• I am not sure.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No comments.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hey you all! Welcome to this thread. In this thread we will discuss all about RC and stuff.
-
As fans of Defence related stuff we would like to see RC models of our favourite Military Stuff like Fighter Jets, Warships, Submarines, Tanks etc.

IMG_20200505_174514316.jpg

-
Not just defence but maybe everyday to day things as well. Basically Everything RC will be discussed here.
IMG_0177_2048x2048.PNG

-
Not just RC, we could also discuss how to make models about Various things.
263066_b8196a45f9fb67c03a2b0c68b9d5b42b.jpg

-
Lately in foreign countries, RC is a pretty popular trend. So why not do something like that in India?huh? So this is the thread for all you RC lovers there.
IMG_20200501_165451818.jpg

So I welcome you to this thread.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
@FalconZero hey there mate. Do you think that we should make a Scale Model or RC model of the mirage 2000? Do you have any suggestions with regards to this?
Like what Materials we could use and What not?
Maybe I was thinking that the Model would look something somewhat like this:
Video link:
These seem to be a more realistic Size in my opinion for a Potential RC or scale Model.

Super Flanker

Country flag
@FalconZero hey there mate. Do you think that we should make a Scale Model or RC model of the mirage 2000? Do you have any suggestions with regards to this?
Like what Materials we could use and What not?
Maybe I was thinking that the Model would look something somewhat like this:
Video link:
These seem to be a more realistic Size in my opinion for a Potential RC or scale Model.
@mist_consecutive[/USER] @FalconSlayers @MirageBlue @Vamsi @Tshering22 @Maharaj skandgupta @Lonewolf
@THESIS THORON hey you all, if you know anything about this than please do tell or else ignore this post of mine

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
RC Flanker in Indian Tiranga
Ah! I just love the look of the that RC Flanker. Btw it's actually an RC SU 30 MKI. I don't know if something like this is Available in India to be fair. This RC Aircrafts are very expensive. Some of them cost more Than 1 lach+ rupees. Anyways we too need to create an ecosystem of such and a trend in India As well.
That's sick! Gosh I don't know how they make the Engines of these RC Aircrafts though. They sound like real jet engines.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Ah! I just love the look of the that RC Flanker. Btw it's actually an RC SU 30 MKI. I don't know if something like this is Available in India to be fair. This RC Aircrafts are very expensive. Some of them cost more Than 1 lach+ rupees. Anyways we too need to create an ecosystem of such and a trend in India As well.

That's sick! Gosh I don't know how they make the Engines of these RC Aircrafts though. They sound like real jet engines.
Absolutely we need that ecosystem. Thing is this is an expensive hobby. These engine cost way too high and hence people go the turboprop route which isn't fun. I know a few who are into this and they will be labelled as toys by the society. Same thing happened with F1 although its changing ( It was termed as entertainment).

Super Flanker

Country flag
Absolutely we need that ecosystem. Thing is this is an expensive hobby. These engine cost way too high and hence people go the turboprop route which isn't fun. I know a few who are into this and they will be labelled as toys by the society. Same thing happened with F1 although its changing ( It was termed as entertainment).
Honestly speaking we definitely need an ecosystem like this in our country because than this will be a sign that india is progressing as well (Not sure how though but yes atleast for me yes, will explain about this in more minute detail some other time)

Also making the entire Aircraft is quite easy, whether you make an FA-18 or SU-30/57 etc ,making the Wings, the Control Surfaces of the Aircraft like the rudder or ailerons are also very easy to make, the front of the Aircraft is easy to make also(but it's a bit tougher than making the other components) but the biggest hindrance to all of this is the Aircraft engine which is very expensive.
(Refer to below diagram for better view)
Control-surfaces-configuration-in-ADMIRE.png

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Honestly speaking we definitely need an ecosystem like this in our country because than this will be a sign that india is progressing as well (Not sure how though but yes atleast for me yes, will explain about this in more minute detail some other time)

Also making the entire Aircraft is quite easy, whether you make an FA-18 or SU-30/57 etc ,making the Wings, the Control Surfaces of the Aircraft like the rudder or ailerons are also very easy to make, the front of the Aircraft is easy to make also(but it's a bit tougher than making the other components) but the biggest hindrance to all of this is the Aircraft engine which is very expensive.
(Refer to below diagram for better view)
View attachment 129567
The servos needed to control rudders and other control surfaces are about 20000 each too.
Body is easy to 3D print but material should be heat resistant. Also should survive high Gs (That gripen that disintegrated as it had a weak body). If you are building your first RC you are looking at 300000 for your first aircraft alone. 3D printers are also expensive.

