Indian Special Forces

Immanuel

Country flag
Been saying it for years, no money, no honey. Also as said before for donkey's years, from RFI, RFP to acquisition to force wide adaption and deployment , there are hundreds of technical, bureaucratic, financial, production, delivery, after care etc hurdles that need to be overcome. Any defence deal of any kind is a minor miracle in this country. Power and decision taking authority, funds and acquisition processes should be decentralized, I couldn't tell you how, but that would be start. MHA, MOD, PMO, can fuck off at that point. Forces manage their own budgets and allocate funds as needed and buy what they need. But wishfulthinking here, babudom likes to keep bureaucratic dick firmly in place.

Scramjet

Country flag
In USA everyone has a M4A1 pattern assault rifle from Police to the military, we have a clusterfuck.
Why not go for 5.56 as standard? Just because your INSAS round was dumb doesn’t mean it will be the same for every gun, it had a 890m/s muzzle velocity with a fuckin 18.3” of barrel while an M4A1 has a 910m/s muzzle velocity with a 14.5” barrel. Obviously INSAS would’ve been useless. 890m/s is only slightly higher than some 5.56 NATO SBRs.

I don’t get this logic of 7.62 is better, if so why the Russians themselves don’t use it? The Bulgarians use 5.56x45mm NATO AK-47s (their own domestic Arsenal AKs), Poland uses 5.56x45mm NATO AK-47s (their own domestic Beryl AKs), Russians use 5.45x39 Kalashnikovs, Belarusian Army uses 5.45x39mm Kalashnikovs, Ukrainian Army standard is 5.45x39mm Kalashnikovs (ask @Akim, if I’m wrong, I’ve seen only a few 7.62x39mm AKs in Ukrainian military). THESE ALL ARE SLAVIC COUNTRIES WHO ARE CULTURALLY VERY SIMILAR AND THEIR TERRAINS AND TRAINING ETC ARE SIMILAR).

NATO standard is 5.56x45 NATO cartridge, only the poor countries are using the 7.62x39mm as they don’t have any other choice snd options, most of post soviet states use 5.45x39.
Which round has higher stopping power ?

Immanuel

Country flag
In USA everyone has a M4A1 pattern assault rifle from Police to the military, we have a clusterfuck.
Why not go for 5.56 as standard? Just because your INSAS round was dumb doesn’t mean it will be the same for every gun, it had a 890m/s muzzle velocity with a fuckin 18.3” of barrel while an M4A1 has a 910m/s muzzle velocity with a 14.5” barrel. Obviously INSAS would’ve been useless. 890m/s is only slightly higher than some 5.56 NATO SBRs.

I don’t get this logic of 7.62 is better, if so why the Russians themselves don’t use it? The Bulgarians use 5.56x45mm NATO AK-47s (their own domestic Arsenal AKs), Poland uses 5.56x45mm NATO AK-47s (their own domestic Beryl AKs), Russians use 5.45x39 Kalashnikovs, Belarusian Army uses 5.45x39mm Kalashnikovs, Ukrainian Army standard is 5.45x39mm Kalashnikovs (ask @Akim, if I’m wrong, I’ve seen only a few 7.62x39mm AKs in Ukrainian military). THESE ALL ARE SLAVIC COUNTRIES WHO ARE CULTURALLY VERY SIMILAR AND THEIR TERRAINS AND TRAINING ETC ARE SIMILAR).

NATO standard is 5.56x45 NATO cartridge, only the poor countries are using the 7.62x39mm as they don’t have any other choice snd options, most of post soviet states use 5.45x39.
For Law enforcement i.e police, 5.56 is a no brainer. But for COIN, paramil, Infantry and SF, there is something about the AK platform that has a higher perceived reliability, durability factor which IA and Indian forces at large will not abandon easily. Do I get this right @AVINASH4061?

Also in a direct action covert op behind enemy lines would your prefer a well kitted out M-4 or well kitted AK version (I don't know if you've had experience with kitted out AKs, I assume you do) or Tavor?

Scramjet

Country flag
For Law enforcement i.e police, 5.56 is a no brainer. But for COIN, paramil, Infantry and SF, there is something about the AK platform that has a higher perceived reliability, durability factor which IA and Indian forces at large will not abandon easily. Correct if I get this right @AVINASH4061?

Also in a suppose a direct action op in behind enemy lines would your prefer a well kitted out M-4 or well kitted AK version (I don't know if you've had experience with kitted out AKs, I assume you do)
AKs are preffered due to the reasons you just mentioned, moreover, our guys are built in such a way that AK is a perfect fit for them (for most of the fauj)
Also, avinash sir has mentioned it over and over that equipment is operation and mandate specific

Immanuel

Country flag
AKs are preffered due to the reasons you just mentioned, moreover, our guys are built in such a way that AK is a perfect fit for them (for most of the fauj)
Also, avinash sir has mentioned it over and over that equipment is operation and mandate specific
Indeed, I agree, I don't think we need to be bashing the AK-203, as long as they get the right versions, it's still miles better than the INSAS, combine that with the SIG, the infantry and paramil should be happy with that.

I was wondering about @AVINASH4061 's preference if it were a: go in, fuck shit up majorly and bug out kind of op. Example the surgical strike.

rkhanna

Country flag
Ikhwans i guess he wants to know about?
Yea but the Ikhwans dumb fuckery was at a different level. How many died in reprisals ?

He is asking about Hunny Bakshi and others who were associated with Technical service division
Been discussed to death on the old thread.

Go through the references cited in the wiki articlr on TSD. All accurate and sums up what happened.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Every decision has good and bad side.
if tomorrow congress won, they wouldn't enjoy UAPA ?
If Congress wins
Pappu PM
If pappu PM, another era of sucking up to the Chinis and Paxstanis
I have my issues with Moulana Mudi Ji, but Work with what you got
It's not France for god's sake
We all do "vote nahi dunga" in twitter for their incompetency, but would anyone vote for pappu,
Especially if one consider matters of national security

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Arad rifle is just awesome with all accessories, is it not possible for Israelis to enter a deal with GOI like they did with vajpayee govt for tavors, like our three sf using arad and all the tavors going to para airborne, crpf, cisf, cobra.
I like the Arad too
A beauty
@FalconSlayers had been long advocating for the Arad,
I don't mind the MCx as well

rkhanna

Country flag
Arad rifle is just awesome with all accessories, is it not possible for Israelis to enter a deal with GOI like they did with vajpayee govt for tavors, like our three sf using arad and all the tavors going to para airborne, crpf, cisf, cobra.
They probably pitched but political expediancy towards Russia for the S400s has forced us into the 203s. + Possibly cheaper

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles