Indian Special Forces

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Correct me if i am wrong. This so called 1K usd per peice is calculated after accounting to the cost of setting up of factory infra etc etc. If thats true then its Ok as if u are making something from scratch it will cost some capital costs.
I had told this couple of times before too. The costing of weapons by OFB is fucking weird. OFB sells the shit quality Ghatak and Insas rifles to Police forces for similar amounts. Ie 70K something.
If OFB is going to make these weapons independently nothing much to be expected as you can't compare the Indian made Tars with its Bulgarian originals. In the words of one of my friends who is serving in Kerala Police SOG Tar feels like a Kudumbasree(women self group) product thanks to the crappy fit and finish, and its said that they had reverted Tars send to them in favor of Bulgarian ones.
So far only Kerala Police SOG has complained of the Trichy Assault Rifle. Understandably there may be QC issues with some rifles, even AK-12 has issues.

Is the QC issue widespread with all TAR procured till date?

Fit and finish is vastly better than the Ghatak and the old Romanian , East German , Type 56 , Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian mish-mash cops are issued.

Was this a comparison with the M5F41 or the M1 / M1F series of rifles ?

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Kerala has been beefing up its armoury for some time and in 2019 it had procured 42 AK 103 rifles and 100 TARs. Sources said the decision to purchase TARs in large numbers came after the Ministry of Home Affairs directed the Left Wing Extremism-affected states to switch to indigenous assault rifles for operational convenience. Kerala is counted among eight LWE-affected states and the state of late has enhanced its offensive against the red ultras. Ever since the LDF came to power in 2016, eight suspected Maoists have been gunned down in Kerala forests.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...-to-buy-250-trichy-assault-rifles-2337937.amp

SGOperative

Country flag
Not really. The way we raid a house in encounters is generally by blowing it apart with thermobarics unless METT-TC has civilian elements present. But when it comes to classified raids into insurgent OBJs, our actions on target are remarkably CQB oriented, which makes sense. It would be a waste to throw away any and all potential information with explosives, especially considering this is a counter insurgency campaign.
The problem with your idea of deployment is that Galwan didn't fall under the special operations scope to justify their use, which we actually didn't. We deployed the SFF, which i believe is no longer a special operations force and is at best special operations capable, with the anticipated existence of a proper special operations unit/task force element embedded within (SG?). However i don't believe the SFF men deployed were from this SOF element, atleast not in full capacity. Maybe acting as observers. Either way, it would make sense why China wouldn't deploy their SOF, because it's unnecessary and overplays their hand.
I was discounting CI/CT ops from Indian SF and SFF is a spec ops capable atleast in my definition they dont get spec ops training but are supposed to do covert ops and i would stand with the fact that Chinese SOF are largely untested and we also need to look at which SOF we are talking and whats their mission profile. They have multiple of their SOF dedicated to CT alone.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
So far only Kerala Police SOG has complained of the Trichy Assault Rifle. Understandably there may be QC issues with some rifles, even AK-12 has issues.

Is the QC issue widespread with all TAR procured till date?

Fit and finish is vastly better than the Ghatak and the old Romanian , East German , Type 56 , Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian mish-mash cops are issued.

Was this a comparison with the M5F41 or the M1 / M1F series of rifles ?
These guys are primarily issued with Bulgarian AR series and offlate M5F41s and a few old under folding Romanians are also there. So anything would be compared with it.

SGOperative

Country flag
They didn’t face any combat there though, just like the MARCOS they just secured the immediate surroundings of the area their ship was berthed at and helped get their citizens and others who were already there.
Thats preety much it AFAIK tho they made some movie on it where they had combat but cant find it.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
These guys are primarily issued with Bulgarian AR series and offlate M5F41s and a few old under folding Romanians are also there. So anything would be compared with it.
With an M5F41 perfectly understandable, but to call it worse than an M1F /M1 is a plain old insult.

Hopefully it's just a bad batch and not standard practice.

New rifles look good finish wise :

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Still offering under folders and slant muzzle break..its like they have no creativity.
Can’t argue argue about the muzzle brake, but the choice of buttstock is the force’s choice, they can choose between fixed, under folding, side folding, and M4 style. They also have to choose where they want picatinny rails too. Some have gone with Vanilla AK pattern while CRPF asked for rails on top of the handguard.
1639381755088.jpeg

vidhwanshak

Country flag

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Global Defence

Articles