Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Lack of quality in officers thatswhy she was invited.

Even a average guy here can humble a Infantry unit CO over modern weapons knowledge.

Then they might say..These bloody call of duty junta will teach us?
Recently I’ve seen your experiences dealing with ex IAF pilots in a multi crew environment replicated. My airline has actively sought to dispose of the ‘old school’ instructors (particularly ex RAF) who only listen to themselves and think everything they learned decades ago is the only way and absolutely zero interest in listening to contrary viewpoints. The interesting part is the scientific studies that have found that these guys actually deliver inferior training and cannot keep up with the advances in technology and in particular techniques

If this is the way even in a ‘progressive’ Western country I can only imagine the archaic thought process being instilled and embodied in some Indian officers even now.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Recently I’ve seen your experiences dealing with ex IAF pilots in a multi crew environment replicated. My airline has actively sought to dispose of the ‘old school’ instructors (particularly ex RAF) who only listen to themselves and think everything they learned decades ago is the only way and absolutely zero interest in listening to contrary viewpoints. The interesting part is the scientific studies that have found that these guys actually deliver inferior training and cannot keep up with the advances in technology and in particular techniques

If this is the way even in a ‘progressive’ Western country I can only imagine the archaic thought process being instilled and embodied in some Indian officers even now.
Elitism is a drug which has harsh withdrawal symptoms, and even worse consequences..

DumbPilot

Country flag
think of it this way, no internet or anything like that in the 90s so no exposure, these couple then come and show a few skills and get the ball rolling
Kinda fucked.

What's stopping them now? I suppose it's the cavalier attitude of high level officers like what we saw in KJS Dhillon's interaction on twitter. We have the resources, money, aptitude, but they just want to keep sending back capable officers in coffins and body bags. 🤪

When the Chinese attack comes, I suppose that the war will be decided by who is more stupid, and who can learn from that stupidity the fastest.

kaboom

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
When the Chinese attack comes, I suppose that the war will be decided by who is more stupid, and who can learn from that stupidity the fastest.
superior tactics or resources win wars, can anyone with a straight face say either of these are on the Indian side?

the Chinese might be conscripts and fakers but they also have grand ambitions and solid plans of how to get there.

Indian generals are generally just managing the status quo, when China says they want a 500 ship navy they make the plans to do so, when the IAF chief says they are sanctioned to have 42 squadrons they don’t issue a single order for years to get them even above 35 in the next 15 years

mcpo117

Country flag
Kinda fucked.

What's stopping them now? I suppose it's the cavalier attitude of high level officers like what we saw in KJS Dhillon's interaction on twitter. We have the resources, money, aptitude, but they just want to keep sending back capable officers in coffins and body bags. 🤪

ain't the bat munchers hiring ex European veterans to train their boys? Looks like they are learning faster than us. Given if we are learning at all.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
"Hum jazbe se jeetengey."
It's the same case as Delhi Swat

Army exists so that afsars can do corruption, because Jeets are retarded and stupid AF and puts afsars on a pedestal, saving them from any public outrage

All the sane and honest ones retire early as majors or captains

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Army and the PSUs embody all that is wrong in this country

Jedi Operator

Country flag
The only reason the blame game goes nowhere is because these matters are not even remotely electorally relevant. 99.999% of the Indian population won’t understand the situation and tactical failures.

Then most they do pay some attention will fall for the masala Bollywood bs ‘feeling pa-rood armeee’ republic day chest thumping nonsense.

if politicians felt the heat on these matters they’d get involved, as it is they are leaving it to the ‘experts’ in uniform and this is where they are.
best said

abingdonboy

Country flag
ain't the bat munchers hiring ex European veterans to train their boys? Looks like they are learning faster than us. Given if we are learning at all.
Not just Europeans but Canadians and Aussies, too. Basically all the best trained military capital available on the open market

the Indian military probably started at a higher base than the commies but like with the economic situation they created a plan and implemented it leaving india long behind. Their trajectory is exponential, Indian military still thinks it’s the 1900s

Kumaoni

Kinda fucked.

Genrols not at fault for a CO not following SOPs

Kumaoni

It's the same case as Delhi Swat

Army exists so that afsars can do corruption, because Jeets are retarded and stupid AF and puts afsars on a pedestal, saving them from any public outrage

All the sane and honest ones retire early as majors or captains
No. I’ve heard the most criticism from even retd upper brass men tho a minority

Tactical Doge

Country flag
No. I’ve heard the most criticism from even retd upper brass men tho a minority
Upper brass can criticise al they want when they're outside the organisation, but it doesn't make a difference if they can't keep their sweaty paws off of green dollah bills and Gori mem

Kumaoni

Upper brass can criticise al they want when they're outside the organisation, but it doesn't make a difference if they can't keep their sweaty paws off of green dollah bills and Gori mem
Everyone in this forum would do the same. It’s an inherent Indian trait. This is why India is a failed nation.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Everyone in this forum would do the same. It’s an inherent Indian trait. This is why India is a failed nation.
People in this forum doesn't get a say in what goes inside the army

Retired genrols once had

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles