Indian Special Forces

kaboom

Country flag
Why? Desert tan would go well with their new Multicam
Desert tan will be the best option if they standardize multicam ,
but
Cars, guns and lingerie look best in black .

Well, they can just spray paint them anyways depending upon circumstances .

DIE UwU

Country flag
Desert tan will be the best option if they standardize multicam ,
but
Cars, guns and lingerie look best in black .

Well, they can just spray paint them anyways depending upon circumstances .
Black is a horrible choice for a firearm.
Black is rarely found in natural environment ao it stands out even in night.
Also I dont think they will be allowed to paint their rifles as many companies void the warranty if you do so.
Tan is probably the best choice .

kaboom

Country flag
Black is a horrible choice for a firearm.
Black is rarely found in natural environment ao it stands out even in night.
Also I dont think they will be allowed to paint their rifles as many companies void the warranty if you do so.
Tan is probably the best choice .
Nope , black is naturally rarely found , but shadows are black , thus it works good as a base color . Paint white on black , you get a chamo for arctic . Paint green on it you get a chamo for forest . Paint a lot of yellow , you get a chamo for arid regions .

Desert tan will work very good in laddakh, rajathan and urban areas but will not work in North east , kashmir during snowing and in heavy greenery .

To be honest , there is no go to color that can work in all areas , thus we need to paint/camouflage our guns . Paras , who operate in nearly all areas paint their guns according to the surrounding (not all but some do , a large chunk still uses vanilla black tavors ).
If Marcos is going to expand their AO they will also have to paint . Afaik painting on the exterior of guns does not effect warranties.

1704904367438.png

1704904390638.png
1704904843096.png

airborneCommando

Country flag
Nope , black is naturally rarely found , but shadows are black , thus it works good as a base color . Paint white on black , you get a chamo for arctic . Paint green on it you get a chamo for forest . Paint a lot of yellow , you get a chamo for arid regions .

Desert tan will work very good in laddakh, rajathan and urban areas but will not work in North east , kashmir during snowing and in heavy greenery .

To be honest , there is no go to color that can work in all areas , thus we need to paint/camouflage our guns . Paras , who operate in nearly all areas paint their guns according to the surrounding (not all but some do , a large chunk still uses vanilla black tavors ).
If Marcos is going to expand their AO they will also have to paint . Afaik painting on the exterior of guns does not effect warranties.

View attachment 235835
View attachment 235836 View attachment 235839
Marcos' AO is already very huge and diverse.
Here in India, they train and sometimes deploy in similiar terrains to their AO. From Sunderbans to North Kashmir to Bombay High and Rajasthan/Gujarat, each employing a plethora of camos. Although they might go for FDE variants of their next weapon I believe

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
We have money..we have decent infra for where and who we are..

my question is genuinely why are our drills so shit and so are our sops..is there a de brief culture like we have in flying to analyse and learn

dont they think..what they need and what can be done better

no matter how much we abuse the general who maybe has hardly seen any combat… at the end of the day the old general from a non fighting arm maybe cant come and teach u sops!

Jedi Operator

Country flag
We have money..we have decent infra for where and who we are..

my question is genuinely why are our drills so shit and so are our sops..is there a de brief culture like we have in flying to analyse and learn

dont they think..what they need and what can be done better

no matter how much we abuse the general who maybe has hardly seen any combat… at the end of the day the old general from a non fighting arm maybe cant come and teach u sops!
In the west, once they develop SOPs after a failed mission, nbasically learn their lessons is what I mean. They dont go back to their old stupid mistakes. Here in India it's different

airborneCommando

Country flag
In the west, once they develop SOPs after a failed mission, nbasically learn their lessons is what I mean. They dont go back to their old stupid mistakes. Here in India it's different
There's this org within the ARTRAC called "centre for leasons learned" that was tasked to do similiar stuff. I will try to ask about it's current status as of 2024.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Like i said. dont need the HK. Caracal is supposedly better by almost all parameters and specifically designed to take the beating of the Desert.
Carcal will fight in carbine tender so that's the only hope for now of them getting into army otherwise don't think they are fighting for any other tender.

kaboom

Country flag
Instead of going with a rifle , i think marcos should tie up with a company caracal,lmt,sig ,plr or any one and build one subsystem around their specific requirement and then buy it in hefty numbers along with all the optics, lam , suppressor etc.
Kinda like urgi and ks1 .

As now a days all the top systems are nearly the same

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Instead of going with a rifle , i think marcos should tie up with a company caracal,lmt,sig ,plr or any one and build one subsystem around their specific requirement and then buy it in hefty numbers along with all the optics, lam , suppressor etc.
Kinda like urgi and ks1 .
Yea too much work just for few 100 of rifles no company is gonna do it if all sf we in on it then maybe but for only marcos who are what 800 to 1 at most Naa

Articles