Also that engine needs to be imported.

Super Flanker

Country flag
The servos needed to control rudders and other control surfaces are about 20000 each too.
Who told you that servos are 20000 Rs bro? Huh? Who told you that, Servos are available on Flipkart and Amazon for less than 1000 Rs each.
IMG_20220104_220824.jpg

(You can go check it out yourself)
Detailed-schematic-of-the-RC-plane.png

View attachment 129589
Body is easy to 3D print but material should be heat resistant. Also should survive high Gs (That gripen that disintegrated as it had a weak body). If you are building your first RC you are looking at 300000 for your first aircraft alone. 3D printers are also expensive.
Who told that you will need heat resistant Material to build the body of the Aircraft? You make me laugh bro. You don't have to Worry much because that Aircraft is not going to cross the sound barrier that it will need Heat resistant Material to deal with heat Absorbtion. You have to read more with regards to RC plane and the nomenclature which revolves around them, only than you will understand more about all this.
7397f0aaf607383833a544dee7933c40.jpg

Also that engine needs to be imported.
Yes exactly, I agree with this. There is no way that any of us can make something like that Inhouse. So hence we will have to Import it
DZ6_Fig_6.jpg

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Who told you that servos are 20000 Rs bro? Huh? Who told you that, Servos are available on Flipkart and Amazon for less than 1000 Rs each.View attachment 129591
(You can go check it out yourself)View attachment 129595
View attachment 129589

Who told that you will need heat resistant Material to build the body of the Aircraft? You make me laugh bro. You don't have to Worry much because that Aircraft is not going to cross the sound barrier that it will need Heat resistant Material to deal with heat Absorbtion. You have to read more with regards to RC plane and the nomenclature which revolves around them, only than you will understand more about all this.View attachment 129594

Yes exactly, I agree with this. There is no way that any of us can make something like that Inhouse. So hence we will have to Import it
View attachment 129593
These servos are weak af sirji. Heavy Duty servos cost much more. About the heat resistance, the jet engine produces heat and its mounts will heat too. You don't want your engine falling out mid flight. The picture you posted is of a turboprop which costs way less and its engine is available in India too and it doesn't heat much.

Hope people stop treating them as toys as they are much more sophisticated. About time these start popping up in India too.

Super Flanker

Country flag
These servos are weak af sirji. Heavy Duty servos cost much more. About the heat resistance, the jet engine produces heat and its mounts will heat too. You don't want your engine falling out mid flight. The picture you posted is of a turboprop which costs way less and its engine is available in India too and it doesn't heat much.
I agree that these cheap servos are weak but I highly Doubt that more durable Servos are of 20000 rs and such. Sorry Bhai but there is no way that servos like this are that expensive as you have said. Most probably they will cost maybe around 2000-3000+ but no way in hell 200000 rs and no one is going to build a very expensive RC plane as a starter. To start with, it's adviced that you use cheap servos and Materials like plastic or cardboard or maybe even thermocol to build your very first RC. Also with regards to heating issue than I don't think so that you should build the entire structure as heat Absorbent. Rather than doing that just build the structure which is close to the engines as heat Absorbent (In this case the one with RC Turbofan Engines). It's more economical in this regard in my opinion.
Hope people stop treating them as toys as they are much more sophisticated. About time these start popping up in India too.
These things are not toys, they never were supposed to be toys, maybe the small cheap ones maybe intended to be toys but the Big ones? Man They are basically Giant Drones in a sense. Anyways these will Gradually start coming in India. Hopefully.

Maybe this video maybe help you understand better.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Here's a video of an RC SU-57 Felon, I just love the sound of those Engines. An Absolute must watch because it's looks, flies and sounds like the real thing as well at the same time:
0:05-0:11 : The Aircraft takes off pretty smoothly even I must say even though the terrain is grassy, would have been a lot more smoother if it took off from a plain Runaway though. Still I like it.
Screenshot_20220104_230539.jpg

Screenshot_20220104_230543.jpg
0:14-0:23
-Nice retraction of the Landing gears of the Aircraft.

Oh gosh words cannot describe this beautiful Aircraft. Wow. The way it turns and manouveres is just spectacular. Almost looks like a real SU-57

Super Flanker

Country flag
Look at the scale of the Aircrafts in the following videos. I don't think so that such scales will be possible very soon in India (You can share your thoughts in this)

In my opinion, this is the type of scale of RC Aircrafts we could make in India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles