super Flanker

Country flag
sorry mate,motor is one thing i don't know
No problem. But do you know anything about FPV view From RC vehicles (Ships/Planes/cars)? Like you can operate the RC vehicle and you will get a real-time camera view from it by installing a camera on it. Please refer to these videos to understand what I am trying to say.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
No problem. But do you know anything about FPV view From RC vehicles (Ships/Planes/cars)? Like you can operate the RC vehicle and you will get a real-time camera view from it by installing a camera on it. Please refer to these videos to understand what I am trying to say.

i get what you're saying but its gonna be pricy from the looks of it,after all portability comes at a huge price

Super Flanker

Country flag
i get what you're saying but its gonna be pricy from the looks of it,after all portability comes at a huge price
I wanted to make either an RC plane or RC ship model. If I was to make a RC ship than I would want to make one based on the design of Russian project 22160 Patrol ships.

See it's picture:-
01401521da02947c1c3be9192efb4614.jpg
1l-image-69.jpg

Imagine an RC Model of this thing and operating it in a large pool or lake. I was thinking of making it atleast 4-5 or even at maximum 6 feet in length. I have all necessary contacts to source parts for making the ship but still I need to get some knowledge with regards to all this and the only other hurdle is sourcing the Electronics. Same case with RC plane, I was wanting to make an RC SU-30. Something lue like this :-

Ofcourse not as big and Complex as this but atleast 1/2 or 1/3 of the size of the model in the above video.

Global Defence

Articles