Indian Special Forces

mupper2

Country flag
It's my first time hearing this. Do you have more information on this ?
There is a NATO certified advanced SOM program here run by a former Ranger Alan O'Brien at University College Cork, anyhow there were a number of Indian military and I think NSG but I'm not 100% on that, who attended a few times in 2021/22

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Tangential to InSOF but I know you lads like this stuff. A couple of our favourite tactical trainers including Tu Lam and Dom Raso should probably be expecting visits from the FBI soonish..
whoops
Chinese best at salami slicing but When Giant Elephant will wake up focus on what happening around it and set it's Future strategic & national security goals

Kumaoni

Hmm actually i would say for the most part quiet the contrary. (though there are definetly instances in the recent past where you are correct)

Example: The First Tavor Batch was given to SFF units who ran it up and down the mountains for a few years. A long list of defects were given to the Israelis to fix before the final order was placed for the Paras.

do keep in mind most (if not all) foriegn maal will fail in India . no matter who makes them. Weapon systems designed for the plains and seas of europe dont pass muster in the Subcontinent. Every single thing including T-90s to SSKs to small arms needs to be improved once they come into service. That is a fact of Subcontinental operating conditions.
This. We operate in way more complex conditions than other nations. This is a fact.

DIE UwU

Country flag

Innocent civilians LOL x2
Vikram Sir seems like one of the only few who timely provides very credible information.
All posts and comments made by him indicates he knows and understands the bigger picture.

Also I thought we had decent relations with bakarwals since sarp vinash time which got stronger after op apache ?
Guess I was wrong ?

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Vikram Sir seems like one of the only few who timely provides very credible information.
All posts and comments made by him indicates he knows and understands the bigger picture.

Also I thought we had decent relations with bakarwals since sarp vinash time which got stronger after op apache ?
Guess I was wrong ?
See his interview with shiv Kunal Verma. He explains 3-4 points why this shift may have occurred

Kumaoni

Guess I was wrong ?
That was 20 years ago

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Hmm actually i would say for the most part quiet the contrary. (though there are definetly instances in the recent past where you are correct)

Example: The First Tavor Batch was given to SFF units who ran it up and down the mountains for a few years. A long list of defects were given to the Israelis to fix before the final order was placed for the Paras.

do keep in mind most (if not all) foriegn maal will fail in India . no matter who makes them. Weapon systems designed for the plains and seas of europe dont pass muster in the Subcontinent. Every single thing including T-90s to SSKs to small arms needs to be improved once they come into service. That is a fact of Subcontinental operating conditions.
TAR-21s' delivered to Paras were still mired with issues and this is in addition to challenges of a bullpup in general. Most civilian users and vets who had an opportunity to own/tryout the Tavors also echo the same. IWI actually ended up resolving most issues in the X-95 instead

India's selection of Tavors is purely political. IA wouldn't think twice to kill an indigenous project when a defect is surfaced but here we're giving them multiple opportunities to improve the design. While IDF did induct the X95, I've hardly seen them in use from the videos coming outta Gaza. Both their regular and SF units still continue to use an AR platform like the M4 or the Arad which is a conventional design

ManhattanProject

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles