Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

The post 1971/IPKF/Op Cactus Indian military actually had some teeth, for the time they were pretty much on par with contemporary forces (leaning more to Soviet standards but also using the bleeding edge Western tech in places) and also had high tempo capabilities

come the 90s and this fell off HARD and they’ve just remained still.

Kargil took the wind out of their sails and exposed a lot of their shortcomings and the mentality has never recovered

obviously not a coincidence that COIN started to occupy more and more of their bandwidth from the late 1980s and that has systematically hollowed them out.
One of the best air assault demonstrations I’ve seen ngl

airborneCommando

Country flag
View attachment 223181
Para Sf recent pic from Kokernag
The difference b/w both of these pics how tf these two battalions are existing at the same time conducting the same type of operation yet so much disparity in std kit and even bloody confidence.

Would like to add one more observation here, seems like guys with k9s and UAVs mostly wear patka helmets and ACHs.

greaterkashmir_2023-09_7d6eaf86-eb72-44bb-9e3a-b8ed73866baa_20230913097L.jpg

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
You know what a profession army officer would call this?

Loss of Command n Control

If this was a war you were pretty screwed for that day in that area and could have resulted in loss of more manpower..thats how you should take it
And this pagalpan or mazak that Indian Army COs do of walking right into battlezone to show they are condident or worthy or whatever will cost big time with a professional army like paki or chinese

Same incident could have resulted in the whole team being bogged down

anyway their bodies could not be recocved also for some time..which talks volumes about the situation handling

Kumaoni

And this pagalpan or mazak that Indian Army COs do of walking right into battlezone to show they are condident or worthy or whatever will cost big time with a professional army like paki or chinese

Same incident could have resulted in the whole team being bogged down

anyway their bodies could not be recocved also for some time..which talks volumes about the situation handling
Sir I believe this culture is exclusive to RR, whose officer jawan cas ratio is 1:7, while the army officer jawan ratio was 1:20 in Kargil.

Also, from the pics the terrorists released it seemed as if the Major was shot in the back.

Kumaoni

the current lot of army officers are a shame…I can post pics of para from 71 raid sitting on jongas much cooler than these and by the way if my life is at stake i would choose a para sf to save me from 71 over the current lot
How about Paras in the 90s? Officers like Jasrotia and Walia have no counterpart in todays day and age.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sir I believe this culture is exclusive to RR, whose officer jawan cas ratio is 1:7, while the army officer jawan ratio was 1:20 in Kargil.

Also, from the pics the terrorists released it seemed as if the Major was shot in the back.
Wherever he was shot doesnt matter at all..the question is why he was in their range?

Kumaoni

Wherever he was shot doesnt matter at all..the question is why he was in their range?
The Major could have been inspecting an encounter site.

Forget the Major, we all know Indian Army Majors are always fighting. What I want to know is how these filth managed to kill a Colonel. They even had possesion of their bodies too. How is this possible that a Colonel and Major both were killed?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The Major could have been inspecting an encounter site.

Forget the Major, we all know Indian Army Majors are always fighting. What I want to know is how these filth managed to kill a Colonel. They even had possesion of their bodies too. How is this possible that a Colonel and Major both were killed?
You are getting it wrong

officers got themselves killed ..no one killed them

sop mishandling it seems

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles