Indian Special Forces

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Continue the discussion afresh from here.
Link to the old thread here.

1. News and Updates.
2. Training.
3. Deployments.
4. Operations.
5. Weapons, Equipment and tactics.

6. New Procurements.
7. Budget.
8. Multi Media.
9. KIAs, Casualties, Rehabilitation
10 Achivements
11 Issues and Solutions

Avoid vs this and that.

Use other relevant threads to discuss their counterparts and contemporary Special forces from other countries.

Avoid giving real time information on operations, deployments, Soldier IDs and their family information.

Avoid if possible (not enforced) preempting next possible overt or covert action until not disclosed by media, government agencies and open sources.

Qualified Criticism based on facts and academic arguments most welcome.

No personal jibes.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Posters ready to contribute positively without personal exchanges can start right away. I will sort out the list of collaborators to limit replies very soon if decorum is not maintained this time again.

Regards.

Gessler

Country flag
Shubh Arambh kar raha hoon mitron
View attachment 70755
10 PARA SF
Interesting - going by the design of the shoulder straps it appears to be either a Crye Precision JPC or rather an equivalent.

Reason I say some equivalent is because original Crye JPC in Coyote tan doesn't come with black shoulder straps. So most likely a copy of JPC from some other supplier.

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
What's the feedback on those boots, are they happy with them?
Pretty positive response from the army.
New boots from Nogo Einet are very comfortable.
The padding provided in the shoes provides a comfort zone.suitable for hiking, trekking and other strenuous activities, footwear help in avoiding ankle ache and foot fatigue.
Earlier boots manufactured by ofb were uncomfortable and most of the troops bought their own boots.

Immanuel

Country flag
Pretty positive response from the army.
New boots from Nogo Einet are very comfortable.
The padding provided in the shoes provides a comfort zone.suitable for hiking, trekking and other strenuous activities, footwear help in avoiding ankle ache and foot fatigue.
Earlier boots manufactured by ofb were uncomfortable and most of the troops bought their own boots.
army.pdf (nogaeinat.co.il)

Interesting, didn't know we got them from Israel, are they locally made or direct imports?

Killbot

Country flag
May be new ones being made at PLR no, looks new? I am glad the MEPRO MOR is adopted, it's a damn good sight, had an opportunity to use it with a civilian SCAR-H a few years ago in Michigan.

ABOUT-US (plrsystem.in)
Most likely being made by PLRS. But I'd have liked to see a magnified sight, preferably a 1-6x LPVO on the Tavors. Because despite being compact, bullpups aren't ideal for CQB. Most of the gun is behind your main hand. Which means that part isn't maneuverable. And then there is the problem of overpenetration as the muzzle velocity of a bullet out of an 18.5" barrel will be around 3000 fps with 62gr 5.56. A compact AR-15 style weapon would be much better as it would be more maneuverable and bullet would have a much lower muzzle velocity. ~2500-2600 fps with 10.5"/11.5" barrel is ideal, as it is the minimum velocity required for fragmentation of 5.56mm bullet upon impact. Anything lower and you'll leave just a tiny hole that may or may not kill the enemy. That is why I've been shilling for Car-816 so much. A quality AR-15 style SBR for around $1150 is a steal. Applications with SF are plenty. IWI Arad with 11.5" barrel is even better as the 11.5" barrel is the most ideal SBR barrel length.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
What's the feedback on those boots, are they happy with them?
Not being able to see the name of manufacturer, but there are pics of boots of similar design from different manufacturers. Even company logos are same. I see boots of this design everywhere including SOFs.
20200829_153530.jpg

Screenshot_20190821-203201_Facebook.jpg

That a MKU helmet?
10 PARA SF procured these DE ACH on battalion level & some of them with rails & mounts. Airborne & SF started receiving similar helmets after 2016. But manufacturers of both are unknown to me because full cuts designs are almost same.

@Unknowncommando 2 are the flat top tavors just modified old tavors or new ones? How many of them were bought?
Brand new TAVORs & no modifications here. Numbers unknown to me.

looks like there is no plate in there.
Right no plates

Last edited:

Rubian45

Country flag
Not being able to see the name of manufacturer, but there are pics of boots of similar design from different manufacturers. Even company logos are same. I see boots of this design everywhere including SOFs.
View attachment 70788
It looks like the Unistar Jungle Boots.

Global Defence

Articles