Indian Special Forces

shouryav105

Country flag
Is afsod going to be similar to socom or jsoc , someone said afsod is going to be like jsoc so shouldn't we 1st create an integrated special force command then think about creating a tier 1 unit if it is what afsod is and what is the current status of it, I haven't heard anything in a while.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Is afsod going to be similar to socom or jsoc , someone said afsod is going to be like jsoc so shouldn't we 1st create an integrated special force command then think about creating a tier 1 unit if it is what afsod is and what is the current status of it, I haven't heard anything in a while.
AFSOD is more like a prototype, there's probably gonna a proper command fleshed out. Or it'll become stagnant and stay the same.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Guys I have always been keen supporter of modernization of our sfs
But the fact that Chinese are training like sas, seals, etc which will make them a formidable sf is not correct
Even sas seals, etc have repeatedly told in interviews, youtube channels and many general have given speeches that the actual scenario is the actual training
Yeah I am against commando syndrome, lethargic and irresponsible nature of our sfs but they can be very lethal with their experience
As far as for Chinese sfs with those gear and tech they won't be able to even fight few taliban or isis terrorists
Becoz when actual bullet comes towards you to kill, yours buddies fallen bleeding, then at that moment how you control your psychology decides the fate of the battle and no training can give you that feeling
What those guys will tell you is training prepared them for those real life situations, that is the whole point of training, its to prepare you for real life. What i admire about foreign SF is they are experts in gun fighting, they may have zero interest in guns but they know how to use their tools.

SGOperative

Country flag
Nah, closest we have is that the Army Chief had meetings with i believe the Officer in charge of USSOCOM, presumably to discuss about AFSOD considering the Americans have offered to help model and develop it with their own expertise. It's a good deal, we should take it.
Dint we station a officer in US

SGOperative

Country flag
What those guys will tell you is training prepared them for those real life situations, that is the whole point of training, its to prepare you for real life. What i admire about foreign SF is they are experts in gun fighting, they may have zero interest in guns but they know how to use their tools.
Indian guys know their guns too everyone is tought about the gun there and attachment we dont give them sht!t to start with :cruisin2:

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Indian guys know their guns too everyone is tought about the gun there and attachment we dont give them sht!t to start with :cruisin2:
i dont think you understand, do our guys know about the weaver stance or the isosceles stance? We think we are the best and refuse to learn or adopt new ideas. There is an arrogance there which th US Sf guys lack. Willingness to learn.

abingdonboy

Country flag
P
Posting purely to illustrate the difference between legitimate SOF capability and commandos.

the most significant part here is that it was ordered from the very top of their executive leadership. This is the key to strategic operations, the lack of any similar mechanism in india is why Indian special units remain largely tactically employed and even if the executive wanted something done it would have to go through countless layers of command.

Bare in mind that these things are relatively common in the GWOT days for NATO SFs especially increasingly in Africa. No one can discount the experiences of Indian units who have seen combat but it’s nothing on par with the kind of experience or capability that some western units have seen in recent years.

it is because of these roles that the top units are also the best equipped in the world- form follows function, it’s not just about looking gucci.

if you aren’t equipped it’s largely because you aren’t a factor in big picture.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Global Defence

Articles