Indian Special Forces

khushank

Country flag
Lashkar commander Uzair khan and his aide killed in ananthnag encounter bringing the longest encounter in present and past decade to an end.Undoubtedly that guy really deserves a praise for his bravado no matter which side he is
Bruh, he ambushed our men and ran back to his hideout in Gadol Hill. Thought our men wouldn't hit back!
Operation was relaunched and he was trapped in his hideout!
He was killed in second day of the firefight while trying to escape his death!
It were 2 pakistani terrorists who were killed later!

Kumaoni

Bruh, he ambushed our men and ran back to his hideout in Gadol Hill. Thought our men wouldn't hit back!
Operation was relaunched and he was trapped in his hideout!
He was killed in second day of the firefight while trying to escape his death!
It were 2 pakistani terrorists who were killed later!
Again this proof that this armee can achieve good results if it applies itself and stops being reactionary, and uses tech like drones from the get go

jai jaganath

Country flag
The Major could have been inspecting an encounter site.

Forget the Major, we all know Indian Army Majors are always fighting. What I want to know is how these filth managed to kill a Colonel. They even had possesion of their bodies too. How is this possible that a Colonel and Major both were killed?
They had possession bcoz ia couldn't land medivac helis due to enemy fire
U know so called stupid logic of not using fire power on own territory
1. SOP were disobeyed in every regard
2. Heli wasn't able to land bcoz of enemy fire which made situation worse

mcpo117

Country flag
They had possession bcoz ia couldn't land medivac helis due to enemy fire
U know so called stupid logic of not using fire power on own territory
1. SOP were disobeyed in every regard
2. Heli wasn't able to land bcoz of enemy fire which made situation worse
I remember helos came shredded during Lanka operations and continued evacs. And now all they have is excuses.

kaboom

Country flag
why this? what happened to Dhruv and Rudra. I'd bet on Rudra 100% since it can work as both fire support and casevac.
size of LZ may be a factor but then , the LZ was big enough to accommodate 2 lamas , so I think it could have easily accommodated a Dhruv .

The reason I think most probable was that they never considered the possibility of facing ground fire in Kashmir and thus use lamas as they are cheaper to operate and can go almost anywhere . Medevac in valley is to load casualties in any available helicopter and race them to command hospital . None of the helicopters are equipped for dedicated medevac role AFAIK.

Navy does have dedicated systems . Army should adopt too .
1695296153503.png

Rudra can work but I would prefer an up armored Dhruv with necessary medical equipments and two M134 door gunners for suppression .

Mikel

Country flag
Pardon me for an immature question but what is the correct tactic to use regarding suppressive fire from air assets if the terrorists are positioned near the fallen soldiers, without desecrating their bodies?

mcpo117

Country flag
size of LZ may be a factor but then , the LZ was big enough to accommodate 2 lamas , so I think it could have easily accommodated a Dhruv .

The reason I think most probable was that they never considered the possibility of facing ground fire in Kashmir and thus use lamas as they are cheaper to operate and can go almost anywhere . Medevac in valley is to load casualties in any available helicopter and race them to command hospital . None of the helicopters are equipped for dedicated medevac role AFAIK.

Rudra can work but I would prefer an up armored Dhruv with necessary medical equipments and two M134 door gunners for suppression .
what a sad state of affairs.

kaboom

Country flag
Pardon me for an immature question but what is the correct tactic to use regarding suppressive fire from air assets if the terrorists are positioned near the fallen soldiers, without desecrating their bodies?
the answer is you can't target them without collateral damage. You just make your presence known maybe fire a few rounds in their general vicinity and hope that they disengage move for cover meanwhile ground force secure the area .
In most cases it works .. high rpm weapons are scary af

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles