Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
<redacted>
Thought it was a different thread

Hota hai

abingdonboy

Country flag
wait for 10 more years, by then this crap would be junked by the army . AK 203s will rule the LOC and LAC
Not even close.

the AK โ€˜203โ€™ is going to be issued for all the POGs and non-frontline infantry (excluding RR). The big boys (frontline infantry at LOC, LAC, IBGs etc) are going to get the SIGs, what does they tell you?

the ONLY reason they are going for the AK is because itโ€™s (relatively ) cheap and because Russians basically own Indian MoD and demand their pound of flesh every now and then.

RR is maybe the only unit one can defend getting the 7.62*39 rifles given their mandate, remember even GIGN adopted BREN 7.62*39 after the Bataclan attacks but for pretty much every other role the AK-203/AK 7.62*39 is an outdated calibre that has none of the strengths of the 5.56 or 7.62 NATO. The best intermediate round might be 6.8 but 7.62*39 has all the drawbacks of the 7.62 and 5.56 NATO rounds without any of the benefits. Itโ€™s quite a ridiculous weapon to issue to infantry so gladly the IA has ordered the SIGs and I hope they go a bit above 144,000 after they realised they need to pivot to the East. 7.62 NATO in the mountains is a no brainier- they just need to get some sights on their guns to fully exploit it.

abingdonboy

Country flag
PLA SOF is a real thing it can hurt you.

PLA SOF:-
View attachment 124818
Laugh it up.

look up where they are going, they are already emulating Western units in training and equipment- they have AR-15 style rifles, comtacs, binocular NODs,IR illuminators etc. They even have started running 3 gun style shooting competitions and dynamic ranges whilst Indian SFs are going around yelling โ€˜COMMANDOโ€™ and running through rings of fire.

Underestimate your foe at your own risk.

SGOperative

Country flag
Not even close.

the AK โ€˜203โ€™ is going to be issued for all the POGs and non-frontline infantry (excluding RR). The big boys (frontline infantry at LOC, LAC, IBGs etc) are going to get the SIGs, what does they tell you?

the ONLY reason they are going for the AK is because itโ€™s (relatively ) cheap and because Russians basically own Indian MoD and demand their pound of flesh every now and then.

RR is maybe the only unit one can defend getting the 7.62*39 rifles given their mandate, remember even GIGN adopted BREN 7.62*39 after the Bataclan attacks but for pretty much every other role the AK-203/AK 7.62*39 is an outdated calibre that has none of the strengths of the 5.56 or 7.62 NATO. The best intermediate round might be 6.8 but 7.62*39 has all the drawbacks of the 7.62 and 5.56 NATO rounds without any of the benefits. Itโ€™s quite a ridiculous weapon to issue to infantry so gladly the IA has ordered the SIGs and I hope they go a bit above 144,000 after they realised they need to pivot to the East. 7.62 NATO in the mountains is a no brainier- they just need to get some sights on their guns to fully exploit it.
I do agree with the gun part but the caliber aint that bad as people think of it, If we are talking about non front line units the average distance at they will be engaging should not exceed 250-300mtrs which is roughly around the effective range of 7.62x39. For the gun we could have gone for AR Series chambered in similar round for some platform commonality with the Sigs so when the units rotate there's no hassle.

FalconSlayers

เคงเคฐเฅเคฎเฅ‹ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคคเคฟ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคฟเคคเคƒ
Country flag
Laugh it up.

look up where they are going, they are already emulating Western units in training and equipment- they have AR-15 style rifles, comtacs, binocular NODs,IR illuminators etc. They even have started running 3 gun style shooting competitions and dynamic ranges whilst Indian SFs are going around yelling โ€˜COMMANDOโ€™ and running through rings of fire.

Underestimate your foe at your own risk.
It is the experience that matters gentlemen.

FalconSlayers

เคงเคฐเฅเคฎเฅ‹ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคคเคฟ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคฟเคคเคƒ
Country flag
I do agree with the gun part but the caliber aint that bad as people think of it, If we are talking about non front line units the average distance at they will be engaging should not exceed 250-300mtrs which is roughly around the effective range of 7.62x39. For the gun we could have gone for AR Series chambered in similar round for some platform commonality with the Sigs so when the units rotate there's no hassle.
Why not go for an AR-15 chambered in 5.56x45 and bring commonality with your carbine round.
Or go for an AK chambered in 5.56x45.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Not even close.

the ONLY reason they are going for the AK is because itโ€™s (relatively ) cheap
AK 203 is not cheap
We are paying 1000 bucks USD for basically an AK103
We could have struck a better deal for a far better rifle, from the rooskies itself if the MoD babus persists to clap some natalyas, this whole episode is "smelly shiit" according to me imo

abingdonboy

Country flag
It is the experience that matters gentlemen.
Training matters too, at this rate PLA SOF will be exposed to better and more realistic training than Indian units and they also are going to start getting real world experience as the PLA will soon become quite expeditionary.

Remember China sees itself as a peer to the US, their units will this train accordingly. Indian units only measure themselves against the pakis

SGOperative

Country flag
AK 203 is not cheap
We are paying 1000 bucks for basically an AK103
We could have struck a better deal for a far better rifle, from the rooskies itself if the MoD babus persists to clap some natalyas, this whole episode is "smelly shiit" according to me imo
Its AK203 except the buttstock tho, not a complete scam

SGOperative

Country flag
Training matters too, at this rate PLA SOF will be exposed to better and more realistic training than Indian units and they also are going to start getting real world experience as the PLA will soon become quite expeditionary.

Remember China sees itself as a peer to the US, their units will this train accordingly. Indian units only measure themselves against the pakis
You are right but they are extensively copying the Americans and we need to look at different scenarios which Americans operated and what we will be doing in LAC. USSOF heavily geared towards DA after their GWOT which the chinese are trying to copy.

pipebomb

Country flag
Thing with china is hard to get what is propaganda and what is genuine change but lets see.
On similar lines
Interesting short read i enjoyed. I apologise if posted earlier

Tactical Doge

Country flag

Haldilal

เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคœเฅ€เคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ, เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฎเคฐเคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ
Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
AK 203 is not cheap
We are paying 1000 bucks USD for basically an AK103
Well yes but 1000 is relatively cheap by military standards but by small arms standards actually pretty expensive, especially when you compare to the cost of the SIG-716 which is just all around a better product. 1k for a stamped sheet metal AK is ludicrous but like I said itโ€™s political

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@abingdonboy sir I respect your views and even I am in very much for of extreme modernization of our sf as you can see in my previous post
But your view on Chinese sf that can outperform us by using advanced training and latest equipments by copying west is not possible
That mordern training with taking other countries example rather than experiencing your own is not possible
China can or may outperform any American counterpart but in sf they can't challenge even Somalian sf(infact they are very good)
For this need to experience bullet coming towards you in intentions of killing you, you need to experience casualties, failure, has to experience war and that's why even America having more advanced tech is also spending billions for experience
Equipment and advanced training is based on terrain and type of warfare you experience not what you copy from other country's warfare
Then only you will know how to fight fiercely with anger, cruelty and they will know the way to survive in difficult warfare
If I am wrong, sorry but thats what I know so if you feel wrong then it's your view and I will not reply further this