Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No comments.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
In my young time. I'm too old now....
Yes, it looks like a real one in flight. Impressive.
Oh so you were a fan When you were young? That's cool! Well if not you could atleast Discuss stuff here. You are always welcome. Age is not a Barrier sir.
But gosh that Rafale. I have seen that at times it's easy to mistaken such RC scale planes for the Real thing. They almost look exactly and sound exactly on what they are based of off.

Super Flanker

Banned
You are absolutely right.
I always wonder how are they able to accomplish such things?
That RC jet Turbines which are used in making these RC Aircrafts like RC Eurofighter, SU-30 ,Rafale, F-15 etc almost sound like the real thing. Looks like it's basically a Mini Engine which uses actual fuel. Always wanted to get my hands on Them.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
@FalconZero hey there mate. Do you think that we should make a Scale Model or RC model of the mirage 2000? Do you have any suggestions with regards to this?
Like what Materials we could use and What not?
Maybe I was thinking that the Model would look something somewhat like this:
Video link:
These seem to be a more realistic Size in my opinion for a Potential RC or scale Model.
Surprising to see that it's possible to lauch the M2000 by hand.

Super Flanker

Banned
Surprising to see that it's possible to lauch the M2000 by hand.
It's not just Mirage-2000. Many RC Planes can be launched that way. It was a more traditional and Classic method of making an RC plane takeoff into the Air. But now days the Aircrafts are able to use a Tarred Runaway (which is quite Small) to be able to takeoff or even a Grassy terrain can be used for take-off.
Take a look at the Following Videos.

Super Flanker

Banned
@Foxbat @mist_consecutive @MiG-29SMT @FalconSlayers @THESIS THORON @Nationalist Manasvi Papa and you all.
Hey guys. I wanted to make a Cardboard/Metal/Transperant plastic Model of the MIG-25 Foxbat. I have not decided the Scale Yet. Anyways I had a Request, could someone send me the measurements of the Different angles of the Wings, Tail ,Vertical Stabilizers etc ? I only want to know this and what scale would you recommend?
but overall I wanted something like this:
IMG_20200501_165451818.jpg

Super Flanker

Banned
Hey you all nibbiars. I wanted to make a scale model of an R-73 Missile (Just for display though) any tips? I was thinking of using a PVC pipe for making the Body of the Missile because the body of the Missile is cylindrical and PVC is also too. Also for the Control surfaces like the Fins and Stuff I would use wood.
ecziqkn2-900.jpg

(Picture of an R-73)
5-inch-pvc-pipe-500x500.jpg

share your opinion and thoughts on This-

Super Flanker

Banned
Hey you all nibbiars. I wanted to make a scale model of an R-73 Missile (Just for display though) any tips? I was thinking of using a PVC pipe for making the Body of the Missile because the body of the Missile is cylindrical and PVC is also too. Also for the Control surfaces like the Fins and Stuff I would use wood.
View attachment 130142
(Picture of an R-73)
View attachment 130144

@Bleh @IndianHawk @FalconSlayers @mist_consecutive @Mikesingh @Mikel @Dark Sorrow

THESIS THORON

Country flag
View attachment 130142
(Picture of an R-73)
View attachment 130144

PVC will be hard to cut and do finishing on it

it will be better if you use cardboard or thermocol.

Super Flanker

Banned
PVC will be hard to cut and do finishing on it

it will be better if you use cardboard or thermocol.
I don't think so bro. I can get the PVC to be cut out in the appropriate way. For me I find the PVC for job. Anyways I wanted to make a model of around 4.5-5+ feet only (Length wise)

And what will I use thermocol or Cardboard for in this case? :smile:

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I don't think so bro. I can get the PVC to be cut out in the appropriate way. For me I find the PVC for job. Anyways I wanted to make a model of around 4.5-5+ feet only (Length wise)

And what will I use thermocol or Cardboard for in this case? :smile:
you will need to inset fins some where, so, if you use pvc, then you have to heatup your knive or saw blade.

then make a slot to insert fins.

but if you make cylinder out of cardboard then you can do this using paper cutter.

regarding thermocol, you can buy this from local shops ig.

1641534147169.jpeg

or you can buy thick thermocol sheet and cut circles out of it and glue them together to make a cylinder.

Super Flanker

Banned
you will need to inset fins some where, so, if you use pvc, then you have to heatup your knive or saw blade.

then make a slot to insert fins.

but if you make cylinder out of cardboard then you can do this using paper cutter.

regarding thermocol, you can buy this from local shops ig.

View attachment 130148

or you can buy thick thermocol sheet and cut circles out of it and glue them together to make a cylinder.
I will see about this in more detail a bit later. Don't worry mate. I can definitely Convince someone to do it.

Or else I will go by your technic of using cylindrical thermocol for the R-73. Anyways I will see what can be done.

Also for the MIG-25 Foxbat model which I wanted to make. I wanted some help in it though.

Actually I wanted to make a Static model of the MIG-25 Foxbat for display (After doing this I will see if it is possible to make an RC model of the MIG-25 Foxbat)

I wanted the end result to look something like this though:
IMG_20200501_165451818.jpg

Also just incase I want to add Missiles to the MIG-25 than I will use this type of small PVC for the Missiles(Quite lightweight if you ask me, if RC than I don't think so the PVC will be too heavy that the plane won't be able to achieve lift)
IMG_20220107_111842.jpg

----------
Thanks for the advice though!

Super Flanker

Banned
pvc cutting method using heated blade is messy and can ruin your knife.
I never said that I will use heated blade for something like this type of Job. I will just tell the Required Authority to cut the PVC pipe into the appropriate size that I will want. That's all:

Something like this:
v-cut-stand.jpg

(Picture 1)
how-to-cut-pvc-pipe-step-4.jpg

(Picture-2)
shutterstock_1168332706-scaled.jpg

(Picture-3)

Also look at the Following Videos too:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Why do you want to use wood for fins/Control surfaces? Why not aluminum? Use a wood-cutting saw with carbide-tipped blades to cut aluminum. It's more smooth and can be painted any color with a shine.

Here's a 3D model of the missile from all angles.....

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Banned
Why do you want to use wood for fins/Control surfaces? Why not aluminum? Use a wood-cutting saw with carbide-tipped blades to cut aluminum. It's more smooth and can be painted any color with a shine.
I guess you do have a point but I am Not sure mate.
-
I don't want anything exactly like with shine or something. Basically I said wood so that the end product will Look something like this, have a look at this wooden replica of the R-73 Missile:
300px-R-73_NTW_-_94.jpg

(R-73 mock-up on a Hungarian Air Force MiG-29 at Kecskemét Air Show 2008)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles