Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Some one even said That @ALBY Nibbia is. Bolne mein hei sharam a rahe hai.

Its true, some members on this thread are outright irritating just keeping this thread alive to stay relevant on the forum. I say that MD530F is good they’ll say its waste of money and how it won’t be useful for us, usecase wise comtacs and pano nvgs are also of no use for us when beyond J&K and NE we don’t operate, then why whine about it?

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The PKM uses an outdated 7.62x54r round which is rimmed, hence cant really work with push through or disintegrating links. The Negev woth with 7.62 rimless cartridge is more modern, not to mention you could update the rifle in the future with future rounds based on the 308 casing. For example, to swap from 7.62 nato to 6.5 creedmore all you need is a barrell change.
Barrel and BCG change although performance may need more fine tuning.

senapati3

Country flag
Its true, some members on this thread are outright irritating just keeping this thread alive to stay relevant on the forum. I say that MD530F is good they’ll say its waste of money and how it won’t be useful for us, usecase wise comtacs and pano nvgs are also of no use for us when beyond J&K and NE we don’t operate, then why whine about it?
Bhai log kneepads tak nahi bakshte aap to kya kya technology bolke Dara de rahe ho

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
1. News and Updates.
2. Training.
3. Deployments.
4. Operations.
5. Weapons, Equipment and tactics.

6. New Procurements.
7. Budget.
8. Multi Media.
9. KIAs, Casualties, Rehabilitation
10 Achivements
11 Issues and Solutions

Avoid vs this and that.

Use other relevant threads to discuss their counterparts and contemporary Special forces from other countries.

Avoid giving real time information on operations, deployments, Soldier IDs and their family information.

Avoid if possible (not enforced) preempting next possible overt or covert action until not disclosed by media, government agencies and open sources.

Qualified Criticism based on facts and academic arguments most welcome.

No personal jibes.

…………………..

Please follow above guidelines,

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Thread will not be locked without @ALBY ‘s recomendation.

Memebers are advised to stay out if they think the thread has become too personal and toxic.

I can restrict members and serve them thread ban but this is not sustainable in the long run.
Participants here are mature enough to run this thread for the purpose it is created. Obviously there are certain lines if crossed the action will be taken.

After reading a lot of posts, there is a pattern emerging that after technical discussions people start indulging into space-filler banters. Probably it is typical block people go into after focusing too much on technical aspects.

Again, it is advisable to take break and use other threads to unwind and relax.

Waanar

Country flag
GPNVG is a very specific piece of gear.
It's weight makes it rather unwieldy for long range ops because of the distances travelled (and Paras have crazy mobility factored into most their non CI ops, so even a gram extra is a gram too much) but it's incredibly useful in CQB, and rather specific to CQB too, where a vision of 50° and 90° can be the difference between life and death.

This is why I think QAT procured it much quicker than the Paras.
Dunno if it's widely available in either though.

As for MD530F, it's a shit bucket which can't fly for shi.....
Jk, I know nothing about little birds.😛

Waanar

Country flag
The PKM uses an outdated 7.62x54r round which is rimmed, hence cant really work with push through or disintegrating links. The Negev woth with 7.62 rimless cartridge is more modern, not to mention you could update the rifle in the future with future rounds based on the 308 casing. For example, to swap from 7.62 nato to 6.5 creedmore all you need is a barrell change.
The Polish use a really sexy 7.62 NATO chambered PKM (yeah, blew my mind too) named UKM 2000.
Dunno if a part swap is possible between your regular PKM and their UKM but if it is, we could extend the service of our Pikkas by simply buying those specific parts from them. (Don't tell me about some fine-print law where Poles won't sell us weapons parts that you specifically googled to dispute me and ask me if I know it. I don't!)

Tbh, the NG7 is the better choice (if money ain't an issue at all) but just putting it out here.
Would cut unnecessary expenses and give the soldiers a platform they already know inside out, instead of a new MG system which they'll have to modify and relearn their drills and handling on.

SGOperative

Country flag
The Polish use a really sexy 7.62 NATO chambered PKM (yeah, blew my mind too) named UKM 2000.
Dunno if a part swap is possible between your regular PKM and their UKM but if it is, we could extend the service of our Pikkas by simply buying those specific parts from them. (Don't tell me about some fine-print law where Poles won't sell us weapons parts that you specifically googled to dispute me and ask me if I know it. I don't!)

Tbh, the NG7 is the better choice (if money ain't an issue at all) but just putting it out here.
Would cut unnecessary expenses and give the soldiers a platform they already know inside out, instead of a new MG system which they'll have to modify and relearn their drills and handling on.
Negevs are already in service with Para SF in small numbers also the regular army getting it seems logical to go for Negevs maybe Modded PKMs could be passed on to State Police and CRPF where they could use it in Anti Naxal Ops

Waanar

Country flag
Negevs are already in service with Para SF in small numbers also the regular army getting it seems logical to go for Negevs maybe Modded PKMs could be passed on to State Police and CRPF where they could use it in Anti Naxal Ops
I know BSF would love some, for sure.
I was just talking of cost cutting measures since we happen to be poorer than Botswana. :megusta:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles