BSF Gets First Fast Attack Craft Prahaar

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
How much of coastal duties fall under BSF? I thought it was only done by coastguard and navy.

aditya g

Country flag
How much of coastal duties fall under BSF? I thought it was only done by coastguard and navy.
BSF has a full fledged water wing, which is responsible for Pakistan and Bangladesh border areas as Nuvneet has mentioned. They are well equipped with IIRC 6+ Floating BOPs with numerous motor launches.

BSF is effectively the third "Navy" of India. This new FAC adds a new capability altogether, though I am mystified as to why it was imported.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
BSF has a full fledged water wing, which is responsible for Pakistan and Bangladesh border areas as Nuvneet has mentioned. They are well equipped with IIRC 6+ Floating BOPs with numerous motor launches.

BSF is effectively the third "Navy" of India. This new FAC adds a new capability altogether, though I am mystified as to why it was imported.
Any info on cost?????????????????????????????????????????

uoftotaku

Country flag
Any info on cost?????????????????????????????????????????
These type boats cost between US$6M-$8M each depending on load out and equipment levels.

Some African countries buy unmodified civilian spec versions for as little as US$5.5M while some non brain Arabs buy gold plated versions for as much as US $15M

My family operates a ship building yard in Asia, we have sold several of these to ASEAN forces

Global Defence

New threads

Articles