Prahaar Short Range Tactical Missile System

Country flag
That is not DRDO's fault, the army choose to go with the T90 because they felt that the DRDO can't deliver but when all the dust settled Arjun seems to be a better platform than the T90. If the Army had a choice it would go back and choose the Arjun over the T90
Why did the Russians use T-72's in Georgia and no T-90's??

noob101

symbolically, having just over 100 Arjuns on trial basis wont help your argument
In a war if the IA decides to make a major offensive into Pak then the tip of the armored spear is most likely going to be the Arjun regiments so you cant say they are just on a trial basis. Plus the IA is going to get 8 total regiments of MK I & II which is more than 500 tanks more than some countries whole armies. like I said before If IA had not spent so much money and time setting up the infrastructure to build T90's we would see a lot more Arjun's in the IA.

Country flag
I don't know so please tell me and also tell me how that is related to my post
You are claiming T-90 is better than Arjun. If it was better why didn't the Russians use it in Georgia
instead of the older T-72's?? Answer maybe because they are busy exporting all their T-90 to India.
It is not a issue of delivery or quality that is a problem with Arjun but more corruption and kickbacks.

Bhon

You are claiming T-90 is better than Arjun. If it was better why didn't the Russians use it in Georgia
instead of the older T-72's?? Answer maybe because they are busy exporting all their T-90 to India.
It is not a issue of delivery or quality that is a problem with Arjun but more corruption and kickbacks.
I don't think that's what he meant to say. Arjun has a much better armour than the T-90. Sadly defense policy not only takes into consideration effectiveness but also the policy of appeasement. Arjun is being inducted as we speak along with the T-90s.

Blackwater

I don't think that's what he meant to say. Arjun has a much better armour than the T-90. Sadly defense policy not only takes into consideration effectiveness but also the policy of appeasement. Arjun is being inducted as we speak along with the T-90s.
can you prove your point. friend

trackwhack

Blackwater, most of us can relate to your frustration regarding the developmental timeline and effectiveness/efficiency of DRDO systems. But do you know the reason why we were overrun and ruled by the British for 200 years? It was not manpower or lack of unity among our kingdoms. It was our lack of warfare technology.
We are still laggards in this area but we are closing the gap with every passing year and we will be at the cutting edge of warfare systems in 2-3 decades. If instead, like you say, we put all our eggs on import of all our weapons systems we will suffer the same fate that we did with the British, sooner or later. There is no escaping that.

Edit : Apologies LF, I was typing this post while you submitted the above instruction and hence did not notice. Please feel free to remove it if necessary

Last edited:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
We can not rely on DRDO products, we need second line of defence

we must procure ammerican or Israeli system
GOI should closed DRDO or privatize it.It's sheer burden on on defence budget. nothing has come positive in last 65 yrs. Still we rely heavily on foreign mall
What do you want? India hand over all defence business to Pepsi co. pvt. ltd or just go on buying foreign supplies, sorry I am too lazy to to quote each and every replies of your's, if I miss some thing please excuse me.

I gave you so many example still you don't believe me .It's not me you are living in dream and denial world..

There is no harm in collaboration or foreign R&D. :taunt:

Its better to have something than nothing
I said what the truth is. I want DRDO to be efficient not the white elephant.. Tel me if i say anything wrong about DRDO. all examples i gave were enough to prove my point
Go through the whole thread , you will find description:sad::sad:

Blackwater

Blackwater, most of us can relate to your frustration regarding the developmental timeline and effectiveness/efficiency of DRDO systems. But do you know the reason why we were overrun and ruled by the British for 200 years? It was not manpower or lack of unity among our kingdoms. It was our lack of warfare technology.
We are still laggards in this area but we are closing the gap with every passing year and we will be at the cutting edge of warfare systems in 2-3 decades. If instead, like you say, we put all our eggs on import of all our weapons systems we will suffer the same fate that we did with the British, sooner or later. There is no escaping that.

I never said that. Iam advocating more effectiveness of DRDO. I advocating, mix of weapons ,local and international.

Blackwater

Sir , are you trolling >????

Failure is a step towards Success , I Guess you are a Senior here and act like one :thumb:
when i said failure.? I said marvel from DRDO, y u taking everything negative

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles