Indian Scale Models

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Hi Guys, the hobby is quite popular in many parts of the world, however, here in India, it is still limited due to many factors one such factor is the lack of hobby shops and astronomical duties while importing the kits.
That being said, I am into scale modeling for a while, and let me share my work here, please do ask me if you have any queries. No diecast, please.
Let me start off the thread with an Indian subject, the quintessential of the Indian Air Force.
Mig-21 1/72 Thunderbolt
The aircraft was built from RV Aircraft, the kit was extremely hard and confusing to built. Nonetheless, it was nice to build a challenging kit once in a while. This particular aircraft on the starboard side has a yellow and blacked checkered marking, however, I omitted the serial number on that side. Thank you for watching cheers.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
should we include only scale models aka made from kits (expert hobbyists / professionals ), commercial models for sale, 3d printed (again, by hobbyists ) OR many dumbfucks like me doing this shit also?
Anything is fine except, diecast, that doesn't require any afford hehe, welcome abroad mate.

tomthounaojam

Country flag

Foxbat

Country flag
Hi Guys, the hobby is quite popular in many parts of the world, however, here in India, it is still limited due to many factors one such factor is the lack of hobby shops and astronomical duties while importing the kits.
That being said, I am into scale modeling for a while, and let me share my work here, please do ask me if you have any queries. No diecast, please.
Great Initiative! @tomthounaojam I have seen your work on Indian Scale Models on Facebook and BritModeler. I used your Mig-29UPG pics for painting guidance.

Some of my Indian models, have posted some of them earlier on this forum.

Mig-21 Bis
PXL_20210111_135338201.jpg

Mig-29UPG
PXL_20210717_110325847.jpg

Dassault Rafale
PXL_20201027_122816628.jpg

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Great Initiative! @tomthounaojam I have seen your work on Indian Scale Models on Facebook and BritModeler. I used your Mig-29UPG pics for painting guidance.

Some of my Indian models, have posted some of them earlier on this forum.
SS glad to see you here as well, I always wanted to have a thread/forum of India, however, for the time being, this will do. Look forward to more models.
1/72 Mil Mi-17

This was built few years ago and while shifting to new places some parts got lost

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Great work. Can you provide some info about the spray paint (whether spray can, or paint with compressor and spray gun) as well as sources for decals. I was into building gundams at one point using similar kits, but I found them very time consuming.
Thanks, Firstly I would never advise anyone to get a spray can, as the pressure at the initial stage and later when the pressure goes down will create an uneven surface, and while you have controlled the right amount of pressure and distance from the spray can be hard. Plus you can't modulate the color it is what it is. For starts, a hair brush and acrylic paint are the best but getting an airbrush should be the goal. Decals are a different thing altogether, as the most printer is CYMK there is so there no white ink one need to get white waterslide paper and print, also with color graphic it doesn't register well as it needs white base and printing over it. For black design or graphic is doable. Scale models are arts and can't be rush so hence time-consuming, goal is to enjoy while building it. Cheers

Foxbat

Country flag
Thanks, Firstly I would never advise anyone to get a spray can, as the pressure at the initial stage and later when the pressure goes down will create an uneven surface, and while you have controlled the right amount of pressure and distance from the spray can be hard. Plus you can't modulate the color it is what it is. For starts, a hair brush and acrylic paint are the best but getting an airbrush should be the goal. Decals are a different thing altogether, as the most printer is CYMK there is so there no white ink one need to get white waterslide paper and print, also with color graphic it doesn't register well as it needs white base and printing over it. For black design or graphic is doable. Scale models are arts and can't be rush so hence time-consuming, goal is to enjoy while building it. Cheers
I have been using Spray paint can for the last one year since I restarted building models after 20+ years. For an expert level an airbrush is definitely required but for an amateur I think a spray can is economical and efficient. Obviously you should have had some experience spray painting before. Yes getting the right colour is a big problem and often I get the shade wrong.

Where do you get the white base for printed decals? I have used upside down decals for a white base but I have very few which are the exact fit.

Some more models but not Indian, Mig-15, Mig-17 and Mig-19.

PXL_20210803_090123119.jpg

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Where do you get the white base for printed decals? I have used upside down decals for a white base but I have very few which are the exact fit.
Here is a link that says both, clear and white, can try it the price is a tad cheap as well.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Su-30MK is the first initial version of the Su-30s of India, the actual aircraft was converted from Su-27UB so same with my model, built from Heller Su-27UB to Su-30MK, Heller kit is old and needs lots of dry fit testing otherwise will get in problem later, so lots of sanding and filling. Su-30MK 001

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles